• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

19 is the purely mechanical, however Doctor Gero still has his Brain.
This is true but it's difficult to understand how much the brain contributes to Ki as a whole, like does a brain alone have the Ki to be detectable? Not to mention it was inside of a glass shell which may have hidden its presence.

Anything related to Tier 1, will have to be in the admins and moderators tab, that's what one of the admins said to us, so before any upgrades to Tier 1 (think twice )

Talk about Ki, Ki is also depend on soul anyway, or else, Goku Black gonna have Goku's Ki and Beerus or Whis not gonna found out something different about him to lead to Kai Zamasu. Also isn't Akira stated Ki depend heavily depend on emotion itself?? Which is abstract in nature

Talk about Ki, Ki is also depend on soul anyway, or else, Goku Black gonna have Goku's Ki and Beerus or Whis not gonna found out something different about him to lead to Kai Zamasu. Also isn't Akira stated Ki depend heavily depend on emotion itself?? Which is abstract in nature
Akira stated there was 3 parts of Ki apparently he said Yuki deals with your courage/emotions so there’s physical and emotional components of Ki though I don’t see what this would do ability wise

I don’t think SSG is a consistent multiplier to be used for scaling either because it’s explicitly stated Goku absorbed the power of the form into his base and his SS1 form vs Bills was described as having the lingering flame of SSG burning inside him, so Goku is 24/7 operating with a portion of SSG activated as opposed to him having grown to that level naturally.

Fusion used for scaling is faulty imo because the only consistent thing is that base > peak power of individual fighters, the whole A*B is stated only in guides, whereas when SSG faces off against a potara fighter Vados states that their actual amp is a function of A+B x 10s of times, meaning SSG got outmatched by a fighter that was only between 20,000x to at most 90,000x times higher than his base as both girls at their individual peaks were still within SS2/3 Gokus realm of power although I would say this is due to fatigue SSG should still be = 20,000x - 90,000x as Goku SSB matched Keflas initial Super Saiyan state.

TL;DR only initial SSG is greater than Potara*SS3, subsequent transformations are weaker due to a portion of SSGs strength itself being a passive powerup.

Genki follows its own scaling rules, were it dependent on normal ki/ battle powee Goku would have had more than enough energy to Kill Kid Buu with just Gohans contribution to it

Unless Kid Buu>>> Ultimate Gohan in the manga is also a thing.

Same case for Future trunks, no ******* way a few dozen normal people can contribute enough power for him to tip the scales against a Fused character.

Also same for GT if you pay attention, Gokus genkidama with only earths population contributing to it could reverse Omegas Corrosion instantly whereas earlier Gogeta needed to convert Omegas full power Karma Ball into positive energy to do the same, going as far as deliberately stalling him so he could do that.

The only consistency that can be drawn from that is that Genkidama > All of Gokus other techniques at the time.

Last edited:
I don’t think SSG is a consistent multiplier to be used for scaling either because it’s explicitly stated Goku absorbed the power of the form into his base and his SS1 form vs Bills was described as having the lingering flame of SSG burning inside him, so Goku is 24/7 operating with a portion of SSG activated as opposed to him having grown to that level naturally.

Fusion used for scaling is faulty imo because the only consistent thing is that base > peak power of individual fighters, the whole A*B is stated only in guides, whereas when SSG faces off against a potara fighter Vados states that their actual amp is a function of A+B x 10s of times, meaning SSG got outmatched by a fighter that was only between 20,000x to at most 90,000x times higher than his base as both girls at their individual peaks were still within SS2/3 Gokus realm of power although I would say this is due to fatigue SSG should still be = 20,000x - 90,000x as Goku SSB matched Keflas initial Super Saiyan state.

TL;DR only initial SSG is greater than Potara*SS3, subsequent transformations are weaker due to a portion of SSGs strength itself being a passive powerup.
It’s being used as a lowball multiplier similar to SSJB being 50x above SSJG

A character appearing to have increased their power by more than tens of time doesn’t mean that that’s the formula of the fusion

That just means Pre Ritual Goku x Pre ritual vegeta = multiplier less than ssjg
and Kale x Caulifla = Multiplier above SSJG
I don’t see anything contradictory considering goku kinda absorbed the multiplier into base too

The Trio of Danger explicitly have Ki.
The Androids explicitly do not.
That's Goku stating he can't sense the Ki of the androids. That doesn't mean they don't have Ki at all. The only instance you've brought up where a character states they lack Ki is in regards to full-on mechanical androids who absorb Ki to power themselves, not 17, 18 or 16 who are powered with an infinite energy core.

Water is a component of soda, but I can drink water without having to drink soda.
I don't even know what you are trying to say here. Androids use energy to fight. 17 and 18 have infinite energy cores, 19 and Gero lack energy and instead absorb it. They aren't detectable because their energy doesn't leak out. This is evident in Goku being able to sense the energy of inanimate objects but not the androids.
"genki" means "energy"
it is an "energy sphere"
And King Kai states that the Spirit Bomb can draw in energy from everything in the universe. Meaning even inanimate objects have energy. Genki is a component of Ki.

Put another way, what do you think Androids are using to fire ki blasts?

That's Goku stating he can't sense the Ki of the androids. That doesn't mean they don't have Ki at all. The only instance you've brought up where a character states they lack Ki is in regards to full-on mechanical androids who absorb Ki to power themselves, not 17, 18 or 16 who are powered with an infinite energy core.
0056-041.png

i tried to make the image even larger i really tried

No seriously was it ever said how base Goku got stronger then base Vegeta in the beginning of Buu saga? cause they both trained yet Goku was stronger then Vegeta

No seriously was it ever said how base Goku got stronger then base Vegeta in the beginning of Buu saga? cause they both trained yet Goku was stronger then Vegeta
Two things

1. Goku was already miles ahead of Vegeta in the Cell Saga.

2. That Otherworld training be some serious stuff, and plus without the limitations of a living body Goku was able to achieve things like SSJ3

The usage of "Genki" in Genkidama isn't supposed to be taken so literally to the point of distinguishing it as it's own kind of energy, the alternate term's just used here and there either to give the technique it's own name instead of generically calling it Ki Sphere. It has numerous statements of the energy it draws on being just Ki.

It will be hilarious as **** if one day Dragon Ball gets a legit tier 1 feat and then all the sudden everyone who dedicated themselves to keep Dragon Ball from reaching tier 1 are basically out of a job.
I think a good amount of people say Xeno Goku is Low 1-C to Boundless

Back