• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

max power kamehameha>Roshi's max power......what is hard to understand?
Roshi's kamehameha is Roshi's max power focused on a single spot. It's not above it but rather the same. You can argue about making it smaller thus making it more effective but as far as pure power is concerned it's not above Roshi's max power..
It's Roshi's max power. Same way Kikoho is Tien's max power but used more effectively. If you would like to believe Kamehameha as a technique somehow is better than the sum totality of it's ki then Kikoho also does that but better and Tien's ki is equal or beyond Roshi's so...

Roshi's kamehameha is Roshi's max power focused on a single spot. It's not above it but rather the same. You can argue about making it smaller thus making it more effective but as far as pure power is concerned it's not above Roshi's max power..
It's Roshi's max power. Same way Kikoho is Tien's max power but used more effectively. If you would like to believe Kamehameha as a technique somehow is better than the sum totality of it's ki then Kikoho also does that but better and Tien's ki is equal or beyond Roshi's so...
when goku did the kamehameha against raditz his PL went up, when piccolo did the makenkosapo against raditz his PL went up significantly, concentrated attacks raise you AP in DB

Nothing suggests it is.
I mean you could say attacks somehow are more effective in using ki but it's still roughly the same as using all your ki in a punch. But even if kamehameha had a way that increases it's power more than the Ki used the kikoho does that even better said by Roshi.

when goku did the kamehameha against raditz his PL went up, when piccolo did the makenkosapo against raditz his PL went up significantly, concentrated attacks raise you AP in DB
Wanna know why? Because they use ki sparingly to not run out. Using attacks galvanize much more ki and that's why the power level increases because instead of using ki sparingly it's used in a big attack. These attacks are of course stronger than regular punches and kicks but not to a ridiculous degree baring kienzan which is something special and kikoho which also uses life energy. Roshi could literally do the same destruction he does with MP kamehameha with a MP punch or close to it but it's much easier to hit anything with a Kamehameha.

The instances where this has a massive ramification on its power, though, are cases where it (and other such energy attacks) are charged for an incredibly long time, such as the Special Beam Cannon against Raditz and Vegeta's Final Flash against Cell

Otherwise, the disparity in power is not exactly super noteworthy, especially not such that it should be considered a different tier of power on profiles

Said that some messages before. Still doesn't change much and no clue what's the point of bringing it up. A punch would be even better normally but it would be idiotic. Still doesn't change that the fuel is ki of which as stated by Korin goku has more than 21st Roshi and is comparable to 22st Roshi due to him training.
Roshi's kamehameha is Roshi's max power focused on a single spot.

Goku increased his Power Level by over twofold in the span of a single panel.
Which did jackshit. Also as I said before it's not like his total power increased or anything but rather he uped the expenditure. Kaioken ups the power and let's someone use something beyond what they possibly can and that's why it's a big deal. Attacks just use ki like Roshi's kamehameha and Tien's Kikoho.

Which did jackshit. Also as I said before it's not like his total power increased or anything but rather he uped the expenditure. Kaioken ups the power and let's someone use something beyond what they possibly can and that's why it's a big deal. Attacks just use ki like Roshi's kamehameha and Tien's Kikoho.
You think these characters are just throwing away all of their Ki in speical moves... without gaining a power increase?

What are you even trying to argue? That his MAX Power Kamehameha scales to his normal stats?

Yeah, that would be insane because we don't even accept that on the profile currently. Roshi's normal stats in the 21st Budokai are Building level.

Context?

Also you and I both know we don't really use power level scaling in that way, otherwise a power level of 1 would still be well into Tier 6

That supports Null's point even more.

The Power Level increase may only be doubled, but the AP would be exponentially higher than a non-Kamehameha attack.

Yeah, that would be insane because we don't even accept that on the profile currently. Roshi's normal stats in the 21st Budokai are Building level.
You're acting as though MAX Power Roshi is still 8-C and only his Kamehameha is 5-C, which is not what we accept

You think these characters are just throwing away all of their Ki in speical moves... without gaining a power increase?

Them throwing all their ki is the power increase...
Because he can't really use them without resorting to his buff Form. Goku and Tien have no such problems and are higher than the highest point of that Roshi as he is able to keep up After training and thus they should scale.

Context?

Also you and I both know we don't really use power level scaling in that way, otherwise a power level of 1 would still be well into Tier 6
Probably referring to the raditz fight. Still now idea what difference it makes. Ki attacks just expend more ki to have more power. That ki can also cloak hands like Goku not being cut by Trunks or Nappa cutting Tien's hand.

It doesn't. It means, in the words of TFS Vegeta, "power levels are bullshit!"
Basically that. They are only good for a general feel between similar levels such as Frieza and Goku. Fact that Goku had like 30 mil more but didn't fodderize Frieza means PL are weird and only good for a general idea of were some characters stand in comparison to others.

Wasnt it only like a 20% difference?
It was claimed that they were exponential due to Farmer with Shotgun. But they don't behave either as exponential or as linear thus making comparisons beyond very basic stuff useless. So you can use stuff like Tien and Goku had higher power than Roshi and thus surpass him but you don't know by how much and also it would be wrong to say that any of the three scale to 1/10 raditz.

It was claimed that they were exponential due to Farmer with Shotgun. But they don't behave either as exponential or as linear thus making comparisons beyond very basic stuff useless. So you can use stuff like Tien and Goku had higher power than Roshi and thus surpass him but you don't know by how much and also it would be wrong to say that any of the three scale to 1/10 raditz.
But as I recall, the KK and Ssj PLs were pretty linear in the freiza fight

I wish I could read that.

Let me predict the future with my observation Haki. Once Tien and co are downgraded, King Piccolo and co will be as well in another thread because jumping from large building level to Moon level is an outlier.

Let me predict the future with my observation Haki. Once Tien and co are downgraded, King Piccolo and co will be as well in another thread because jumping from large building level to Moon level is an outlier.
Really don't care anymore. I have argued for a whole day in the thread. If any db fan doesn't want that they should go debate it. I'm tired of this and won't reply for probably the rest of the day. If a decision still hasn't been reached I will maybe try but I don't have anything more to say.

Back