• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

No, dude it’s VERBATIM stated to be a world with a different dimension of time. It having a different time flow DOES not contradict that. You’re doing hella mental gymnastics with a verbatim ass statement. I can literally pull up the scan.
They only say it once, they don't go deeper, they don't mention it again, it sounds more like it's a place with another flow of time and that's it, you can have places with another flow of time and they don't necessarily have to be another temporal dimension.

and not mentioning it again doesn't change the meaning of it being a different time dimension.

oh and in super merus' roset it is mentioned that it is also a different time dimension.

you are changing the meaning of a word to something that was never said.

you are doing a headcon
They only say it once, they don't go deeper, they don't mention it again, it sounds more like it's a place with another flow of time and that's it, you can have places with another flow of time and they don't necessarily have to be another temporal dimension.

Actually, they say it twice in the DBZ Manga. Twice in the DBZ Anime. Then, they state it’s a world with a different temporal dimension sealed from the outside world in the DBS Manga. So this is honestly just sounds like cope. If you’re choosing to ignore statements because you think they don’t go deeper. When the meaning of “world with a different dimension of time” is obvious.

Why do they need to go go deeper than "different dimension of time" exactly? And why do they need to say it twice?

I am pretty sure common sense takes over at that point

You're simply disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing

A world with a different dimension of time doesn't have a different dimension of time

Why do they need to go go deeper than "different dimension of time" exactly? And why do they need to say it twice?

I am pretty sure common sense takes over at that point

You're simply disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing
That it wasn't just throwing out a word, there's just because.
because if they took the time to explain time travel, they can take the time to explain why there is another time dimension, instead of making it seem like it's just a space and time dimension with another flow of time.

What is my guy trying to argue 😭
hypertime is a exclusive concept from DC, No verse should have it (and I say this as a fan of Sonic, I don't like that it has it, by the way, neither should Ben 10, nor GOW, nor any verse in my opinion) and that Dragon Ball It has the problem that it puts all the space and time in the 12 universes.

Where is the different dimension of time in a world where time passes faster? Many universes have this, it is not another dimension of time, it is just that time moves faster.
The echo that other universes don't mention in their universes that are dimensions of different times maybe. And in DB they are directly called dimensions of time.

You are using examples from other verses to prove an invalid point, that doesn't help you or prove you right bro

The echo that other universes don't mention in their universes that are dimensions of different times maybe. And in DB they are directly called dimensions of time.

You are using examples from other verses to prove an invalid point, that doesn't help you or prove you right bro
Ok, explain to me how other verses using this concept better makes it invalid, it just proves that Dragon Ball applies it very badly.

That it wasn't just throwing out a word, there's just because.
because if they took the time to explain time travel, they can take the time to explain why there is another time dimension, instead of making it seem like it's just a space and time dimension with another flow of time.
My guy, a world with a different time flow doesn’t contradict it being a world with a different dimension of time. Both of them can simultaneously true.
Where is the different dimension of time in a world where time passes faster? Many universes have this, it is not another dimension of time, it is just that time moves faster.
Uh, I don’t know man. Perhaps the exact statement that tells us it’s a world with a different dimension of time? Dunno though, I might be looking too deep into it.
hypertime is a exclusive concept from DC, No verse should have it (and I say this as a fan of Sonic, I don't like that it has it, by the way, neither should Ben 10, nor GOW, nor any verse in my opinion) and that Dragon Ball It has the problem that it puts all the space and time in the 12 universes.
You’re fine to think that way, but we have standards of what qualifies for a timeline with 2-time dimensions in the FAQ. There’s a whole blog dedicated to showing how DB fulfills each part. And the timeline themself having space-time continuums with different dimensions of time. If you decide to give those a look and understand it won’t come off as an argument from ignorance though.

Ok, explain to me how other verses using this concept better makes it invalid, it just proves that Dragon Ball applies it very badly.
yes, you are simply saying that one verse must work like the other for it to be good.

and that is a biased opinion

this is a double standard since some verse works as the creator wants, not as another verse that you like.

and in DB it is fine in its verse, you using another verse simply says that you cannot say why it is wrong in DB without having to resort to another verse is bruh

You’re fine to think that way, but we have standards of what qualifies for a timeline with 2-time dimensions in the FAQ. There’s a whole blog dedicated to showing how DB fulfills each part. And the timeline themself having space-time continuums with different dimensions of time. If you decide to give those a look and understand it won’t come off as an argument from ignorance though.
Well, I'm honest, the only reason I think they apply it now is because they wanted to do it for Dragon Ball and many other verses (I repeat, I don't want that even for Sonic)

yes, you are simply saying that one verse must work like the other for it to be good.
no, just applied the concept well, ok?

If we ask fiction to apply certain things well to history (like war, depression, love, etc.), why can't we ask them to apply something like this well?
and that is a biased opinion

Everyone has biased opinions in this world for better or worse.
This is a double standard since some verse works as the creator wants, not as another verse that you like.
and those creators do it well
and in DB it is fine in its verse, you using another verse simply says that you cannot say why it is wrong in DB without having to resort to another verse is bruh
I repeat the above, if one story applies the romance well, and the other does it badly, then what is it?

no, just applied the concept well, ok?

If we ask fiction to apply certain things well to history (like war, depression, love, etc.), why can't we ask them to apply something like this well?

Everyone has biased opinions in this world for better or worse.

and those creators do it well

I repeat the above, if one story applies the romance well, and the other does it badly, then what is it?
How you apply these concepts well depends on your world, not another verse, this can vary as the world is formed in fiction.

not using another verse, again biased opinion

and you are deviating from the topic, putting in things that are not relevant.

How you apply these concepts well depends on your world, not another verse, this can vary as the world is formed in fiction.
It's actually something very basic about stories, if there is romance, you have to develop it, if you don't, you applied romance wrong.
not using another verse, again biased opinion
I already said it, we are all biased
and you are deviating from the topic, putting in things that are not relevant.
mmm

It's actually something very basic about stories, if there is romance, you have to develop it, if you don't, you applied romance wrong.

I already said it, we are all biased

mmm
And depending on how it is done, it is fine, and how the romance turns out, not all are the same in fiction.

Why one does it in a different way or manner is not bad.

And again, an irrelevant topic that does not help you at all.

Back