• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I knew it would be 4 years after the ToP/Moro arc/granolah arc as those take place in age 780 and this movie takes place in age 784

It's all because of that statement of pan being in kindergarten

I'm really just not sure about a whole Dragon Ball movie in CGI. It was used well in the Broly movie, but I'd never want, like, 2 hours of CGI animation. Look at the new character with the number 2 on his clothes talking. It looks really weird. Not to mention that it doesn't even feel like Dragon Ball when watching the trailer. And the music was...just decent, if anything.

The actual plot seems solid, and I very much like the idea of exploring more of Earth, which has become much less relevant to the story after the OG Dragon Ball. Also, the weird looking kid in the trailer eats some stuff out of a cup that has the Red Ribbon Army logo on it, meaning that the new organization likely has ties to them.

But yeah, while I'm still gonna watch it for sure, I'm just not expecting this to be anywhere close to the level of Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Most likely, as Carthu suggested, 1 and 2 believe themselves to be heroes and want to help people, but in reality the Red Ribbon Army is manipulating them and telling them that Goku, Vegeta, Buu, and the other Z Fighters are villains, which is why in their images the 3 look menacing.

Goku kinda lookin' thiccy in the new trailer. New Super Snacc transformation? 😳

unknown.png

Dragon Ball Kakarot looks better than this. Why can't they give DB the respect it deserves and make a full-fledged 2D animation movie smh

This looks like a huge downgrade to me especially after we got Broly.

Dragon Ball Kakarot looks better than this. Why can't they give DB the respect it deserves and make a full-fledged 2D animation movie smh

It's way too early to judge, I think it looks fine, it's not as good as DBS: Broly, but it's still fine.

It's way too early to judge, I think it looks fine, it's not as good as DBS: Broly, but it's still fine.
What if I told you I am judging it based on the teaser we got for Broly. And my point is not that it's bad or fine or even looks good as far as CGI goes, it's still a huge downgrade.

The main concern I have is the talking and small movements. The talking looks really weird and robotic, even more than usual in anime which already has awful lip-syncing. And some of the other movements characters make also look kind of weird if not sort of cartoony in a way.

I think the reason they're trying this might be because they want to see the response it gets. If it's positive, they'll probably decide to use more CGI in the future. If it's negative, they'll use less.

I do heavily agree that it's a severe downgrade from the god tier animation of the Broly movie, but, and as weird as it is for me to say this about a Dragon Ball film, I think the story is actually gonna carry it.

I think they want to test the new tech in animating before they decide which method they will use for TV series. So the movie could be a test ground

I doubt they would replicate the style of Super Hero with the return of the "main" series, but it would be cool if they did. It would take months or years for them to produce a single episode, though, so they would probably release them in bulk.

Source? Because, Toriyama stated that the last movie was a continuation of the anime's story, and this one is a sequel.
Source is the Q&A in the anime Panel, GP watch it. It’s a continuation of the manga. these stories will have the manga arcs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

今度の『ドラゴンボール超』の映画は、今テレビで放映されているアニメの次の話になります。
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV.
さて、テレビアニメは一旦終わってしまいますが、大人気のとよたろう先生の描く『DB超』の漫画(コミックス5巻まで発売中!)はこのままずっと続きます。テレビアニメや映画とはまた違った展開もあると思うので、楽しみにしていてください。こちらもぜひよろしく!
Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotarō (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!
というわけで😊
漫画は漫画で続きます😁

With that in mind 😊
the comic will continue as a comic 😁
Not only does Toriyama confirm that Broly was a continuation of the TV anime, but he also stated that the story of the ongoing manga would branch off on a path unrelated to the TV anime and the movie. Toyotaro also confirms that the manga will exclusively remain the manga.

Super Hero is very obviously a sequel to the previous movie, and it unless something fantastical happens in the manga that causes all alternate continuities to merge together like a DC event, it is highly unlikely that this has anything to do with the Galactic Patrolman Saga or the Granolah the Survivor Saga.

The movie will probably have the events of galactic prisoner and granolah arcs but they will be very spoiler free because the arcs are not over yet so goku vegeta and all those dudes will probably not have a major role in the movie.

Back