• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

was Whis agreeing that Goku and Vegeta should try mastering their Ki further? Was Whis agreeing that the gap between Goku and Vegeta and Jiren was not that massive as shown? Was Whis proud of Vegeta taking the initiative? We would have to see the movie, and potentially a translation of Whis' dialogue if any, to understand the entire picture.
According to Goresh's spoiler review, Whis was praising Vegeta for getting it right, and that Goku should be taking a similar approach. Goresh's word is pretty reliable, since he's a very trusted, accurate, and well-respected translator because of the work he has done for Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Legends (at times), Dragon Ball Heroes, etc., so if that means anything, then perhaps the statement made by Vegeta is accurate.

the anime will just change the Moro and Granolah arc im sure. Black goku arc and TOP don't even play out the same as the manga and anime lmao

If they bring back the Super anime, they'll likely focus on the events post-Super Hero. Toriyama and Toyotaro already confirmed that the anime and the manga will progress on differing paths, and writing an entire prequel series set three years before the last recent entry in the series would be foolish of them considering how successful the movie was.

Although, Toei is Toei. Knowing them, a Super revival exclusively set in the events that conveniently feature Goku and Vegeta and nothing else could be a reality.

If they bring back the Super anime, they'll likely focus on the events post-Super Hero. Toriyama and Toyotaro already confirmed that the anime and the manga will progress on differing paths, and writing an entire prequel series set three years before the last recent entry in the series would be foolish of them considering how successful the movie was.

Although, Toei is Toei. Knowing them, a Super revival exclusively set in the events that conveniently feature Goku and Vegeta and nothing else could be a reality.
Todo knows fans want the Moro and Granolah arc animated.....

Todo knows fans want the Moro and Granolah arc animated.....
Toei Animation owns the sublicense to produce the anime, and Shueisha owns the license to produce the manga (along with the license of whole of the franchise). In order for the Galactic Patrolman Saga and the Granolah the Survivor Sagas to be adapted into the anime, Toei would have to discuss the rights with Shueisha, which they probably would not like to do considering their track record with copyright.

Oh, yeah, and Disney currently owns the live action film rights and film distribution rights through 20th Century Studios, I believe.

Alright now to list what each Gamma has in the film going off of what we can visually see since it's in japanese, I don't know it, and there could likely be some more stuff in the dialogue.

Gamma 1:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Duh)
Acrobatics (They are quite acrobatic and athletic)
Master Martial Artist (Basically embarrassed Base and SSJ Gohan in terms of Martial Arts, although he was rusty)
Flight (Duh)
Possibly Inorganic Physiology (Based off of what we see, it seems likely that the Gamma's might be purely mechanical in nature just like A16 (unless something states that they are made of organic materials). I'm not sure on which type though, as while they are mechanical beings, I'm not sure if they have a soul or not.
Enhanced Senses (specifically Enhanced Vision. The Gamma's have a built in radar/scanner that allows them to detect living beings and has a mini map).
Energy Manipulation/Ki Manipulation (I'm not sure if they're stated to use artificial ki or just use some kind of random energy, but they can utilize their energy to enhance their physical capabilities, like the Gamma dropkicks for example)
Energy Projection (Through their blasters. The Gamma's exclusively use their blasters for ranged combat, now whether that means they can't shoot blasts without them or just like using the blasters I'm not sure. I also don't know if it's stated if they are the one's to power their blasters or not, but it's very likely)
Possible Resistance to Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiation (I'm not sure of this one, but Gamma 2 into space and he was seemingly fine, but he could have been in the upper most layer of the atmosphere for all we know. This could be applied to Gamma 1 since he was likely constructed in the same fashion as Gamma 2).

Gamma 2:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Acrobatics
Master Martial Artist (Basically embarrassed Base Piccolo in terms of Martial Arts, and eventually overwhelmed Ultimate Piccolo)
Flight
Possibly Inorganic Physiology (already explained)
Enhanced Senses (Already explained)
Technology Manipulation (his special effects and onomatopoeia's are all made through holograms that he seemingly projects)
Energy Manipulation/Ki Manipulation (already explained)
Empowerment (Can enhance himself beyond his limits for a last ditch suicide Gamma drop kick)
Energy Projection (already explained)
Barrier Creation (Can create a barrier, simple)
Possible Resistance to Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiation (Already explained).

There's likely more, but this is all I could find from visuals alone, so If anyone can list some other stuff, that would be great.

