• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

it be better focusing on the other universes
I feel you.

But I really doubt the audience would actually care about the history of side characters tho.

Most of the fandom want to see Goku and co.

Btw, a Xenoverse oriented history could also focus a bit in other universes activity tho.

if a movie focusing on Gohan and Co did well without it being Goku and Vegeta centric then we can focus on other shit
side stories on the cats can do wonders
I mean yeah, but Gohan and co are an exception. As both are classic characters with a massive Fandom, which most of us grew up with.
So the "nostalgic" strategy worked for DBH SH.
The same as Broly.
But the side history of Super characters may be a different matter, I bet.
A Big part of the fandom doesn't feel the deep connection to Super characters than the one they feel to the Z Warriors.

(btw this is not my case)

Last edited:
It took a while (I also had to force myself), but I finally got all the scaling feats for Part 2 of Legends story mode.

Also, I've been thinking something. While there are Toei verse specific characters in Legends, I'm not sure if we should assume that all characters (like Goku and Vegeta for example) are the Toei verse versions unless proven otherwise.

The reason I say this is because Z Broly Movie Goku and Trunks exist separately from other versions of Goku and Trunks, and Saiyan Saga Vegeta remembers Beerus, who doesn't exist in Toeiverse timeline DB.

So we should probably instead use Manga and Super anime scaling instead of Toeiverse scaling, unless a Toeiverse specific character appears.

Last edited:
It's probably just some garbage side story like Jaco the patrolman animated
You know what I'd hope for? Side stories in each episode or set of episodes for different groups and races. Like a episode or set of episodes dedicated to showing what it was like in old-school Saiyan society, among other things.

Dragon Ball has insanely wasted world-building potential, honestly.

That's extremely unlikely though.

Altho here is a problem. Toriyama stated that Orange Piccolo was as strong as Goku.

Yet, Piccolo trashed Gamma 2 like no problem, which means he is above Goku.
I see no problem. Piccolo was refering to a hypothetical Anime Moro Arc Goku because that is the version he last saw. Toriyama is refering to the current version.

Agree. Toriyama sucks too hard at that aspect. Like we never fully explored the Demon realm. Even mediocre Youtuber have more creativity ( "What if Goku cheated on Chi Chi with Vados and Caulifla") and story telling than him.
But, Toyo is way worst.....so he isn't a good option for replacement

But, Toyo is way worst.....so he isn't a good option for replacement
The fact that Toriyama choose him for the sole reason of his art style being close to his own instead of considering stuff like story telling, world building, concept development ( Like concept of Ki , Transformation etc) or creativity should tell you something ....

Orange Piccolo, Black Frieza or Gohan Beast don't even give new abilities. Just color change + more Ki XD

I'm pretty sure if the others DB realms had a little, just a little story telling we'd have 2-C BoG
Toriyama World building be like :

"What sort of place is the Demon Realm?"
"It’s a hideout for mages!

The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins"

XDDD

Forget that, the story in general would be better as we can see with a place like the Demon Realm in the games, or how the Z Movies and GT use the other places in the world.

Post Z Toriyama's seriously such a lazy hack who's made nothing but bland, contrived nonsense stories with bland settings. Like the World of Void. A deathmatch for the entire multiverse and the grand setting is...... literal nothingness LMAO. What happened to doing something fun and creative, like I don't know, making them fight across some huge planet or galaxy with various environments and settings. Super is such wasted potential.

Oh, yes. That must be why Gohan uses Super Saiyan.
Yes, but eh well, he used his mystic form against the Gammas aswell.
Just that, after the Moro arc seems that he stopped training.

That's why it was hard for him to enter his mystic form in the movie, becouse he didn't train in the years time Skip.
😬😬😬😬

I mean, yeah. But that doesn't mean Toei can't adapt to Anime the Moro and Granola arcs which should happen before Super Hero tho.

While the anime and manga are completely different timelines, the arcs follow the same cronology in both anime and manga.

And btw, there is a transiction of years from the Granola to Super Hero arc.
So it could be that Gohan stopped training in that time lapse.

Btw, Gohan didn't have any screen time between DBS Broly and later on, so we don't know 100% if he stopped training after the TOP

Or: It could be the case that his power is regressing much faster when not training due to being half saiyan. Doing research can take tons of time. He was probably tunnel visioning into researching for months while not doing anything else. Since he is half saiyan , it led to him dropping substantially in power.

Everything points towards Gohan continuing to train after the Tournament of Power in the manga; from expressing his desire to continue evolving after regaining his battle sense, to remaining Earth's mightiest defender, to showing up months after the tournament even stronger than before despite also maintaining his studies and career as a professor. The only training Gohan from Super Hero has claimed to have done is practicing the Special Beam Cannon in his downtime.

Most damning of all, though, is his willingness to use Super Saiyan, uncharacteristic of the Gohan from the manga who explicitly denounced his Super Saiyan form and his Saiyan upbringings altogether in favor of his Earthling side.

Besides, the Super manga, much like Toriyama's original story, portrays his Ultimate "form" as equal with his normal state through and through. Gohan in the manga is always Ultimate Gohan, regardless of his haircut or his personality, because he is Ultimate Gohan.

Everything points towards Gohan continuing to train after the Tournament of Power in the manga; from expressing his desire to continue evolving after regaining his battle sense, to remaining Earth's mightiest defender, to showing up months after the tournament even stronger than before despite also maintaining his studies and career as a professor. The only training Gohan from Super Hero has claimed to have done is practicing the Special Beam Cannon in his downtime.

Most damning of all, though, is his willingness to use Super Saiyan, uncharacteristic of the Gohan from the manga who explicitly denounced his Super Saiyan form and his Saiyan upbringings altogether in favor of his Earthling side.

Besides, the Super manga, much like Toriyama's original story, portrays his Ultimate "form" as equal with his normal state through and through. Gohan in the manga is always Ultimate Gohan, regardless of his haircut or his personality, because he is Ultimate Gohan.
The movies, anime and manga are all their own separate continuities, pretty much.

Quora back on the block with the best questions yet again.

unknown.png

Aaaah, Quora questions, they never dissapoint me.

"Who would win between Elfman from Fairy tail and Broly?"

"Why do Chinese people look Black?"

"What is car?"

A classic....

You know what I'd hope for? Side stories in each episode or set of episodes for different groups and races. Like a episode or set of episodes dedicated to showing what it was like in old-school Saiyan society, among other things.

Dragon Ball has insanely wasted world-building potential, honestly.

That's extremely unlikely though.
To be fair, even the base world of Dragon Ball is already a very big one, I thought a mini story, let's say a toppo group, another let's say Kyabe and the Saiyans, Universe 11, and so on.

Shouldn’t Base Goku during his fight with SS2 Caulifla before obtaining UI 2 be least 50x stronger than he was during the U6 saga?

AFAIK this places him 5x above his initial level in the TOP as he is only estimated to be at least 10x stronger than his U6 saga self because of his rematch with Hit.

Don’t know how this would affect the larger scaling during the ToP.

Back