• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Dragon ball loves having a feat at the early in the series and then having nothing that really surpasses that.

Piccolo's moon busting speed / Planet busting.

DBS the universe clash / Beerus nullifying universe destruction.

And so everyone past that is just unquantifiably stronger. But at least Cell has a statement.

Dragon ball loves having a feat at the early in the series and then having nothing that really surpasses that.

Piccolo's moon busting speed / Planet busting.

DBS the universe clash / Beerus nullifying universe destruction.

And so everyone past that is just unquantifiably stronger. But at least Cell has a statement.
Frieza planet busting while immensely suppressed with one finger, Goku arguably saying that Frieza can destroy stars, which is consistent with scaling, but that's still debatable, Buuhan's Vice Scream when including the anime version.

Infinite Zamasu being a timeline, Goku and Jiren shaking an arguably infinite world by powering up, Gogeta and Broly surpassing the boundaries of the universe according to a novel.

But otherwise, true.

Imagine having Universal, MFTL+ Saiyan Gods that shit themselves in Outer Space, and so basically have Planet Level AOE durability at any given time
Cause outer space is the easiest cop-out plot device to raise the stakes.

Its why Toriyama quite literally gives every villain space travel, except the main characters. Freakin Gas can fly in space.

"How can I raise the stakes? I know I'll just threaten to blow up the Earth for the 26th time"

It also doesn't make sense from a character perspective. That Goku of all people wouldn't work to overcome this crippling weakness. He already did it with his tail.

You cannot exactly work to be able to survive in a vacuum.
There's so more much supernatural elements in Dragonball, that it would be pretty easy to write it. I'll take anything to save us from his plot device.

Something something ki control.

Something something ki shield.

Something something adaptive Saiyan Biology

Something something God Ki.

Something something control breathing.

The Toei anime just straight up ignored it with Saiyan Saga Vegeta or Broly surviving in space for days as a baby with his ki shield.

Cause outer space is the easiest cop-out plot device to raise the stakes.

Its why Toriyama quite literally gives every villain space travel, except the main characters. Freakin Gas can fly in space.

"How can I raise the stakes? I know I'll just threaten to blow up the Earth for the 26th time"

It also doesn't make sense from a character perspective. That Goku of all people wouldn't work to overcome this crippling weakness. He already did it with his tail.
Saiyan's can't survive space without a tail confirmed

To my knowledge it’s the only Class K feat in og DB and characters exponentially stronger than Kid Goku have Anti-Feats below Class K, so it’s seemingly a textbook outlier unless we have more Class K feats

I'm thinking about doing a Lifting Strength compendium, because, seriously, things like 20g and double digit tons are consistently portrayed as challenges for the cast, even during the Majin Buu Conflict. But a single Class K "feat" is enough to apparently erase all of that.

Has anyone did a calc for how much earth moros arms weigh due to Goku stoping the force of his earth fits has to have lots of Newtons of force

Back