• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Speedster, please please stop wasting your time with Quora and YouTube hyperversal Xeno Goku nonsense
I am inclined to vehemently agree with this statement. If you have no supportive arguments of your own for those links, you might as well not bring them up in the first place.

If only anyone bothered to make a comprehensible DBH cosmology blog
DBH and XV cosmology blog, by all mean still need to use scans, statements and elements from canon and toei continuity, they made a half of contents for DB game cosmology blog, but was shot down. So yeah no one bother to made cosmology for game continuity since it need things from canon and toei first

I'm pretty sure "cannon" dragon ball cosmology is 2-A but no one scales to it

Assuming Toriyamas statements being legit indication of larger overarching multiverse through DB media ( excluding video games)

So OG manga ( 4 timelines) + BoG (12 universes)

Supers insterpretation of 12 universes per timeline isn’t introduced in the BoG movie.

Toei anime+ Coolers revenge+GT ( 4 timelines)

Wrath of the dragon (4 timelines)

Janemba movie (4 timelines)

Broly+Second Coming+Bio Broly(4 timelines)

Bojack unbound ( 4 timelines)
Android 13 (4 timelines)

Coolers Metal Revengeance ( 1 timeline, future trunks time travel shenanigans aren’t shown to happen here and it is canonically disjointed from the toei verse unlike coolers revenge)

And so on

DBH and XV cosmology blog, by all mean still need to use scans, statements and elements from canon and toei continuity, they made a half of contents for DB game cosmology blog, but was shot down. So yeah no one bother to made cosmology for game continuity since it need things from canon and toei first
Probably should be built from the ground up, we know that for DBS there are (bare minimum) 12 + 5 timelines

So the entire Cosmology is 5 x 12 = 60 universes 2-C and that is only one of infinite amount of multiverses DBH is composed of

It would also be good if the structure of a timescroll was clearly defined, afaik one timescroll can contain the entire DBS cosmology bare mimimum

Due to DBS, each timeline contain at least up to 18 universes

And due to DBH manga big bang mission, each universe is a legit space-time continuum (big bang) with it own history, inside a larger timeline and history

And iirc, somewhere in raw DBS manga stated Zen'o place is a higher realm while 12-18 universes is lower realm but i could be wrong though

But oh well........

Aren’t they both non-canon?

I mean you could argue DBS is more of a continuation of DBZ Kai than of the original manga given it incorporates anime only stuff such as gregory.

DBS manga is so blatantly not canon to the movies since superhero shows blatant contradictions in established characterization in the manga and it’s depiction of broly doesn’t even line up properly with the movie events.

Hell I’m willing to entertain the idea of DB media multiverse toriyama alluded to in interviews is canon now because he clearly doesn’t care to create consistency between three versions of DBS.

Hell I’m willing to entertain the idea of DB media multiverse toriyama alluded to in interviews is canon now because he clearly doesn’t care to create consistency between three versions of DBS.
Toriyama describes the Z movies as different dimensions from the comic so those can probably be considered part of the multiverse, but unfortunately I think this can't be applied to Toyotaro's fanfic, since from how the Future Saga happens there can't have been two timelines where the Goku Black/Zamasu team up happened, and only one depiction of this happened in reality, which should be the anime's depiction.

The DBS manga has had no significant bearing on main Dragon Ball marketing, so it seems like the DBS anime-movie continuity is considered primary by Toei
Good point.

And also the works written front to back by Toriyama such as the Broly Movie are also directly confirmed by the man himself to be part of the TV anime, and in this interview he even acknowledged how it probably won't fit into the DBS manga and there would be different developments, which was confirmed with the manga's notably different depiction of the Broly events. Toriyama separates his closest involved works from the manga so this work clearly shouldn't be considered canon.

A promotional poster from folks not directly involved with creating the story itself up to interpretation (the english translation at least, can equally be taken to be distinguishing the manga from the canonical Super) doesn't beat Toriyama, the actual top dog of the franchise, who places his canon stories in the Anime and completely separates them from the manga.

When did toriyama place his canon stories in the anime?
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe’s existence on the line;

So now the DBS manga, made by both Toyo and Toriyama, it's not canon?

