• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Roshi did somewhat hold his own against Frost, so there's that
Somebody remind me of how DBS treats the Mafuba because Roshi was able to use it on him multiple times and Frost was shown to be terrified and visibly exhausted after it, with it being stated Roshi just 'missed' the jar.

Somebody remind me of how DBS treats the Mafuba because Roshi was able to use it on him multiple times and Frost was shown to be terrified and visibly exhausted after it, with it being stated Roshi just 'missed' the jar.
I might be wrong, but I think it might be a matter of simply whether you know the reverse mafuba or not, power doesn't seem to come into play since characters have used it (Mutaito and Roshi) against much more powerful opponents. So the only way to counter it is knowing the reverse mafuba, if not, then you get sealed.

I think a possible counter for Mafuba could be also like, when he puts you in a tornado, you say "Hey, look over there" and because of the distraction they miss the jar.

I think people need to know that just because they can “contend” with another opponent that’s strong then them, doesn’t mean they should scale (depends on the battle)

For Ex: SSJ3 Goku ga Buu (Gotenks) was contending but was getting his ass kick left and right

Who? All the characters you mentioned have Consistent 2-C feats Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin there’s no anti feats that would suggest them being tier 4

Also do you have discord? I wouldn’t mind discussing this with you but saying someone is consistently tier 4 when nothing suggests so is wrong especially trunks being tier 4
Aka bs wank scaling that disregard contexts.
I already brought up very explicit reasons as to why they don’t have legitimate scaling to Goku, Gohans example is as damning as it gets because a point is made of him getting his old power back.

Bruh future trunks? The guy that fought goku black for a year and didn't die, the same guy who forced a post u6 v u7 goku to go ssj3? The same guy who fought alongside ssjb goku and was throwing hands with zamasu, the same person who had JUST knocked down ssjb goku, stop with the BS arguments.

We don't know how weak frost was, its unquantifiable, weakened final form frost is still stronger than base goku, which is implied piccolo would have beat if not for the poison, so yes, that also means gohan scales to that piccolo, even in his base form, and ESPECIALLY his base form after unlocking his potential, these characters are fine, so there was no reason of even bringing them up in the first place.

"krillin doesn't scale tier 2 period." Is such a weak argument, this is your cope talking, not you using actual logic of feats that krillin literally has, like you can go watch him fight alongside 18 and win against an opponent that she lost against, you can watch him fight base gohan and win, you can watch him fight base goku and force him into super saiyan, he literally was able to kick back cell max, and take hits from him and be fine at the end of the movie.

Yeah and us not knowing how weakened frost was after being beat down by Goku means he has no reason to still be considered 2-C by the time he fought piccolo.

Hell the notion of him matching SS1 Gohan who couldn’t tap into Ultimate further damages the idea of him being tier 2 until the actual ToP starts.

Black didn’t even have all of Gokus powers when he took over the body and literally grows as he fights, we don’t have anything to confirm he’d be tapping into any significant amount of tier 2 power until he actually faces Goku, who also deliberately held back against him and powered him up further, all evidence points towards Trunks not scaling to 2-C until he actually unlocks SSRage.
how does Trunks escaping with his tail between his legs at every opportunity translate to legitimate scaling when even Mai and earths army have managed to do it on multiple occasions?

Krillins only ‘ reliable ‘ scaling comes from a fighter that only has an off guard attack against 18 as an argument for scaling to 2-C, and against characters who are blatantly holding back against him or have dubious 2-C scaling themselves.

I'm against scaling Krillin to 2-C, I don't think he gets this tier, but I believe Android 18 and Master Roshi can be 2-C, Master Roshi made base Goku shake his hand, Goku in his form base absorbed the Sayajin God to its base, in the manga I think master kame should receive at least 2-C durability for withstanding Jiren's punches.

Only decent hit he got against 18 was when she was distracted by Krillins Solar Flare x100 failing to take effect on him.

She didn’t even fight him and went full spectator mode leaving Krillin to take him out alone.

