• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Whatcha'll gon' do if Daima assigns the universe a numerical length?
Big if. If it happens though, then sure? I highly doubt that’d happen since its something mentioned in the daizenshuu and chozenshuu multiple times. The chozenshuu content toriyama looked over himself to get reapproved in. It’s like if I said what if Daima states that SSJ is a 21x multiplier.

The universe isn't stated to have a center and an edge in canon or anything.
That’s not a contradiction. You have to ignore the basic concept of infinity to say it is.

You can have an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 and the amount is infinite. The distance from the edge and center would just be an infinite distance. The same way the numbers between 1.5 and 2 is still infinite.

Just learn up a bit on mathematics and maybe we’ll see if there’s any real contradictions in the future.

Looks like you need to improve your education (this is a joke don’t take this seriously just wanted to mimic Ryzen)

Last edited:
That’s not a contradiction. You have to ignore the basic concept of infinity to say it is.

You can have an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 and the amount is uncountable. The distance from the edge and center would just be an infinite distance. The same way the distance between 1.5 and 2 is still infinite.
nah that's a countable infinity
Just learn up a bit on mathematics and maybe we’ll see if there’s any real contradictions in the future.

Looks like you need to improve your education (this is a joke don’t take this seriously just wanted to mimic Ryzen)
he's learning algebraic geometry. he's on the right track actually

You can have an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 and the amount is uncountable. The distance from the edge and center would just be an infinite distance. The same way the distance between 1.5 and 2 is still infinite.

Show me an infinite universe statement in canon. The guides are contradicted. You can misrepresent the math all day long, it will never change the fact Super does not have an infinite universe.

But it's not surprising when Super is written by a bunch of people who don't know anything about DB.

Show me an infinite universe statement in canon. The guides are contradicted. You can misrepresent the math all day long, it will never change the fact Super does not have an infinite universe.

But it's not surprising when Super is written by a bunch of people who don't know anything about DB.
Show me a statement of it being contradicted. I’m not misrepresenting math, I just gave you an example how the amount of numbers between 2 points can be infinite. Even on a line graph, if you have point (1,0) and point (2,0) you could put an infinite amount of points between the 2. Like (1.11,0) and (1.111,0). Facts don’t care about your feelings. If you can’t find a real contradiction and argue out of incredibility you won’t be taken serious.

Show me an infinite universe statement in canon.
the guides are canon
The guides are contradicted.
how?
You can misrepresent the math all day long,
he misrepresented nothing sounds like you really need to improve your education
it will never change the fact Super does not have an infinite universe.
when did this become a fact?
are you suggesting that Toriyama himself and Toyotarou who basically made a career out of being a famous fan manga artist enough to be picked by Toriyama know nothing of DB? seriously?

Hyperbole, poetry, contradictory, what else will excuses be?

Show me a statement of it being contradicted. I’m not misrepresenting math, I just gave you an example how the amount of numbers between 2 points can be infinite. Even on a line graph, if you have point (1,0) and point (2,0) you could put an infinite amount of points between the 2. Like (1.11,0) and (1.111,0). Facts don’t care about your feelings. If you can’t find a real contradiction and argue out of incredibility you won’t be taken serious.
  • edge
  • center
  • shown to be smaller than 3D space and touch other universes
  • 26 planets with intelligent life
  • all statements of infinite come from secondary canon
  • never stated infinite in the source material

• edge
  • center
isn't exactly a contradiction
rejected visual plus also doesnt contradict anything. also what 3D space was it smaller than? the same one from where Zeno's finger appears to be larger than a planet (and possibly galaxies too)?
  • 26 planets with intelligent life
Manga only statement. DBS anime and manga cosmologies have been separated as well
  • all statements of infinite come from secondary canon
which is still canon
  • never stated infinite in the source material
makes no difference

If anyone cares about improving the quality of the verse pages:

• edge
  • center
1. U6 & U7 never touch, and the Universes are not shown to be smaller than a 3D space. Although, if you’re referring to it being shown, I would just mention how you can’t draw an infinite sized object anyways, or that the perspective was from a higher dimensional POV i.e neutral space. There’s many verses that show the universe and we still acknowledge are infinite. (Not gonna mention any since I don’t wanna use whataboutism). But that doesn’t contradict an infinite universe.
26 planets with intelligent life
Ah yes, 26 planets with life contradict infinite space within a universe. Like what? 💀
all statements of infinite come from secondary canon
True, still canon and not contradicted. SSJ’s 50x multiplier comes strictly from secondary canon and there’s more statements of infinite universe than there is 50x multiplier statements from my knowledge as well. Secondary source doesn’t mean it’s not canon.
never stated infinite in the source material
Stated to be infinite within the daizenshuu and chozenshuu, which the author himself had to approve to get accepted back in to the guidebook for the latter (chozenshuu).

Allat, and still no contradiction in sight.

Now why would 26 planets somehow contradict...infinite size? Also using visuals? Who's this buffoon that tries to argue "Ah its finite on screen thus not infinite"...like duh? The screen isn't infinite?

Now why would 26 planets somehow contradict...infinite size? Also using visuals? Who's this buffoon that tries to argue "Ah its finite on screen thus not infinite"...like duh? The screen isn't infinite?
Little does he know that there are mentioned to be countless planets within the Universe several times, i believe he is thinking there are only 28 planets, but in reality there are 28 planets with intelligent life, lol

Also with their underworld having an ending it's really funny to call it infinite

The same way the distance between 1.5 and 2 is still infinite.

Wasn't gonna comment but since you're trying to educate people I'm gonna correct you.

The distance between 1.5 and 2 is NOT infinite, even if there are infinite numbers in between. In fact, in Mathematics the distance between 2 points is defined as an application that values in R+, i.e., positive REAL numbers. Therefore, no distance is possible in which the distance between 1.5 and 2 is infinity.

Not trying to argue for nor against the point, just correct this

Wasn't gonna comment but since you're trying to educate people I'm gonna correct you.

The distance between 1.5 and 2 is NOT infinite, even if there are infinite numbers in between. In fact, in Mathematics the distance between 2 points is defined as an application that values in R+, i.e., positive REAL numbers. Therefore, no distance is possible in which the distance between 1.5 and 2 is infinity.

Not trying to argue for nor against the point, just correct this
By distance I meant number, since I was flip flopping between explaining math and talking about DB. But yeah the amount of numbers between 1.5 and 2 is infinite.

Neutral on the topic, but hand on heart, if you weren't a Dragon Ball powerscaling fan,

Do you genuinely think they considered the mathematical nuisances regarding infinity in order to keep in line with guide statements they may or may not even know exist or care about from decades earlier, while stating the universe has a center and an edge? All while never once stating the universe to be infinite in the series?

Neutral on the topic, but hand on heart, if you weren't a Dragon Ball powerscaling fan,

Do you genuinely think they considered the mathematical nuisances regarding infinity in order to keep in line with guide statements they may or may not even know exist or care about from decades earlier, while stating the universe has a center and an edge? All while never once stating the universe to be infinite in the series?
no, but in that case they probably dont even imagine anything more than a 3-A multiverse, at least knowing Toriyama. how's that a valid argument?

I don't know why repeating things more than once, when we have official guides stating, it's like saying Goku isn't Universal in a future saga where he takes damage from a fire hydrant.

Back