Even tho, at the start of an average Manga chapter it says Toriyama is heavily involved in the writing of the plot, but still not canon?

I'm astonished, I think I've seen enough internet today.

Last edited:
So now the DBS manga, made by both Toyo and Toriyama, it's not canon?

Even tho, at the start of an average Manga chapter it says Toriyama is heavily involved in the writing of the plot, but still not canon?

I'm astonished, I think I've seen enough internet today.
Correct, it is not canon. Canon for DBS= the story that is the true sequel and true depiction of the 10 year timeskip to EoZ in the authoritative continuity, which is the anime, not the manga, something stated many times since 2015 and completely confirmed when Toriyama places the works written by himself completely (an absolute canon of DB) into the Anime, and separates it from the manga.

The manga is simply a promotional adaption for the Anime to try add a little more hype to it and considered a small contribution to the DBS brand, and this was said by Toyotaro himself.
Super SCOOP!! #7
The comic adaptation by Toyotarō-sensei starts this issue!!

Comment From Toyotarō-sensei

“Getting to see a new DB anime series every week makes me too happy! With this comicalization, I want to make my own small contribution to the excitement, so everyone please check out the manga, too!”

And no, Toriyama does not make it, and neither do the credit pages indicate this, that is a misinterpretation in the english speaking community due to how Viz mistranslates it that was explained on Kanzenshuu by the translators long ago.
Regardless, we know Toyotaro scripts the actual chapters from his commentary in the back of each volume, as well as ancillary interviews, etc. Meanwhile, Toriyama provides plot outlines, with the (implicit) exception of the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc. Still, Toriyama's words are never what you're getting on the page, outside of his handful of corrected scenes. It's a bit of a glaring miscredit no matter how you come at it, and whatever the reasons behind it may be.
And it's also worth nothing that the "original story by Toriyama" credit likely simply refers to the original DB story Toriyama created since these works are all based on it (this is why various media such as GT and games like Xenoverse have this exact same credit, but Toriyama did not have any such involvement in these works beyond character designs), since as the translator notes "manga by Toyotaro" probably refers to the whole manga since we know for a fact Toyotaro does the writing too from interviews.

Toyotaro originally intended to adapt the canon anime (this was the idea according to himself as I posted above. Even if he got the drafts for a later arc, this indicates that this story wasn't taken seriously as anything canonical), but as the manga has gone forward, in the Granola Arc it seems he took a draft from Toriyama (although we don't know how much of the finished product of Toriyama. For example, the entire inclusion of Bardock in the Granola Arc, which is a huge part of it, was completely Toyotaro's idea), but for example as mentioned by the translators on Kanzenshuu, the Moro Arc is stated to be completely Toyotaro's own work and Toriyama has no particular involvement in this arc.

I also posted above how Toriyama had no idea what was going on with the Manga or what was planned for it at the time of the Broly movie.

I am so ******* lost at which is canon or which isnt (likely ALL the powerups and new characters will be canon someway or another)

I am so ******* lost at which is canon or which isnt (likely ALL the powerups and new characters will be canon someway or another)
Probably not the case. For example, canonically, SSJ Rose is simply Goku Black's equivalent of SSJ1, and no SSJ1 Goku Black exists in the Anime, but in the manga SSJ1 is a thing for Goku Black. Vegeta's training in Superhero completely contradicts Ultra Ego, and that form on it's own is Toyotaro only (Toriyama NOT having any actual input or involvement in the creation), so I doubt we'll see Ultra Ego in canon ever either.

Probably not the case. For example, canonically, SSJ Rose is simply Goku Black's equivalent of SSJ1, and no SSJ1 Goku Black exists in the Anime, but in the manga SSJ1 is a thing for Goku Black. Vegeta's training in Superhero completely contradicts Ultra Ego, and that form on it's own is Toyotaro only (Toriyama NOT having any actual input or involvement in the creation), so I doubt we'll see Ultra Ego in canon ever either.
How does vegetas superhero training contradict UE? Wasn’t vegetas focus in super hero energy reservation and total focus into strikes?

not sure how that contradicts UE

that's why i said somezay or another, likely must of it wont make it or be adapted into something else

Back