Is that actually a counter argument? Unless you’re asserting she was suddenly several infinities weaker than her initial level of power then thus disproves nothing imo.
She wasn’t distracted, she was shocked it didn’t work, reacts to Krillin being knocked down, attempts to block the kick and was knocked out and seemingly bruised.

This isn’t happening unless he was also 2-C.
18 had to use a combination attack with krillin to beat the other dude, can’t remember his name.

Is that actually a counter argument? Unless you’re asserting she was suddenly several infinities weaker than her initial level of power then thus disproves nothing imo.
She wasn’t distracted, she was shocked it didn’t work, reacts to Krillin being knocked down, attempts to block the kick and was knocked out and seemingly bruised.

18 had to use a combination attack with krillin to beat the other dude, can’t remember his name.
Yeah she was literally on guard, visibly guarding, she was 2-C in that moment, he should easily scale.

Krillin 2-C is not happening, distractions in super = you get wrecked by anything even infinite levels below yours, most infamous example is base 2-C Goku getting injured to a grunt laser and scratched by bullets, call it PIS but it’s not even the only instance where it’s pointed out being distracted on the battle equals injury by levels of power unfathomably below yours.

Krillin 2-C is not happening, distractions in super = you get wrecked by anything even infinite levels below yours, most infamous example is base 2-C Goku getting injured to a grunt laser and scratched by bullets, call it PIS but it’s not even the only instance where it’s pointed out being distracted on the battle equals injury by levels of power unfathomably below yours.
bro that was different, base goku didn't have his ki guard up at all, a lesson that whis told him literal hours before that happened, base goku was also rusty from not training, plus ki guard not up. Like 18 was guarding herself, ki guard up, fox man had the AP to damage 18, krillin beat him. Instead of saying "2-C krillin is not happening" how about actually refuting this blatant feats we have. This is just incredulity, you can't accept low multiversal krillin, because of how absurd it sounds, but is actually consistent, "outlier" "PIS" is such a copout it's insane, for something with solid proof on.

bro that was different, base goku didn't have his ki guard up at all, a lesson that whis told him literal hours before that happened, base goku was also rusty from not training, plus ki guard not up. Like 18 was guarding herself, ki guard up, fox man had the AP to damage 18, krillin beat him. Instead of saying "2-C krillin is not happening" how about actually refuting this blatant feats we have. This is just incredulity, you can't accept low multiversal krillin, because of how absurd it sounds, but is actually consistent, "outlier" "PIS" is such a copout it's insane, for something with solid proof on.

Goku also had time to guard himself against the bullet but not enough to increase his ki to where the bullet wouldn’t hurt him.

Same thing applies to 18 here, hell this is a no kill tourney, a rule a character tried to exploit to get 18 to lower their guard and almost ringed her out by surprising her, why wouldn’t characters holding back not be the default assumption for most encounters?

Off guards lowers the durability in dragon ball tbf

Tbf ToP Base Goku is going to be at least 1000-5000x stronger than Baseline 6 Universes 2-C. Krillin matching Base Goku at just using like 0,001% of his power would still make him 2-C.

Tbf ToP Base Goku is going to be at least 1000-5000x stronger than Baseline 6 Universes 2-C. Krillin matching Base Goku at just using like 0,001% of his power would still make him 2-C.
If i like 1% 2-C, can i still one shot people one tier below?

Tbh I feel like this is going to lead to circular scaling chains (Knowing DBS) that said there is a precedent for downscaling in the same tier, so I'm 50/50 on this.

Doesn’t make a difference, Goku can hold back to whatever tier he wants.

Ok listen here y'all based on the wiki's standards (Literally on Zeno's page) DB can achieve low 1-C for the cosmology. This would only scale to Zeno but will greatly impact DBH Characters. It is important that before any of you goons make a CRT that you double down on all the arguments that are presented and have evidence to support a hyper time.

Ok listen here y'all based on the wiki's standards (Literally on Zeno's page) DB can achieve low 1-C for the cosmology. This would only scale to Zeno but will greatly impact DBH Characters. It is important that before any of you goons make a CRT that you double down on all the arguments that are presented and have evidence to support a hyper time.
Remembering that you have to make a topic in the team members tab.

Back