• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

people like to use TOP to debunk any infinite or immeasurable speed feats
I think in the TOP, Grand Priest never mentions like (UIO beating Kefla took about a few minutes) instead Grand Priest just informs entrants that time has passed / time remaining from Tournament. Even when he says that or the narrator says that in the frame the characters are not fighting continuously but they are also resting and some are even having fun/spending time like Goku. We're never even shown or told how UIO beat Kefla in a fraction of a minute.

I think in the TOP, Grand Priest never mentions like (UIO beating Kefla took about a few minutes) instead Grand Priest just informs entrants that time has passed / time remaining from Tournament. Even when he says that or the narrator says that in the frame the characters are not fighting continuously but they are also resting and some are even having fun/spending time like Goku. We're never even shown or told how UIO beat Kefla in a fraction of a minute.
I mean you'll have count (gifs and recordings, also double check translations, I also bet someone will even try to use the manga as counter argument even though it's completely different lol) and check every episode from beginning to the end of the tournament power to make any counter argument regarding that undeniable. (But I guess it would be worth it if we can kill of that counter argument)

This my friend literally watched through a shit ton of episodes and there’s never a time that there’s a time period given for a fight and each episode also always has some moment to rest. This isn’t even accounting for some episodes where we genuinely don’t get told how much time passed during that episode when it’s a continuation of a fight like for the jiren and goku battle that i rewatched to see.

Most of the people who think T.o.P is a contradiction either never watched DBS or weren’t paying attention during the episodes

Tbf, the inconsistent is normal, author never define speed like us, they could well make some instance of infinite, immeasurable speed then contradict it later, because those thing are just the term made by us power scalers. Want consistency???, read verse that made by peoples who are aware of power scaling
And then ironically, the series made by power scalers end up being the least engaging stories, at least to me

I think the time argument in the TOP make sense, if the author truly depicted these characters at this speed, the TOP would have quite literally been over in an instance.
Or people like Hit would be capable of utilizing the TS without the time skip. It’s all weird.

I think the time argument in the TOP make sense, if the author truly depicted these characters at this speed, the TOP would have quite literally been over in an instance.
Or people like Hit would be capable of utilizing the TS without the time skip. It’s all weird.
I don't think its that, the TOP required to have a time limit to increase the tension of the tournament, I don't think that is a good argument.

There are multiple ways to increase tension without contradicting a supposed established speed. The fact TOP is a contradiction isn't sugar coated by writing limitations.

Last edited:
I'd personally handwave the ToP's time limit thing as a whole case of Plot-Induced Stupidity tbh. Regardless of if the speed is MFTL+ or Immeasurable, it wouldn't fit into that 48-minute time limit.
This could fix everything, easily could be P.I.S, and then we could give immeasurable to u6 arc high tiers and beyond.

I'd personally handwave the ToP's time limit thing as a whole case of Plot-Induced Stupidity tbh. Regardless of if the speed is MFTL+ or Immeasurable, it wouldn't fit into that 48-minute time limit.
From what I heard for Immeasurable, such things do matter, but for MFTL+ and below it doesn't.

Now I'm neither here nor there on the Immeasurable speed topic, but the thing is that the Tournament of Power's 48 time limit is... hilariously bad. Like, with the kinds of speeds DBS is at, the tournament would be over in less than 1

Yeah, with the time limit, the fight would still over less than 1 minute, even at high-end FTL speed, let alone infinite and immeasurable speed

Also, are we really forget that fighters also rest, talking, and do staring contest in-between the fight. We have staring contest between Goku and Kefla, U7 and U11 at the last period of the tournament, Goku resting two or three time to recover his stamina, some others making pose scene, etc....all of those thing could we add up to 48 minute, unless you claim they also talking, making pose at infinite, immeasurable speed

Of course, time in anime is often inconsistent. You can claim P.I.S to MFTL+ or any finite speed if you want since this inconsistency is well established in this form of media, but you can't when it comes to infinite or immeasurable speed.
Time periods are inconsistent with finites speeds (which are still bound by time), but they outright debunk or refute the very concept of non-finite speeds (as they transcend linear time). It's two weighs, two measurements, you can't compare the two.

It's super funny for us to draw arbitrary lines on what and what can't be excused by PIS because 'muh no wank' when I don't think the writers even know what infinite or immeasurable speed is to begin with.

I just imagine one of us explaining this to one of the writers and they just staring at us like 👁 👁

It's super funny for us to draw arbitray lines on what and what can't be excused by PIS because 'muh wank' when I don't think the writers even know what infinite or immeasurable speed is to begin with.

I just imagine one of us explaining this to one of the writers and they just staring at us like 👁 👁
facts, like we had an immeasurable speed feat legit, but toriyama doesn't know what that is.

facts, like we had an immeasurable speed feat legit, but toriyama doesn't know what that is.
He doesn't even treat it as such, dodging Hit attack in base form (Goku), but then Hit improved its time and suddenly even blue isn't enough to dodge, even though whether dodging the unimproved or improved version should be the same

He doesn't even treat it as such, dodging Hit attack in base form (Goku), but then Hit improved its time and suddenly even blue isn't enough to dodge, even though whether dodging the unimproved or improved version should be the same
And then hit just stopped using time skip against goku completely, implying he was fully adapted no matter how far hit pushed it. And goku's immeasurable speed feat is pretty blatant if you ask me, literally catching up with hit going into the future shows goku can do that if he needs too.

See what I mean? Not only are we acting like Toriyama knows what immeasurable is, we acting like that mfer wrote the damn thing in the first place. Bro's napkin note for the U6 arc was probably 'uhh they beat hits time skip' and then nothing else

See what I mean? Not only are we acting like Toriyama knows what immeasurable is, we acting like that mfer wrote the damn thing in the first place. Bro's napkin note for the U6 arc was probably 'uhh they beat hits time skip' and then nothing else
Right, toriyama literally gives toei a general idea, and the toei executes it with their own ideas. It was probably toriyama's idea to add the time limit.

I asked Toriyama if goku is immeasurable or not and he shouted something Japanese at me which I think was how did you get in here and get out of my house

He didn't dodge any, Hit attacks always connected, just avoid the vital parts because no killing rule. And Goku predict Hit attacks to react before hand, both Goku and Hit said that multiple times, later when Hit lengthened his timeskip duration Goku can't predict to counter anymore and Goku resort to Kaioken

He didn't dodge any, Hit attacks always connected, just avoid the vital parts because no killing rule. And Goku predict Hit attacks to react before hand, both Goku and Hit said that multiple times, later when Hit lengthened his timeskip duration Goku can't predict to counter anymore and Goku resort to Kaioken
exactly, that is when goku traveled into the future to catch hit

Back