• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The "leaks" are coming from TOEI's own site lol. Announcement possibly comming on May 9th, which is Goku Day on Japan, and also the day when they will replace the old DB site with a new one.
046039.jpg

Maybe they'll do a series, like three movies that tell three parts of the motor arc
Or a new movie
Or make someone from the old movies canon, like janemba or hatchiyack
Or they coudl do a collaboration with heroes to make a movie about mechikabura or something like that

I'd hope it's something new. The only non-canon character I'd love to see is Janemba, but it seems unlikely that they'll re-use two movie villains back to back. Maybe it's something about the end of DBZ.

I wouldn't mind some kind of movie also between Broly and Moro or between Moro and Granolah.

Or it could be after Granolah, who knows. I mean, maybe this arc'll end before the new movie. And yeah, I'd prefer something new I'll be honest, no matter how cool a remade Janemba would be.

I wouldn't be against it if there was a new Janemba movie, though. God-tier Janemba would be pretty sick, especially if they did more with his insane spatial manipulation.

It's definitely possible that the current arc will end before the movie. If the movie is actually coming in 2022, whether early or mid, the Granolah arc would still have well over half a year to finish. Considering that Granolah has already become the "strongest warrior in the universe" or whatever, and is about to fight Goku and Vegeta possibly in just the next chapter, I would actually bet that it'll end before 2022. But of course that would still require them to do the movie while having already known pretty much everything that would happen in the Granloah arc already, and doing everything around that, even though they've likely been making this movie since early 2020.

Anyways, I'm thinking it'll most likely be centered around an entirely new villain. The only DBZ movie villains I'd see them making canon would be Turles, Cooler, and possibly Janemba as everyone seems to be hoping for, but I have a strong feeling it won't be any of them. Turles is a Saiyan, and if he were made canon, the point of his movie and such would likely be heavily about the Saiyan's, but I don't think that's likely because the Broly movie was also extremely focused on the Saiyan's. More than we've ever seen previously in the franchise, in fact. Cooler is someone I could easily see becoming canon eventually, but introducing him right now would be weird considering all of the Frieza shenanigans going on. And furthermore you have the fact that Cooler suddenly existing in canon just doesn't make sense, as it is illogical that he never would've been mentioned before now. Even ignoring that, it'd be hard for them to believably make Cooler a strong enough character to actually pose a threat, unless they wanted to do something where Cooler trained in secret, and has potential similar to Frieza's. As for Janemba, I'd love to see a sort of modern Fusion Reborn (obviously with a much different setting as Goku and Vegeta wouldn't be dead), but I don't see this either. The Broly movie had Gogeta finally appear in canon, something I think they'd reserve for a movie with Janemba if they actually did that. And of course, I severely doubt we'd be getting Gogeta two movies in a row. But that's the only thing that makes me doubt a Janemba movie. And it's also of course possible that Janemba won't even require Gogeta to come out in this movie.

Personally, I'm betting it'll either be based on a new villain, or that it'll be another Frieza related movie. Either that Frieza is the main antagonist, or like in the Broly movie he found someone to fight them in his place. As for Moro, I do severely doubt it'll be related to Moro at all. The only way I see that is if they're gonna pull a BoG and RoF on us where we get to see it in the anime as well, even though it already happened in a movie, with some noticeable but still not massive differences.

Imagined if they combined the moro arc with janemba
Ir reveal that frieza race is from another alternative multiverse or something
Or explore the other universes or demon realm and make the main protagonist be uub and buu.
Or a movie that makes hit and the U7 gang join the proud troopers to stop moro

The only thing we have to go by right now is that the director of the Dragon Ball Unit with Shueisha said that the next movie villain would probably be the polar opposite of Broly (not having muh power as their main point). As of now, only Moro fits that description (magic bullshittery and whatnot, but he did turn into a Broly in the end anyways), Granola might fit that description as well but I haven't seen enough of him to draw a conclusion. I'd like to see old villains being revamped and integrated into the canon, maybe even some ancient stories like the first SSJ/SSJGod, but I guess that's very unlikely since both Moro and Granola have nothing to do with Saiyans, making it a bit of a pace-breaker story.

I suppose a part of the Moro arc being released in movie format first and then announcing the anime adaption afterwards wouldn't be too weird.

I hope they make a new Anime series; a movie sounds good, and maybe it can be a similar case to what happened last time. Before DBS, they made two movies, but the first 2 movies were remade into seasons. It could be another movie but then they become remade as seasons of the new Anime the starting the following year.

But either way, I'm with AKM Sama.

