• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

considering that zamasu has Mid-Godly, doesn't the hakai already has it? because if not it would be Low Godly regen
It is but i remember in the crt a staff argued that Zamasu having mid godly regen could just be wrong but tbh it’s kinda the op’s fault for not putting any scans even tho it’s already accepted but if the op put the accepted scans it probably woulda went through

It is but i remember in the crt a staff argued that Zamasu having mid godly regen could just be wrong but tbh it’s kinda the op’s fault for not putting any scans even tho it’s already accepted but if the op put the accepted scans it probably woulda went through
........so it is indeed wrong and should be low godly then?

because the thread where it was accepted with said scans was literally linked lol
dunno dude, can't see any scans for "mind destruction" in the descriptions of the hakai or the mid godly descriptions

the person who made the crt put 0 scans so damage just came up with the conclusion that it could probably just have gotten wrongfully accepted
this honestly doesn't answer my concern

Ki just is people's life energy, a concept is the idea of said person existing.
What’s the secret of winning in battle?

When it comes to battle, the most important thing is ki size, and its control. Of course, “ki” also includes such spiritual power as energy/vigor [genki] and bravery [yuuki], and being in one’s right mind [shouki; could also be translated as "true character"] (note 11). There’s a limit to physical strength, no matter how much you toughen it up, and the only way to overcome that it is with “ki”. I think that it was through turning ki into formidable power that Goku drew closer to being the strongest warrior in the universe.

Note 11: Genki and yuuki, shouki
The word “energy” [genki; also “health”, “vigor”, etc] is well known, but if you had an illness [byouki], would you not have energy? That’s difficult to answer. There are some people who have a healthy body but no energy, but there are also some people who are full of energy even when ill. What’s more, even with people who have about the same amount of power, there are some who, when attacked by Piccolo Daimao for instance, will stand firm and tough it out, while others will run away trembling in fear. If you think this way, you might understand how different kinds of “ki” are very important in battle. In the world of Chinese kenpo disciplines such as Tai Chi, much importance is placed on the training and control of ki.

Although in “DragonBall” the wizard Babidi had invented machines that measured and extracted “ki”, modern science is unable to measure “ki” or store it anywhere. However, there are times when people support you, and give you energy [genki] and courage [yuuki]. Though it can’t be seen, what is present then is “ki”.

Akira Toriyama SEG interview

Mind, Health, Courage, Vigor/Energy, Power, Spirit, Character and Bravery are all fundamental attributes of Ki to say its just "people's life energy" seems to cheapen what Toriyama says here. This concept of ki is even compared to Kenpo and specifically Tai Chi which is a philosophical concept.

what am I supposed to do when he don't answer, or any staff that participates in tier 1 for that matter lol
Contact other knowledgeable staff, but I technically can’t stop you. I’m just gonna be watching from afar and I probably won’t comment because ultimately I know the outcome.

...which means nothing, because no one has ever destroyed the concept of ki

Edit: Btw, I can't open most of the scans
That's not the point, KI is a concept in its own right and the basis of all the abilities and things in the verse,ki is what shapes the existence of every being, the universes themselves are made with Ki and it is existing on an abstract level as a concept

Just saiyan poisoning the well before a proper discussion has taken place isn't going to do y'all cause any favours (even tho there's plenty of truth to it and I'm speaking from experience too).

It's an endless self-defeating argument where we snipe at Wiki standards while also proving the negative rep that the DB fandom has in the Vs community to be true thus only making things worst in the long run for everyone.

It doesn't help there's already four DB related CRTs on just the 1st page on the CRT section (two of which have hundreds of replies), If you want to improve the verse's quality and rep here I suggest making a collective effort to post quality content, focus on accurate/detailed profiles above all else (canon DB getting the highest priority ofc) and try to not burn yourselves out with multiple CRTs at once.

Just saiyan poisoning the well before a proper discussion has taken place isn't going to do y'all cause any favours (even tho there's plenty of truth to it and I'm speaking from experience too).

It's an endless self-defeating argument where we snipe at Wiki standards while also proving the negative rep that the DB fandom has in the Vs community to be true thus only making things worst in the long run for everyone.

It doesn't help there's already four DB related CRTs on just the 1st page on the CRT section (two of which have hundreds of replies), If you want to improve the verse's quality and rep here I suggest making a collective effort to post quality content, focus on accurate/detailed profiles above all else (canon DB getting the highest priority ofc) and try to not burn yourselves out with multiple CRTs at once.
is almost as if I've been saying this for a while now, yet peeps don't wanna listen

If they have ki why can't anyone feel it?
You might as well ask the same question about the Trio of Danger.

The Androids explicitly do not possess Ki, and the Spirit Bomb explicitly draws upon nondescript "energy", even from inanimate objects, which includes the sun.
That page refers to Gero and Android 19. Who lack Ki and instead absorb it from external sources, unlike 16 to 18 who have infinite energy cores. Notably, Gero and 19 are mechanical whereas 18 and 17 are cyborgs.

As for the Spirit Bomb, Toriyama states Genki is just a component of Ki and the Spirit Bomb is, well, the 'Genkidama'. With that in mind it draws specifically Genki from the universe to fuel itself, and as King Kai explains the energy the Spirit Bomb draws, Genki, is found in even inanimate objects.

Back