• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Door_vs_Humans.gif

Door-sama.png

No clue, honestly. It seems like a very open and shut case, but it is what it is.
Like there is a statement right there...from Korin....Is korin also excluding Max Power Roshi? Why is Max Power even a big deal? It's literally his max power. That's what everyone compares their max power. If there is something different it's stated like with frieza or Zarbon.

Like there is a statement right there...from Korin....Is korin also excluding Max Power Roshi? Why is Max Power even a big deal? It's literally his max power. That's what everyone compares their max power. If there is something different it's stated like with frieza or Zarbon.
i think you are not understanding the point, Damage is arguing that roshi is only moon level with his max power kamehameha, which is am amp in AP, you should discuss that instead of the form itself in the thread

Doesn't change anything
Clover does that help anything? https://www.kanzenshuu.com/battle-power/databook/

Kame-Sen’nin (Jackie Chun): 139
He powered up with training that he kept secret from his pupils. He did his best to build a bridge to the new era.
This is taken from Kame-Sen’nin’s battle power when Bulma measures him with her converted scouter. It is worth pointing out that this is specifically supposed to be his battle power after he got stronger training for the 22nd Tenka’ichi Budōkai, meaning it would be lower during his first appearance in the series, and his fight with Goku at the 21st Tenka’ichi Budōkai.

Tsuru-Sen’nin: 120
He’s the man who had previously held a competitive rivalry with Kame-Sen’nin. However, it seems that in actual ability, Kame-Sen’nin has a slight lead on him.
This is another battle power that was originally printed in Weekly Jump. It most likely stems from the fact that when fighting Jackie Chun, Tenshinhan says that Chun is even stronger than Tsuru-Sen’nin.

Kame-Sen’nin (Muten Rōshi): 180
The picture would seem to indicate that this is from his stand against Demon King Piccolo. Daizenshuu 7 lists Kame-Sen’nin as being at 139 during the 22nd Tenka’ichi Budōkai. The text says that “he fires the original Kamehameha“, so perhaps this is supposed to be his Kamehameha‘s power, or to indicate that he was stronger during his fight with the demon king than he was at the tournament?

I think these make it even clearer?

And as we just said, the Kamehameha is being used in his Max Form BECAUSE his normal body can't handle his OWN output. Again, it is NOT an increase. The Max Power Kamehameha is INSTEAD merely the full and complete demonstration of Master Roshi's capabilities.
the kamehamehas in general is an amp

It's not an amp. Kaioken is an amp. Original Kamehameha is just Roshi putting his full power in one attack...
kamehamehas ups PL as shown in the raditz fight

Doesn't change anything
maybe so, but you guys should be arguing for that instead of just the max power form

Soooooo, MAX Power Kamehameha > MAX Power Roshi > "I'm only strong when I feel like it" Roshi.
Max Power is a state Roshi uses to fire his Kamehameha at full power. That's it. Not full power Roshi is just that not Roshi at his Best same as every other character. When Roshi compares himself to people he compares them to his power. No idea what's so hard to understand. Roshi is always comparing people to his Best unless stating otherwise. Goku After Kirin surpassed Roshi totally and thus scales at minimum to his Most powerful Attack and Roshi had to train to not get passed by which ended up Happening anyways.

MAX Power is... his max... power...
Resurrection 'F', anybody?
Still can't understand what you are trying to imply. MP Kamehameha is no difference than special beam cannon or kikoho. They are the same shit. Just because Roshi is past his prime he needs the buff State to even use it. Regular fighters don't. Rof and ToP did make it a more whole State but the point still stands that it's nothing special beyond a Clutch to let him use his Power the same Way everyone does same as Frieza in his 100% State did.

And well...

MAX Power is literally just Roshi using his full power
Clover am I totally crazy or is Roshi the only single character in Db there is a conversation about that him comparing people is never to his max power meanwhile to everyone else that's the standard? Roshi has no special ability. He doesn't even have a form or Kaioken. It's illogical to not compare Others to his max power otherwise what are you even comparing them to? What is he even comparing them to? And why would he need to train to catch up?

Clover am I totally crazy or is Roshi the only single character in Db there is a conversation about that him comparing people is never to his max power meanwhile to everyone else that's the standard? Roshi has no special ability. He doesn't even have a form or Kaioken.
I think it has to do with how his MAX Power state is technically a "form", even though it's literally just him using his full power

I think it has to do with how his MAX Power state is technically a "form", even though it's literally just him using his full power
I think it's even a State because he is too old to handle his ki without buffing his muscled to handle it. In the past he could probably use it normally. However this still doesn't Change the fact that his full power is the metric by which he compares himself to others. He didn't think Goku surpassed an insignificant part of him but Rather all of him. The same Korin thinks even going as far as saying far surpasses him. Everyone in verse treats Roshi as not having a Special form because he doesn't and they Just compare Goku's ki to his ki and Goku's is higher. Thus he can do the same Kamehameha as Roshi and an even stronger one. Let alone Tien whose kikoho should probably upscaled to Roshi.

Not sure why you people are arguing about a CRT in the general thread.

Back