• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I find it funny that it's canonical Freeza knew nearly all of this when he sat on his ass his entire life. He only lacks Teleportation and Sealing but has superior Kienzan (via RoF feats) and Death Psycho Bomb.

Actually, why doesn't Freeza have dura neg via Death Psycho Bomb? He puts a bit of Ki into his target then implodes them. Does that not count?
do we have information that he makes people explode from the inside out?

Well then, I'm not doing it but I'd definitely toss in an agree when (if) someone makes a revision for it. It should be a thread focused primarily on:
  • Vegeta's Dirty Fireworks
  • Freeza's Death Psycho Bomb
  • Gogeta's Meteor Explosion
Since they are all implosion techniques that are canon to anime, manga and games alike. DPB and ME specifically are injected via Ki and Dirty Fireworks could be Telekinesis or Ki injection.

Well then, I'm not doing it but I'd definitely toss in an agree when (if) someone makes a revision for it. It should be a thread focused primarily on:
Since they are all implosion techniques that are canon to anime, manga and games alike. DPB and ME specifically are injected via Ki and Dirty Fireworks could be Telekinesis or Ki injection.
Maybe Toei Goku did something similar to Broly too? As he released his punch Broly seemed to explode from the energy that might as well have been generated from Goku's punch.
I found that too in a game.

Oh also, I have another thought on Freeza hax. Freeza has Telekinesis but Death Psycho Bomb is used by shooting Ki at a person and then controlling their body. You can see a sparkle on Krillin's chest as Freeza controls his body
do we still see a spark in the manga?

it is not canon anymore, the anime version substituted it

do we still see a spark in the manga?
It doesn't seem like it.
it is not canon anymore, the anime version substituted it
The manga uses the Resurrection of F movie, meaning RoF events apply to the manga. So even if the manga version of Death Psycho Bomb doesn't clearly show Freeza shoot Ki into Krillin, he does still have some form of Body Puppetry via him controlling Tagoma in RoF. Notably, a promo manga Toyotaro made for RoF shows Freeza shoot Tagoma with a beam that injects him with Ki that lets Freeza control his body.

To clarify the way things are treated (last I checked) is:

Anime
Original Manga -> BoG (Anime adaptation) > RoF (Anime adaptation) -> U6 -> Black -> USS -> DBS:B -> DBS:SH

Manga
Original Manga -> BoG (Manga adaptation) -> RoF (Movie) -> U6 -> Black -> USS -> DBS:B -> Moro -> Granolah -> Super Hero (Manga adaptation)

So Body Puppetry should hold. Freeza exploding Krillin should still count as Dura Neg but doesn't show clear Ki injection like the Toei anime.

Bros Goku will never get a bigger or in this case a higher D - that shit req at least 2 brain cells

The amount of mental gymnastics when it came to upgrading Goku to universal, Broly to multi galaxy etc ... that was like 1 brain cell max

Upgrading Naruto to multiversal is is much more likely than Gokus higher D

No idea what happened the last few months but from what ive seen they changed the lifting standard when it comes to imma cuz DB qualified for it?

Lifting strength is such a worthless shit, there are only 1-2 cases where its really relevant and they wanna change the standards.

Now imagin what would happen once DB fits the higher D criteria 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Higher D will never happen ma bois ... just deal with it :cry:😭😭😭:cry:😭😭

I'm fairly certain Goku should be capable of implosion attacks as well (or maybe a non contact attack would be a better term in his case), because of when he blows up the ground a few meters away by just glaring at it

This Guide state that gt goku went to a higher plane of existence

This plane of existence is the afterlife or an unknown dimension?

I don't know, but ...

In a story-focused Q&A session in 2005’s Dragon Ball GT Dragon Box DVD release, script writer Atsushi Maekwawa explicitly details their intent to keep things vague, while offering some personal thoughts and commentary of his own:
To be honest, in GT episode 63, just before the final episode, a big change comes over Goku. Those who watched carefully might have noticed, but… In that episode, Goku, who takes Yi Xing Long‘s attack, sinks to the bottom of a deep hole. That is the turning point. Afterward, Goku still continues the battle, but what’s different from before is that he’s cloaked in an aura that won’t let any attack near him.

It might be that he died there, or it might be that he became something else entirely. I’ll leave that decision to the imaginations of everyone who watched. However, the Goku up to that point that everyone knows clearly does not appear after that.

In the world of Dragon Ball, Goku had already died multiple times, and up till then, each time he appeared with a halo over his head. However, I didn’t want to go with the usual concept of, “even when he dies, he comes right back to life”. I wanted the viewers to picture “death” in that way, and feel a sadness close to it in reality. So I had a “change” come over Goku.

