• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

If Cell is immortal it’s not impossible for him to gather enough energy in a Kamehameha to blow up the universe.

But given it took him time to charge up to SS level in a much stronger form, it’s clearly not a feasible combat applicable feat.
true, and the fact that his immortality (type 1) is only a possibility i'm pretty sure. destroying the universe with 4-C AP and hypersonic travel speed is....yeah i dont even need to say it

Well........he would have the lifespam for it, if he wanted, i guess he would be able to do it, and he is like, Solar System level, he wouldn't even need to travel much, just blasting a bunch would do it
eh his immortality is only a possibility like i said. plus even imperfect cell isn't 4-B, a fully charged up super perfect cell is. that statement doesn't make sense from A-16 given imperfect Cell's current AP or speed.

so while i don't think Toriyama intended Cell to one shot a universe, it's just as ridiculous to argue that he'd spend a f**kbillion number of years just blasting stars up only to realize he hasn't even destroyed 10% of them. and no he'd absolutely need to travel a lot, idk why you said that.

eh his immortality is only a possibility like i said. plus even imperfect cell isn't 4-B, a fully charged up super perfect cell is. that statement doesn't make sense from A-16 given imperfect Cell's current AP or speed.
Do we know that he is talking about Imperfect Cell and not Perfect Cell?

like i said, yeah, because no one knows about perfect Cell yet not even Cell himself. at best, he could be talking about semi-perfect Cell if 16 was estimating how strong he'd get upon absorbing 17
Well......he knows he would become "perfect" after absorbing both 17 and 18, if can estimate how strong he would be if he absorbed one, he can so the same for him absorbing the other, no?

Well......he knows he would become "perfect" after absorbing both 17 and 18, if can estimate how strong he would be if he absorbed one, he can so the same for him absorbing the other, no?
except i'm only positing that as a best-case scenario. we know even Cell was quite surprised at his suppressed perfect state. to say that A-16 would be able to predict FP perfect Cell's strength is pretty ridiculous imo. i don't actually believe A-16 was predicting or estimating anything here.

except i'm only positing that as a best-case scenario. we know even Cell was quite surprised at his suppressed perfect state. to say that A-16 would be able to predict FP perfect Cell's strength is pretty ridiculous imo. i don't actually believe A-16 was predicting or estimating anything here.
I mean, he doesn't say "he will be able to deatroy the universe" he says that it is what he wants to do, so since he isn't sure what cell will be able to do once perfect assuming the worst scenario would make sense

Just because cell was going to destroy the solar system with that attack, doesn't mean he isn't capable of being universal, he said with the energy he had gathered at that point in time, it would be enough to destroy the solar system. But universal destruction even if it was overtime is 4-A. And with cells speed, him being solar system only is disgusting downplay. Same shit with buu.
Cell saying he has gathered enough energy/chi to blow away the solar system is outright telling that his AP is only at that level at most, it’s not like he is arbitrarily reducing his AoE, if he were universal he would have said he had enough chi to blow away the universe instead.

I mean, he doesn't say "he will be able to deatroy the universe" he says that it is what he wants to do, so since he isn't sure what cell will be able to do once perfect assuming the worst scenario would make sense
yeah except he literally doesn't know ANYTHING about how strong cell would be. he could've even been underestimating his strength if anything (its basically a running joke in DB that a new villain is much stronger than "anyone expected him to be"). ngl this argument is weaker than Yamcha.

but let me steelman this just to show why even if you were correct in A-16's assumption of Cell, you'd still be wrong overall. let's say A-16 did know that SPC would be 4-B. still doesn't change the fact that being stated to be able to destroy the universe with 4-B AP and hypersonic speed is.....basically impossible, to the point that 16's assertion is almost a complete non-statement that's not even worth thinking about much less worrying about.

as i said, i don't believe Cell can one shot the universe (whether or not Toriyama intended it), but to hold that the other extreme must be true instead (that is, he takes a bajillion years to fly to another star and nuke it, rinse and repeat 200 quadrillion times just for our galaxy alone) just because! is also ridiculous and arguably a worse argument as well, yet we essentially believe that with a straight face

Cell saying he has gathered enough energy/chi to blow away the solar system is outright telling that his AP is only at that level at most, it’s not like he is arbitrarily reducing his AoE, if he were universal he would have said he had enough chi to blow away the universe instead.
that doesn't work either. IIRC (check the japanese, idk if its the exact same as english), Cell says he has "already" gathered enough chi/energy to blow away the entire solar system. this seems to suggest not that he was only bragging about busting the solar system, but much more so about how he has already charged up enough to do so (implying he could charge up more/have higher AP if he wanted to).

another reason this argument doesnt work is because if you believe Cell is JUST capping himself as Solar System (as in, at most solar system level as you've just said yourself), then the current rating shouldn't be something you agree with. because SPC is currently quite a bit above baseline solar system level, he isn't capped to baseline, Gohan is even higher (even though he has the same SS busting statement in the Guidebook IIRC).

Back