• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Random post

Lets ignor Grand Priest hax for a second ... dude is so ******* old, the only ones I can think of right now who can match Grand Priest fighting experience are fighters from some untranslated russian novels.

He has probably forgotten more about fighting than Goku, Mori, Whis, Yujiro, Ippo , Garou, Kenichi, Kenshiro, Grayson and bunch of others fighters combined have ever known.

Goku could maybe reach Grand Priests power but I doubt he will ever surpass Grand Priest raw skill level and UI level. Garou, Granolah, and 2-3 other non popular fighters, are one of the most talented fighters ive ever seen and ihmo even they wouldnt be able to surpass the Grand Priest.

I still hate Toyo for the Jiren vs Roshis pseudo UI but the Grand Priest thingy would legit be one of the biggest ass pulls ever.

Being old ≠ Greater skill

Garou is younger than Bang, yet he has greater skills. Goku is younger than many fighters in the first tenkaichi budokais, yet is far more skilled than many of them.

Being old ≠ Greater skill

Garou is younger than Bang, yet he has greater skills. Goku is younger than many fighters in the first tenkaichi budokais, yet is far more skilled than many of them.

Bro less cuba shit and more reality.

Imagin comparing someone whos at least as talented as Goku on top of that hundred millions or even billion years of age to shiti bang or random tournament fighters.

Wtf is this shit 🤣

I mean, Roshi has been training for more than 50 years to master a technique Goku mastered in seconds. GoDs have been training for hundreds of millions of years, yet Ultra Instinct still is a technique that none of them could master at the level Goku has.

Comparing years of training is meaningless. What you should compare are the techniques they've shown. I've read many mangas where a character trained for hundreds of years his technique, yet his level of skill does not even compare to characters in other series who have been training for less than a decade.

I mean, Roshi has been training for more than 50 years to master a technique Goku mastered in seconds. GoDs have been training for hundreds of millions of years, yet Ultra Instinct still is a technique that none of them could master at the level Goku has.

Comparing years of training is meaningless. What you should compare are the techniques they've shown. I've read many mangas where a character trained for hundreds of years his technique, yet his level of skill does not even compare to characters in other series who have been training for less than a decade.

i will keep it short:

im familiar with most martial arts works so i get your point when it comes to that and thats why context is important.

We are not talking about a human with 500 or even 1000 years of experience here. I wouldnt even be suprised if the Grand Priest is just as old as the ******* multiverse, so lets just lowball it to 500 million years. He isnt your typical "he has trained for a shitload of time" type of fighter, he doesnt need any sleep nor food, he achieved Ultra Instinct- the "pinnacle of martial arts" and is the highest level user of said technique which means he got some talent. No idea how talented he his but when you look at GPs students, he doesnt fall back that much talent wise and im pretty sure he got a crazy good work ethic.

Combine all of that and I fail too see how Goku could reach or even surpass the raw skills and the level of UI of GP without the biggest ass pull in the history of ficiton?!

Beerus is another good example why being that old isnt always an advanatge. All he does is eat, sleep and sleep. Im pretty sure he was a hard working cat at the very beginning, you dont master Hakai and defensive part of UI without hard work and talent.

Maybe Goku does the Kenshiro thing, where it doesnt really matter if you have trained for 1 billion years ... it was Kenshiros destiny to become the greatest hokuto fighter. Maybe its Gokus destiny to become the greatest fighter in dragonball? It would still be cringe since Goku has to focus on power AND skill.

Btw. Yep, the technique of Master Roshi is a good feat for multiple reasons but the biggest is we know how many years it takes for said technique. When it comes to many other ficitonal works, we have no idea how difficulty it is to master them.

Another btw: I wanna see more of the Grand Priest. Imagin different type of immortalities, crazy hax he has displayed and on top of that cheat code Ultra Instinct. He has displayed shit and is still so busted lmao!!!

Let the Grand Priest bang...

FarInfantileGoosefish-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
I might be misremembering, but I think someone posted a comment with info and scans that supports the idea that jump from SSJ2 to SSJ3 is bigger than the jump from SSJ1 to SSJ2. If it could be found, would that be enough evidence to support SSJ3 being over 20x SSJ2 or nah?

I might be misremembering, but I think someone posted a comment with info and scans that supports the idea that jump from SSJ2 to SSJ3 is bigger than the jump from SSJ1 to SSJ2. If it could be found, would that be enough evidence to support SSJ3 being over 20x SSJ2 or nah?
0280-003.png
0029-032.png

Babidi or Zen-Oh? Take your pick.
Although, I don't believe Babidi can sense Ki; hence why he uses Energy Meters.

Yeah, we can just keep that stuff in our back pocket and focus on other stuff, let things cool off. It took years for us to get to 2C, and we still have to deal with some lingering deniers, tier 1 is too big a jump. Focus on updating speed ratings and the like.

Maybe. I don't know how important it'd be to the original series, though.
Well, it would buff up the Majin Buu Saga greatly if the multiplier was accepted (like buffing up Majin Buu and Kid Buu, and you can scale SSJ3 Gotenks to 400x (20x for SSJ2 and another 20x for SSJ3) above SSJ Gotenks instead of only 20x).