Fair enough.
It is likely a form of artificial ki energy, or energy that Gero made to mimic the properties of Ki as it's able to be used to enhance one's physical capabilities, which other natural (as in plasma, electricity, energy found in nature sort of stuff) forms of energy besides Ki can't do (at least, I don't think so), as well as take a similar appearance to Ki when they power up. Gero likely attempted to mimic ki since he saw what it was capable of doing in his observations on Goku up until the Saiyan Saga. It's sad that Gero never gave the energy a proper name though.

will gohan and piccolo do something in future sagas
base piccolo and gohan should not climb a little above 17 although they were destroyed gamma they still defended themselves

Watched the movie a couple hours ago. I have some criticisms, some big ones, but honestly the movie was mostly fine. And actually had some good humor compared to most Dragon Ball stuff, with a good mix of the comedy elements and the serious elements. And Pan was ******* adorable the entire movie tbh. Thought she'd be annoying like her older GT counterpart, but I guess not, thank Christ.

Ignoring all of the inconsistencies with it and Super, the things I hated the most were the ridiculous new power-ups and Cell Max. Piccolo getting a new form is whatever. Man kinda needs it after all this time being a minor character. But the second, buff form was completely unneeded. It makes no actual narrative difference, they just added it as fan service. Gohan getting a new form is also kinda whatever imo, but what the hell is that dog ass design? White hair and red eyes??? It LITERALLY looks like some 13 year old designed it. As funny as it was that we sort of got Gohan Blanco, I hate the design regardless. Cell returning in general was already questionable, but it was even worse than I thought it could be. It literally took out everything that made Cell a cool villain, gave him a clown-ass color design, and why Semi-Perfect Cell? It's literally the most forgettable and ugly version of him. It doesn't look disturbing and intimidating like Imperfect Cell, nor charming and elegant but menacing like Perfect Cell. I just don't get it. It feels like most of the main portion of the movie was just straight-up fanservice, Dragon Ball Heroes style. Although I wasn't complaining about the fan service with Bulma, admittedly, lol. And Beerus straight-up having a crush on Cheelai is simultaneously unexpected, but also hilarious, and somewhat understandable. For once I actually agree with Beerus on something.

Overall, for Dragon Ball standards, I'd rate it a 7. For overall movie standards, more like a 5 or a 6. It wasn't bad by any means, but honestly it was carried by Pan, the humor, and Gohan and Piccolo being the main characters for once.

Watched the movie a couple hours ago. I have some criticisms, some big ones, but honestly the movie was mostly fine. And actually had some good humor compared to most Dragon Ball stuff, with a good mix of the comedy elements and the serious elements. And Pan was ******* adorable the entire movie tbh. Thought she'd be annoying like her older GT counterpart, but I guess not, thank Christ.

Ignoring all of the inconsistencies with it and Super, the things I hated the most were the ridiculous new power-ups and Cell Max. Piccolo getting a new form is whatever. Man kinda needs it after all this time being a minor character. But the second, buff form was completely unneeded. It makes no actual narrative difference, they just added it as fan service. Gohan getting a new form is also kinda whatever imo, but what the hell is that dog ass design? White hair and red eyes??? It LITERALLY looks like some 13 year old designed it. As funny as it was that we sort of got Gohan Blanco, I hate the design regardless. Cell returning in general was already questionable, but it was even worse than I thought it could be. It literally took out everything that made Cell a cool villain, gave him a clown-ass color design, and why Semi-Perfect Cell? It's literally the most forgettable and ugly version of him. It doesn't look disturbing and intimidating like Imperfect Cell, nor charming and elegant but menacing like Perfect Cell. I just don't get it. It feels like most of the main portion of the movie was just straight-up fanservice, Dragon Ball Heroes style. Although I wasn't complaining about the fan service with Bulma, admittedly, lol. And Beerus straight-up having a crush on Cheelai is simultaneously unexpected, but also hilarious, and somewhat understandable. For once I actually agree with Beerus on something.

Overall, for Dragon Ball standards, I'd rate it a 7. For overall movie standards, more like a 5 or a 6. It wasn't bad by any means, but honestly it was carried by Pan, the humor, and Gohan and Piccolo being the main characters for once.
I agree with all this but,
and why Semi-Perfect Cell? It's literally the most forgettable and ugly version of him. It doesn't look disturbing and intimidating like Imperfect Cell, nor charming and elegant but menacing like Perfect Cell.
I cant tolerate Semi-Perfect Cell slander💀

Summaries of the story mentioned that Whis cosigned his statement, but this mean a number of things; was Whis agreeing that Goku and Vegeta should try mastering their Ki further? Was Whis agreeing that the gap between Goku and Vegeta and Jiren was not that massive as shown? Was Whis proud of Vegeta taking the initiative? We would have to see the movie, and potentially a translation of Whis' dialogue if any, to understand the entire picture.
Yep, Whis was agreeing that Goku and Vegeta should focus more on perfecting their Ki mastery.

Soo do we need a new render for gokus new UI Form or is it just UI sign? because if it's just UI sign then that makes massive problems for scaleing

Back