I hope they make a new Anime series; a movie sounds good, and maybe it can be a similar case to what happened last time. Before DBS, they made two movies, but the first 2 movies were remade into seasons. It could be another movie but then they become remade as seasons of the new Anime the starting the following year.

But either way, I'm with AKM Sama.
I think after the whole fiasco of bad animation at the beginning of DBS anime, and the cause is bad schedule and constant weekly release, Toei possibly decide to take the movie route. Using the movie formation, you could have time to focus on quality animation and the huge break period between movies allow manga to progress

I
I don't care what villian we have, i want to see Toei make their own storytelling rather than just copy-paste the source material and animating it
It’s not really copy paste they were basically just making a past villian that was non canon become canon no big deal

To be completely honest, and I have said this before, I'd rather have the continuation in anime form (I don't mind the movies in between), rather than strictly in movie form.

I love to discuss Dragon Ball on a weekly basis where each weekend we had something new to talk about, some new DB character, info, power, resistance, upgrade, etc. And we'd talk about it for the entire week just for the next episode to release and repeat the process again. It was fun.

With the movies, it all just goes by in a flash.

I honestly never considered DBS' animation all that bad save for the 1st two seasons. And it was because the people working on the animation were new to animating was the reason behind it, plus they kind of wanted it to be 90's quality for nostalgia reasons for those who grew up with DBZ.

I honestly never considered DBS' animation all that bad save for the 1st two seasons. And it was because the people working on the animation were new to animating was the reason behind it, plus they kind of wanted it to be 90's quality for nostalgia reasons for those who grew up with DBZ.
Well yes, but not all of us, there are still many peoples out there still clinging to the whole bad animation and bad art, even in Japan which is the home of DB

Like, it got better during the U6 Tournament and Future Trunks arc, but there were some jank things in those arcs. The ToP definitely got the bump up, though. But yeah, people do overexaggerate a lot of the bad quality of the animation. Though they probably should have given Super more pre-production and a bit more time to actually build a buffer. That much is true.

That being said, I don't want them to make the arcs into movies, that would be kinda lame. It'd probably be super cool to watch, but I do think that it would be a disservice to those arcs to just be made into movies.

But hey, hopefully we'll find out more soon enough.

There's also too much time between movie releases. Even if the anime has a lower animation budget, I'd take the anime route every time.

I mean if they want to adopt the movies into anime, I hope they change a lot of. Like the movies are they're own continuity and anime it's own.
Or do a cross over with saint seiya and sailor moon.
Or make mechikabura canon or something like that.
Buuuuut I honestly want a movie about beerus, how did he get his role, explore more on other universes and explain the hakai even more
Or a hit movie and make like will kill a god of destruction or something like that
Or or a proud trooper movie. How they got their, their backstories and made them like a completely separate thing. Every two years release a new proud trooper movie just like dc animated movie formats

Apparently Toriyama released a statement saying an unexpected character might appear. Y'all think it'll be a canon or non-canon character?

To be honest i want to see some good feats such like another universe-multiverse feat so people can't downgrade the feat and DB canon remain consistant.

I felt dissapointed about DBS manga because there not many universe-multiverse feat.

I'd rather see some soul & mind manipulation, and maybe some reality warping type abilities first. But I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some universal feats either.

Some dimensional busting feat, make the vice shout return. And do some magical abilities and explore the majin race

I mean, it's useless against hax because there's no showings against hax. Granted, I doubt there's going to be any real hax resistances from this new movie unless the villain is entirely hax based and the heroes end up having to power through them, but still. It is more likely that we'll get something that looks insane, like Gogeta vs Broly breaking into and destroying another dimension of sorts.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't actually get any big new feats in it, either. Like, it's big, flashy, and awesome, but doesn't provide anything that's super usable for scaling.

God, though, I still wish the Broly fight got taken to the sun like they originally wanted. I don't even care whether or not that'd give them much of anything (though it would give heat resistance), that just sounds like it'd have been awesome.

Eh, they are kinda the most basic types of hax. If you are on this site and talking about impressive hax it's very likely you were thinking of much more creative stuff than that.

They are only really sort of impressive in that some of them are Universal/Multiversal level, but at the same time, those tiers treat those hax as more standard than anything remarkable to have.

Well not my problem that you don't find time stop, time skip, existence erasure, fusing with a whole space time, absorbing, instinctive reactions, energy splitting, ability copying, reality warping, law manipulation impressive
The reason why I said that is because I've already seen that done by other characters casually in different anime and manga.

Back