I want more wild batshit martial arts feats in Dragon Ball. Like outlandish shit that puts them in equal footing with comics capeshit

Im not sure what you mean by that but base Goku got the feats to hang with comic guys ... unless you mean under a specific rule set.

To give you an idea where base Goku is- and im ignoring Ultra instinct, its a cheat code- , he gives Garou a hard fight and the main reasons why he would lose are a) Gokus character b) he lacks techniques that ignor durability and while he could buy more than enough time thanks to Gokus crazy defense, he wont survive long enough due Garous radiation.

And lemme tell you one thing, Garou is much better equiped when it comes to pure H2h and dudes martial arts are more hax than the likes of popular fighters like Mori, Yujiro and some other guys.

You guys shouldnt forget that Goku is a Saiyan, they are natural born warriors and the techniques of many other verses wouldnt really fit Gokus fighting style.
As much as you guys hate Toyo, he still gave as some crazy feats like Roshis pseudo UI and that shit was the defintion of cringe level 9000000, Gokus crazy precog and Dude can move his body using the smallest amount of movement to not be hit in vital areas. That was against Granolah, one of the deadliest pressure point fighters ive seen, be it from close range or distance.

Or did you mean a fight were no magic is allowed? No chance. Comic guys have always been the top dogs under every rule set. From the popular guys in the planet - universal range, Garou and Goku are the only ones who wouldnt look like trash under a no magic fight.

Btw. Manga and webtoon fans downplay Goku a lot but i would stay away from comic guys: dudes take everything away from Goku and want him to be naked, lmao.

random post

I think i know why theres no DBS anime. Not sure if you guys relaized it but the guys behind Dragonball dont do things correctly like they release movies randomly and bunch of other stuff.

Long story short: The last two movies made me realize how much potential Dragonball has.

Virgin Broly movie had great visuals, shit story and amazing promo but somehow these mofos limited its release for some reason. Funnily enough, it still made shit ton of money.

The Super Hero movie was a big big risk and thats why it got ZERO promo. It lacked the main stars, CGI animation aint really a thing in most countries and Mr. Akira Toriyama was the only one who was really pushing for the movie. And guess what? It generated a **** ton of money and no one expected it.

I will keep it short:

So why dont they do the things correctly? I have no ******* idea.

Why no DBS anime? One piece. Dragonball doesnt really need the anime nor movies to generated a lot of money. They will feed us with a few episodes but the real come back is maybe when One Piece is very close to end or once its over ... well ... thats what i would do :cool::ROFLMAO:

random post

I think i know why theres no DBS anime. Not sure if you guys relaized it but the guys behind Dragonball dont do things correctly like they release movies randomly and bunch of other stuff.

Long story short: The last two movies made me realize how much potential Dragonball has.

Virgin Broly movie had great visuals, shit story and amazing promo but somehow these mofos limited its release for some reason. Funnily enough, it still made shit ton of money.

The Super Hero movie was a big big risk and thats why it got ZERO promo. It lacked the main stars, CGI animation aint really a thing in most countries and Mr. Akira Toriyama was the only one who was really pushing for the movie. And guess what? It generated a **** ton of money and no one expected it.

I will keep it short:

So why dont they do the things correctly? I have no ******* idea.

Why no DBS anime? One piece. Dragonball doesnt really need the anime nor movies to generated a lot of money. They will feed us with a few episodes but the real come back is maybe when One Piece is very close to end or once its over ... well ... thats what i would do :cool::ROFLMAO:
Nah DBS Broly slapped.

I think i know why theres no DBS anime.
Because, in order to produce a new anime, Toei Animation'd either have to negotiate the rights to adapt the Dragon Ball Super manga into an anime or write their own story without a preexisting source material, like with GT, considering Toriyama's outline appeared to conclude with the Tournament of Power.
But how did Zeno react to SSJ3?
0029-033.png

Because, in order to produce a new anime, Toei Animation'd either have to negotiate the rights to adapt the Dragon Ball Super manga into an anime or write their own story without a preexisting source material, like with GT, considering Toriyama's outline appeared to conclude with the Tournament of Power.

0029-033.png
Can't wait for this anime ^-^

My God, the Ssj3 is very beautiful, the best canon transformation that I like the most.

0029-033.png
I've heard it's mostly down to Shuashia that Toei would have to deal with for a new anime. There isn't much but heresay these days though.

Aye ... do you guys think Akira Toriyamas statement "next movie wont have a battle on a universal scale" help when it come to the size of the gogeta vs broly dimension?

There are two ways to interpret this statement but im pretty sure it was authors intent ... so a "maybe" universal sized dimension should be fair?!

Aye ... do you guys think Akira Toriyamas statement "next movie wont have a battle on a universal scale" help when it come to the size of the gogeta vs broly dimension?

There are two ways to interpret this statement but im pretty sure it was authors intent ... so a "maybe" universal sized dimension should be fair?!
I think so, I'll make a topic about it later today.

Nah, to get in the dimension they distorted the universe

Back