• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

band this gave me doubts in truth goku qualifies for universal or well this left me

This post is stupid.

"Hurr durr, Goku never nearly destroyed a universe after this fight."
Yea, because he learned how to control his godly power. This was explained during their fight.
And another thing, why the hell would he willingly destroy a universe?

"Destroying an entire universe requires destroying the very fabric of space and time, physics, and concept!"
Which is why Goku is only 3-A and not Low 2-C.

"Elder Kai is not a reliable source. His word means nothing!"
Yes, the man who watches over the entirety of the universe has no idea how the universe works or what goes on in the universe.
Even ignoring that...
Is Whis an invalid source of information? Is the official Toei webpage invalid?

"<insert point 2>"
I didn't even understand this recklessly put together argument.

"for every feat you say to raise goku, another can bring a feat or evidence to bring him down."
No, not really. There are literally no anti-feats for Goku. No "Oh, he couldn't handle a planetary level attack" or "Goku was threatened by a galaxy eater or something stupid like that".

If not, I put it ironically, seriously, the debaters on Facebook are weird. I've seen things as crazy as fate, planet level, or alien x hyperversal

band this gave me doubts in truth goku qualifies for universal or well this left me

1. That's describing universe level+. Does not debunk universe level.
2. It's not a chain reaction lmao. They are literally punching each other and breaking the universe, at worst, you can divide the total AP by half. Also irrelevant because the main feat comes from the ki ball.
3. Old kai's statements were reiterated by whis and even the literal narrator.
4. He is stated to punch with universal AP and literally has when he nullified the beerus ball in base form.
5 and 6. These are the same point, it's called plot induced stupidity and inconsistency. Goku was not used to his level of power so he wasn't able to suppress it. Broly destroying the earth on accident would break the plot, but is it because he didn't destroy the earth with stray ki blasts and instead breaking a few boulders mean that broly is not universal/planetary but actually just wall level?
7. Nobody used that as an argument and ki control.
You are misinformed.
using one or two outliers and inconsistencies for a character is not going to change how someone debunks it.
How ironic.

Destroy the very fabric of space-time, physic and concept
Wow, just wow

Also idk why people love abusing visual and AoE arguments, and character intention. If a character doesn't want to destroy something he is not on that level.......like what

Other series get their LS from feats that isn't directly just lifting stuff. Does DB have feats that could also be LS that isn't just lifting strength?

Dragon Ball as a whole focuses primarily on martial arts techniques and Attack Potency than Lifting Strength. One of the greatest Lifting Strength is of Goku pushing a boulder not even a complete inch. Also, the calculation is a massive outlier, but the feat is still accepted.

Dragon Ball as a whole focuses primarily on martial arts techniques and Attack Potency than Lifting Strength. One of the greatest Lifting Strength is of Goku pushing a boulder not even a complete inch. Also, the calculation is a massive outlier, but the feat is still accepted.
isn't striking strength also there?

Back