• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

At any rate, I finally found the 2025 or later comment I was referring to scrolling my bookmarks that some users seemed to be unaware of.

Personally, I believe this information. This makes sense with the Dokkan Producer's comment all the way back in January that they have the entire release schedule for every character up to the 10th anniversary already decided (for those who were there, INT UI Omen Goku and PHY VB and Rose dropped as soon as the episodes were aired, so it'd seem they get this stuff in advance like XV2 did for MUI). Though it's nice to think he just couldn't reveal it and they bring Super back for the 40th anniversary.

Yeah I don't believe that. There has been no real info about the web anime even existing at all. No announcement and we are 2/3rds into the year. I don't find anything other than official announcements as reliable.

Too many straight lies so I don't believe anything at this point. There's no existing evidence for anything in production, and we're not Toei, so I don't buy anything 'leakers' say.

If the super anime comes back even an episode with a turd for 23 minutes and goku doing a kamehameha would be popular. Granolah and Moro would be popular just for being in the anime. And also everyone wants more characters. Ain't no way it's returning and not doing well. Everyone just want sth that is dragonball.

If the super anime comes back even an episode with a turd for 23 minutes and goku doing a kamehameha would be popular. Granolah and Moro would be popular just for being in the anime. And also everyone wants more characters. Ain't no way it's returning and not doing well. Everyone just want sth that is dragonball.
The turd arc hit different

I don't even know if they will stop with the end of Z. Like what stops them from continuing? They can do amazing stuff if they want to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't, tbh. It was the early 2000s so of course his mind's subject to change and it could, but Toriyama did say that that if there's new DB content he wouldn't continue past EOZ and just cover stuff before it from the timeskip, and that's exactly what the BoG Movie to Super's been up to now

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't, tbh. It was the early 2000s so of course his mind's subject to change and it could, but Toriyama did say that that if there's new DB content he wouldn't continue past EOZ and just cover stuff before it from the timeskip, and that's exactly what the BoG Movie to Super's been up to now
I just find it hard for it to stop if it keeps making money...also let's be real I just want db content till the day I die. Was watching the ultra instict transformation and I was like yes bring more forms.

I'm not understanding anything, if Ki comes from the soul itself and mentioned in the manga, why don't the characters who manipulate Ki have manipulation of the soul through Ki like Bleach?

I'm not understanding anything, if Ki comes from the soul itself and mentioned in the manga, why don't the characters who manipulate Ki have manipulation of the soul through Ki like Bleach?
The same reason why we don't manipulate electricity just because we access it from a battery.

Bleach has soul manipulation because they can literally manipulate soul particles. DB doesn't have anything like that.

omg this is so good :love::love::love::love::love:

5s87ki8oa6m61.jpg

I think it’s because they arent doing anything to their own souls, or other peoples souls. It’s just a “power source” for their ki, they don’t actually manipulate it.

In one of many fan translations of the original series, Future Trunks claims that "futures can be created over the smallest of things", which has been erroneously misinterpreted as "every action in the universe creates a parallel timeline" even though, Trunks was referring to his traveling in time to save Goku from death, and the "smallest of things" he is referring to are changes in history, which Super corroborates.
Well that’s how I always interpreted it, it’s not that different futures are intrinsically created through possibilities, it’s small changes in the timeline can cause different futures.

meaning time travel needs to occur for the timeline to be created and I’d argue the time rings prove that interpretation and not MWI.

What do other translations say?
Original Japanese textMy rough translationViz translationFan translation
え......と......たとえば孫悟空さんはオレが未来からもってきた心臓病の薬で命をとりとめました......ですがオレのいた未来の世界ではやっぱり悟空さんは過去に心臓病で死んだ人なんですつまり助かった悟空さんがいる未来もあれば死んでしまった未来もあるんですちょっとしたことでたくさんの未来ができてしまうわけです"Um... For example, Son Goku survived with heart disease medicine I brought from the future... but in the world I was in, Goku- died of heart disease in the past. In other words, there is a future where Goku survived, and there is a future where he died. Many futures can be created by one little thing.""Okay... for example... your Goku's life was saved by the medicine I brought from the future... but in my timeline, Goku still died from the disease. In other words, there's both a future in which Goku has died... and one in which he lived. Each change in the past creates new futures.""Well, for example, in the present time, Goku-san's life was saved with the cure for the heart disease that I brought over from the future... but in the future from which I came, Goku-san is still someone who died in the past of the heart disease. In other words, while there's a future in which Goku-san is alive, there's another future in which he is dead. Many different futures are created over the smallest of things."

Weren't there statements of there being "tons" of parallel timelines, along with gray time rings representing different worlds that were not created by time traveling? And with GT being one of the alternate futures and some other ones, its fine.

Original Japanese textMy rough translationViz translationFan translation
え......と......たとえば孫悟空さんはオレが未来からもってきた心臓病の薬で命をとりとめました......ですがオレのいた未来の世界ではやっぱり悟空さんは過去に心臓病で死んだ人なんですつまり助かった悟空さんがいる未来もあれば死んでしまった未来もあるんですちょっとしたことでたくさんの未来ができてしまうわけです"Um... For example, Son Goku survived with heart disease medicine I brought from the future... but in the world I was in, Goku- died of heart disease in the past. In other words, there is a future where Goku survived, and there is a future where he died. Many futures can be created by one little thing.""Okay... for example... your Goku's life was saved by the medicine I brought from the future... but in my timeline, Goku still died from the disease. In other words, there's both a future in which Goku has died... and one in which he lived. Each change in the past creates new futures.""Well, for example, in the present time, Goku-san's life was saved with the cure for the heart disease that I brought over from the future... but in the future from which I came, Goku-san is still someone who died in the past of the heart disease. In other words, while there's a future in which Goku-san is alive, there's another future in which he is dead. Many different futures are created over the smallest of things."

Jacos statement does seem to mean that only time travel makes new timelines. Which also makes sense with the context of the android saga.
Weren't there statements of there being "tons" of parallel timelines, along with gray time rings representing different worlds that were not created by time traveling? And with GT being one of the alternate futures and some other ones, its fine.
Wouldn’t the justification for 2-B have to change then?

along with gray time rings representing different worlds that were not created by time traveling
The normal Time Rings represent the main timeline.
Which is why they can only be used to travel into the future and back into the past, as "time flows in only one direction".

Green Time Rings are created when the past is rewritten, resulting in the creation of a parallel world. At the beginning of the "Future" Trunks Saga, there are four, representing the changes made to history by the Universe 12 Time Machine (as per the manga), Trunks traveling into the past to save Goku, a second Trunks traveling back to the future after retrieving the blueprints for the Shut Down Remote, and Cell traveling to the present after killing Trunks^2. By the end, a fifth is created after Trunks and Mai return further into the past of their timeline with Beerus and Whis.
Weren't there statements of there being "tons" of parallel timelines
Not necessarily.

There is Gowasu inserting the box of Time Rings into a storage unit surrounded by a countless number of additional storage units, implying the existence of countless additional Time Rings*, but nothing ever implies that every single storage unit seen contains a box of Time Rings.

As the Supreme Kai, this is likely the room where he files and stores his knowledge of the universe, which includes the box of Time Rings, rather than being dedicated exclusively to a myriad of boxes of Time Rings. Like how King Kai possesses

Back