• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Then people here blame others for the bad reputation DB Supporters have............man, the irony made me laugh pages ago, now i am just bored by it

Then people here blame others for the bad reputation DB Supporters have............man, the irony made me laugh pages ago, now i am just bored by it
I know right, the way people argue here leave me shocked.

Is probally a difference in maturity.

I have a quote for every form except SSJ2, and 2 quotes for SFPSSJ4.

Not likely, to be honest. Goku explicitly needed SSJ to defeat Ledgic, who was beyond his Base Form. Then later the Sigma Force were people "with power as awesome as theirs he hadn't seen in a long time." (Stronger than Ledgic). And then Rildo was "stronger than all the guys they've met so far" (on M-2, so stronger than Mega Cannon Sigma).
Bro did you not start this discussion with this scene? Ofc Sigma Force were stronger than Ledgic but up until Planet M-2 no one was stronger than the strongest Majin Buu narratively speaking until Base Rildo who was stronger than the Sigma Force who got molly wopped by a Goku who admitted to holding back, which would make sense unless you want to argue SSJ Trunks > Mutchy > SSJ Goku > Base Goku > Lord Luud off of the premise that Goku needed SSJ.

Goku getting a stronger boost in any of those scenerios would entertain a GT Goten and Trunks being stronger than Base Goku.

I see, it's a never ending chase

Unless your part of "that group" I suggest you don't
I will do to them what Chadtama would do to Goku
Chadtama.jpg

Dragon Ball is popular so everything a DB fan says is toxic raaa lmao.

Bro did you not start this discussion with this scene? Ofc Sigma Force were stronger than Ledgic but up until Planet M-2 no one was stronger than the strongest Majin Buu narratively speaking until Base Rildo who was stronger than the Sigma Force who got molly wopped by a Goku who admitted to holding back, which would make sense unless you want to argue SSJ Trunks > Mutchy > SSJ Goku > Base Goku > Lord Luud off of the premise that Goku needed SSJ.
Whhhhy would we put Mutchi below Trunks or above SSJ Goku? Base Trunks only killed Mutchi by catching him off guard. Trunks only went SSJ to beat the weight of Mutchi’s telekinetic rocks. Similarly, Goku needed SSJ to beat out the spells Mutchi could perform, like breaking out of being captured by his Earth Manipulation and not to compete with him physically. Even if we did ignore all that, Mutchi was beating Goku by removing SSJ (by draining him of Ki and hitting him against a hard surface to break concentration to force him out the form) not overwhelming him with raw force. (Though he admittedly did do so to start that strategy with his Whips to begin his train and slam.)

If anything, it’s: Mutchi < Luud < Trunks < Goku. (It should also be noted that 2nd Form Luud is specifically stated to be inferior to SSJ Goku and Trunks by the Narrator, and as Mutchi is weaker than that version of Luud, it means Mutchi could never exceed either of their powers in that fight).

Though even if we swapped out 2nd Form Luud and Mutchi, the difference is pretty minimal given neither scale to the SSJs.
Goku getting a stronger boost in any of those scenerios would entertain a GT Goten and Trunks being stronger than Base Goku.
Also note, I don’t find this compelling at all. By Pital Baby has all the power of Level 3 Luud, (and MORE) with both Goku and Trunks struggling to defeat him in base at that stage (needing to target a weak spot). Even ignoring that, by Pital Baby's also hopped into Rildo, and as we know when he possesses a body he siphons off their powers. Not to mention it's pretty clearly established that (Infant) Baby's power on awakening was "unreal" compared to anything they'd seen before that. And then when he possesses Trunks on Pital, Baby goes on to say "His power is UNBELIEVABLE!!" Taking on Trunks in his eyes gave him an insane power boost, and then Trunks with his Saiya Power ("Am I really not strong enough? This this the TRUE depth of SAIYA POWER?!") was enough to eject him because his power was simply just too much. A Rildo + Luud + MORE combo found GT TRUNKS "too strong." By all accounts, Trunks is stronger than Buu (logistically). But obviously that doesn't make much sense when out of the two, Goku was the only one capable of handling Rildo. So either A) Trunks grew between those moments or B) Trunks was secretly the strongest on the team. (This also occurs again. Despite powering up significantly, Goten for him was a MAJOR JUMP in power. He makes note of this directly, how despite failing with Trunks he's "finally attained this unreal Saiya power" and how Goten "is power, FULL of power!")

Similarly, Goku explicitly could not handle Ledgic in Base. He needed Super Saiyan. This is something we're outright shown and told. It's not debatable. Yet RIldo is "the first stronger than Buu." (Which isn't stated. While this is the first time Goku has directly made the comparison, Goku doesn't say no one else is on that level. Though admittedly it's a moot point since that's obviously the intent of the scene). So either Goku got stronger, or Goku sandbagged (explicitly not correct). This take also doesn't make much sense when Zenkai Boosts exist in series. No matter what, after each battle they necessarily get stronger. We also know that the Mid-Battle Zenkais exist within the Anime, because as Goku and Cell fought they were growing more powerful passively just from experiencing battle. So while there isn't a moment of "AHA, they got stronger!" from thing like training, or calling attention to Zenkai Boosts (at least until SSJ4 comes around and allows nullification of techniques as well) for increases in power, we know they are growing in battle.

Either the characters stagnated and the plot twists in on itself or the characters grew. (It should also be noted that Goku "admitted to holding back" specifically to Mega Cannon Sigma, not everyone else. In fact, he says "the reason why I did is because you have my data." So this line of logic doesn't even make sense.)

Back