• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Goten, Trunks, 18, and Krillin do not much immensely worse than SSJ Gohan, who is much stronger than Base Gohan, who is relative to Base Piccolo who is 3-A, meaning that the others should be in the 3-A ball park. Even if they are somewhat weaker than Base Piccolo, that should make them 3-A as he scales quite a bit above baseline 3-A.

Manga 17’s power-up was fine, iirc he was only SSJ3 level
But Cell jrs being alive is canon. So most likely they are alive in the anime aswell.

And also, 17's infinite energy can help him to train harder without tiring unlike Saiyans, so his training was defenitely more extreme than Goku and Vegeta's through those years.

Was anything mentioned in regards to Broly/Beerus and how they compare power wise?
Don’t think so, but the Jiren comment kinda implies broly is > Jiren for sure. U see, Jiren is apparently not that much stronger then Goku and Getes, but broly obviously is

Although, I still fail to understand one thing..... GodlyCharmander....., I mean, 17's increase could have a logical explanation, I don't know why it should be disregarded.....

Yet again, Gohan's incredible power up post Tournament of power was out of logic tho.

Just to drag the discussion away from Krillin scaling for a bit, I got some ideas for a set of new keys for Gohan and Piccolo:
  • Piccolo:
    • "Tournament of Power and Beyond" key should be renamed to "Tournament of Power / Super Hero", or he just gets a "Super Hero" key.
    • He should get a "Potential Unlocked" key, since it's clearly something he has to activate in order to use, seeing as he did such against Gamma 2 and at the end of the movie.
    • He gets an "Orange Piccolo" key.
  • Gohan:
    • Gohan should get a "Super Hero" key, since he's apparently been slacking off a lot because of his family and studies, meaning he is weaker than his ToP self, especially since he had to reawaken his Ultimate form again.
      • He could get a "Ultimate Form (Super Hero)" key, since the gap between his SSJ and Ultimate forms seems quite large (was getting overwhelmed by Gamma 1 in SSJ, but then completely stomped Gamma 1 in Ultimate form), or his Ultimate Form can just be mixed with his overall Super Hero key.
    • He should get a key for his new form. Apparently, the form is called "Final Gohan", thus the key's name should be "Final Gohan".

Just to drag the discussion away from Krillin scaling for a bit, I got some ideas for a set of new keys for Gohan and Piccolo:
  • Piccolo:
    • "Tournament of Power and Beyond" key should be renamed to "Tournament of Power / Super Hero", or he just gets a "Super Hero" key.
    • He should get a "Potential Unlocked" key, since it's clearly something he has to activate in order to use, seeing as he did such against Gamma 2 and at the end of the movie.
    • He gets an "Orange Piccolo" key.
  • Gohan:
    • Gohan should get a "Super Hero" key, since he's apparently been slacking off a lot because of his family and studies, meaning he is weaker than his ToP self, especially since he had to reawaken his Ultimate form again.
      • He could get a "Ultimate Form (Super Hero)" key, since the gap between his SSJ and Ultimate forms seems quite large (was getting overwhelmed by Gamma 1 in SSJ, but then completely stomped Gamma 1 in Ultimate form), or his Ultimate Form can just be mixed with his overall Super Hero key.
    • He should get a key for his new form. Apparently, the form is called "Final Gohan", thus the key's name should be "Final Gohan".
Sure thing.

Piccolo:
I think he should get a Super Hero key and just put his new forms in there since besides boosting his power, he doesn't get any new abilities from them, so making new keys for them shouldn't be necessary.

Gohan:
I do agree with a Super Hero key, but while he hasn't been keeping up with his training, I think some spoilers said that he said that he hasn't gotten weaker when he blocked Piccolo's attack. It's seems to be that he has mostly become rusty and can't become Ultimate at will because of it. Although if he did become weaker, his base form would still scale to Base Piccolo anyways. Final Gohan could maybe have it's own key, or maybe not, I don't know.

Although, I still fail to understand one thing..... GodlyCharmander....., I mean, 17's increase could have a logical explanation, I don't know why it should be disregarded.....

Yet again, Gohan's incredible power up post Tournament of power was out of logic tho.
There's likely a good logic to his growth in strength, it's just that we didn't see his training so some people are very skeptical.

Well, 17 didn't train alone in the island ,actually, he trained with Cell jrs which individualy were like SS1 Cell saga level.
And knowing that Cell jrs have Saiyan genetics, this guys got stronger along with 17 through the training aswell.

Imagine training for 7 years with like 7 dudes whose powers rivals you and are constantly getting Zenkais....

Also, take in count 17 could train even harder than Goku and Vegeta, without break, and that thanks to his limitless energy supply.
well Manga specifically

I think some spoilers said that he said that he hasn't gotten weaker when he blocked Piccolo's attack. It's seems to be that he has mostly become rusty and can't become Ultimate at will because of it.
I don't remember any spoilers saying he hasn't gotten weaker. And isn't him blocking Piccolo's attack just a reaction thing? He even struggled to keep himself up when Piccolo Clothes Beam'd the weighted gear on him. Him not becoming Ultimate at will is also a sign of him being weaker, because that's exactly how it happened in the ToP saga.

I don't remember any spoilers saying he hasn't gotten weaker. And isn't him blocking Piccolo's attack just a reaction thing? He even struggled to keep himself up when Piccolo Clothes Beam'd the weighted gear on him. Him not becoming Ultimate at will is also a sign of him being weaker, because that's exactly how it happened in the ToP saga.
Might have to ask Spinorr. Yeah it's reaction, but also dura since he blocked it, and don't forget that in DB speed tends to grow relative to strength thanks to Ki. That's because he hasn't used weighted clothing in a long time, not because it was to much for him, we even see him do stuff with it perfectly fine afterwards. Fair enough. Another reason he scales to Base Piccolo is because he performed better against Gamma 1 than Base Piccolo did against Gamma 2, and as of now there's nothing implying Gamma 1 and 2 are any different in terms of power.

Yeah it's reaction, but also dura since he blocked it, and don't forget that in DB speed tends to grow relative to strength thanks to Ki.
Fair enough.
Another reason he scales to Base Piccolo is because he performed better against Gamma 1 than Base Piccolo did against Gamma 2, and as of now there's nothing implying Gamma 1 and 2 are any different in terms of power.
I'm not really arguing for whether or not he scales to Base Piccolo, my argument was that him getting a new key should also elaborate on the fact that he had been slacking off during the timeskip because of his family and studies, thus making him weaker than his ToP self. He can scale above Base Piccolo in his Base Form, I'm fine with that given the feats, my point was just making a new key for him.

Fair enough.

I'm not really arguing for whether or not he scales to Base Piccolo, my argument was that him getting a new key should also elaborate on the fact that he had been slacking off during the timeskip because of his family and studies, thus making him weaker than his ToP self. He can scale above Base Piccolo in his Base Form, I'm fine with that given the feats, my point was just making a new key for him.
Oh my bad. Yeah I think he should get a new Super Hero key and note that outside of his Ultimate form, he's somewhat weaker than he was before.

Back