And then after that, once he defeats Yi Xing Long and grants the final wish, Goku goes right off with Shenlong and the Dragon Balls, to somewhere that people definitely can’t get to. While wishing that people will be able to get by on their own strength in a world without the Dragon Balls. And Vegeta is the only one who notices where he’s headed.

Except, I personally go ahead and imagine… that Goku might unexpectedly show up, just at Chi-Chi’s, from time to time. Yes, unexpectedly….

As one final bit of analysis, consider a bit of commentary from someone more closely associated with Son Goku than anyone else: voice actress Masako Nozawa. Within her interview in the second Dragon Ball GT Perfect File guide book, regarding the recording of the final episode, she notes:
The scene where, after Goku finishes fighting, he rides on Shenlong, and says, “Shenlong’s back sure is warm…”. That’s because riding on Shenlong means that Goku’s going to leave this world, and go to the world of the gods…. I was glad that they didn’t write it plainly that he died, though…. I feel that Goku probably went to Shenlong’s place, and is training again.

I'm fairly certain Goku should be capable of implosion attacks as well (or maybe a non contact attack would be a better term in his case), because of when he blows up the ground a few meters away by just glaring at it
Maybe kiai shout invisible? Looks like Frieza did that too which destroyed Goku's island pedestal if I'm not mistaken

then i guess that would be a "Anime continuity" only power, in the manga it looks like TK to me

The manga uses the Resurrection of F movie, meaning RoF events apply to the manga. So even if the manga version of Death Psycho Bomb doesn't clearly show Freeza shoot Ki into Krillin, he does still have some form of Body Puppetry via him controlling Tagoma in RoF. Notably, a promo manga Toyotaro made for RoF shows Freeza shoot Tagoma with a beam that injects him with Ki that lets Freeza control his body.

To clarify the way things are treated (last I checked) is:

Anime
Original Manga -> BoG (Anime adaptation) > RoF (Anime adaptation) -> U6 -> Black -> USS -> DBS:B -> DBS:SH

Manga
Original Manga -> BoG (Manga adaptation) -> RoF (Movie) -> U6 -> Black -> USS -> DBS:B -> Moro -> Granolah -> Super Hero (Manga adaptation)

So Body Puppetry should hold. Freeza exploding Krillin should still count as Dura Neg but doesn't show clear Ki injection like the Toei anime.
well, i guess? but only dbs manga freeza

Can someone explain to me what "hax" Goku has? Right now it seems like all he has are raw power and transformations
-Damage Boost
-Power Mimicry
-Ki Sensing
-Pressure Point strikes
-Kiai and air attacks
-Afterimage Technique
-Analytical Prediction
-Solar Flare
-Telepathy
-Hiding his energy
-Rage Power
-Vice Shout
-God Ki cannot be sensed
-Sealing, but not well
-God Bind
-Instinctive Reaction
-Grows stronger in combat
-Zenkais
-Senzu Beans
-Spirit Bomb
-Instant Transmission
-Adaptation
-Supernatural Willpower

Manga:
-Telekinesis
-Deconstruction
-Hakai, kinda
-Healing
-Ki constructs
-Illusion creation
-BFR by throwing people into space

Anime:
-Absorbing Ki
-Heat Manip
-Regen
-Regen Negation
-Destroys Pocket Dimensions
-Ki barrier
-Powernull

Toei doesn't have stuff from Super, but has:
-Dragon Fist, Dragon Hammer, Universal Spirit Bomb
-Healing
-NPI
-Regen
-SSJ4's ability to adapt to a foe's techniques quickly

then i guess that would be a "Anime continuity" only power, in the manga it looks like TK to me

well, i guess? but only dbs manga freeza
As it is right now I think:
  • Durability Negation via Death Psycho Bomb (All continuities, Freeza implodes Krillin)
  • Body Puppetry (Toei and DBS Manga, Freeza controls Krillin's body with Ki in the Toei anime and Tagoma in the RoF movie)

No idea what happened the last few months but from what ive seen they changed the lifting standard when it comes to imma cuz DB qualified for it?

Lifting strength is such a worthless shit, there are only 1-2 cases where its really relevant and they wanna change the standards.
True, I was planning to give HDE to gt goku with this in the future.

Now imagin what would happen once DB fits the higher D criteria 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Higher D will never happen ma bois ... just deal with it :cry:😭😭😭:cry:😭😭
More like people saw clear flaws with the standards and decided to change it

I wouldn't say durability neg, it seems to me that he just tk krilling to pieces really fast
From my perspective both the anime and manga show Krillin's body explode. If Freeza is exploding Krillin from the inside then that's directly damaging his organs, which should be a form of durability negation.

Even if I concede that the manga is too vague, the anime pretty clearly shows Freeza inject Ki into Krillin and then Krillin's body explodes from within.

Back