• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

This is more so that Goku can sense ki at such a far range, nothing about the ki of others being that large

Kibito's statement is about how SS3 Goku's power is able to reach the Kaioushin not that they can sense it from the Kaioushin Realm

Yeah this is an aura force thing (again not ki-related as I've mentioned before as it's referred to as power which is distinct)

We could apply this to other Buu Saga characters who're equal to or above SS3 Goku, with the rating "Massively FTL+/far higher with aura force/expansion/whatever" for speed, and "Universal aura force/expansion/whatever" for range

Gonna sleep for now gn

Yeah this is an aura force thing (again not ki-related as I've mentioned before as it's referred to as power which is distinct)

We could apply this to other Buu Saga characters who're equal to or above SS3 Goku, with the rating "Massively FTL+/far higher with aura force/expansion/whatever" for speed, and "Universal aura force/expansion/whatever" for range

Gonna sleep for now gn

Auras are accepted as the "explosive" type on the Ki page, if he expanded his aura that much with Solar System AP he would singlehandely destroy every sigular cosmic object(planets, stars, etc) in the universe outside of Black Holes

yeah but I'm not sure what to make of it

In the thread I linked above there's a distinction between power and ki, meaning this is not a ki expansion feat but more so an explosion like feat, where Goku's "explosion" or giant force generated after becoming a Super Saiyan 3 was able to travel to and reach the Kaioshin Realm. I'm not saying this is AP worthy for measurements since it didn't affect anything in that distance, but it is a speed feat since this is a force Goku generates that is THAT fast
Actually, AP-wise it was calced at around galaxy level, the calculation was also highlighted in this thread when @Antvasima posted it here months ago

Gonna sleep for now gn

Isn't aura a ki thing? Thus his ki attacks should scale to it?

If the 'force' of Goku's Ki could reach through the entire universe and effect the World of Kais then I don't really see the issue using it to scale his stats to it. UES and all that. He clearly has the level of power to effect realms and have it travel through the universe within a minute or two.

The only reasonable argument against it that I can see would be dismissing it as an outlier. And that's pretty weak without something to contradict the feat later on.

If the 'force' of Goku's Ki could reach through the entire universe and effect the World of Kais then I don't really see the issue using it to scale his stats to it. UES and all that. He clearly has the level of power to effect realms and have it travel through the universe within a minute or two.

The only reasonable argument against it that I can see would be dismissing it as an outlier. And that's pretty weak without something to contradict the feat later on.
Yeah, the toei website supports that as well.

should this matter:

The video is basically just the guy feeling incredulous over the Super Saiyan multiplier and pushing his headcanon on how it works. I can agree with his ideas (Super Saiyan should have been tenfold like Toriyama said, Super Saiyan has diminishing returns the stronger your base form is, etc) but it has no real basis in the franchise. Even the quote by Toriyama, that he shows, has Toriyama state that it is 50-fold and that he only felt that 10-fold would have been better.

So; neat ideas but ultimately baseless and contradicted by official sources.

I guess it can scale to physicals

I really don't see it as an outlier, these characters already far surpass the speed of Namek Saga SSJ Goku who is above baseline MFTL+ and the next arc over (while way more powerful) performs an even greater speed feat, crossing the universe and a structure that is a tenth of the universe in 30s, rather than taking 82s to cross just the universe

I guess it can scale to physicals

I really don't see it as an outlier, these characters already far surpass the speed of Namek Saga SSJ Goku who is above baseline MFTL+ and the next arc over (while way more powerful) performs an even greater speed feat, crossing the universe and a structure that is a tenth of the universe in 30s, rather than taking 82s to cross just the universe
Ki being a UES would mean to me that Goku's Ki effecting the universe should scale to his other stats. Including attack potency. Imo it holds grounds for 4-A or 3-C Buu Saga with a speed buff to boot.

Issue is I doubt any revision using it would pass easily and a previous attempt was made (that failed it seems? Didn't look) so the 4-A/3-C angle probably won't work. We'd have to just settle for a possible speed upgrade for now.

Ki being a UES would mean to me that Goku's Ki effecting the universe should scale to his other stats. Including attack potency. Imo it holds grounds for 4-A or 3-C Buu Saga with a speed buff to boot.

Issue is I doubt any revision using it would pass easily and a previous attempt was made (that failed it seems? Didn't look) so the 4-A/3-C angle probably won't work. We'd have to just settle for a possible speed upgrade for now.
He didn't affected the entire universe, his ki merely reached that far

Question. If that revision for spacetime standards were to pass would it mean anything for the World of Void as a realm that lacks spacetime but was given a temporal dimension by the Grand Priest? What about in XV/DBH where each parallel world seems to have its own World of Void?

Question. If that revision for spacetime standards were to pass would it mean anything for the World of Void as a realm that lacks spacetime but was given a temporal dimension by the Grand Priest? What about in XV/DBH where each parallel world seems to have its own World of Void?
Would become another low 2c structure and timeline would just get an extra space time

Uh, no, not really. It’d still just be space time creation.

galick gun doesn't even blow up the planet. why does cell get special treatment?
IOkgj7M.png

That depends, does it maintain it enough for anyone to scale?

Was playing Ultimate Butōden, looking for more visual representations of previously unfulfilled attacks, and maaaaaaaan. galick gun doesn't even blow up the planet. why does cell get special treatment?
Hyperbole? This is due to it being mentioned several times that Cell can destroy the solar system, not only in the manga, but also in the anime, guides, official Dragon Ball website, and games.

Just because he doesn't have the feat doesn't mean it's hyperbole

Akira Toriyama saying that his lines are not hypebole

Back