• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball MWI undoing continuation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my next thread continuing from this one will cover this universal model depictions btw, let's focus on the afterlife size part for now ok?
Isn't the current argument literally the model depicts it as half, so it's half? Dont think ya can figure it out without doing the model stuff first.

Oh, I haven’t said it yet, but while I still think the Afterlife is Uni size (again, Toriyama directly contributed to Toei Cosmology in the Afterlife-Buu Sagas with his CANON info, meaning that’s should be treated as objectively canon and valid for cosmology, as mentioned {and dismissed via reasoning I really don’t think means anything} before), but I vehemently disagree with using the model’s visual imagery as a “to scale” way to demonstrate sizes. It doesn’t suddenly become valid to maintain 2-C, and I was against it in a prior thread so it shouldn’t be a surprise here.

Agree with Afterlife being a universe: @LordGriffin1000 (agrees with a "likely" rating)

Disagree with Afterlife being a universe:

Neutral with Afterlife being a universe: @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus(says that he agrees with it being universe sized and thus with it being 2-C, but has not commented on the up above scan)
Based on the votes, would this be fine?
Note: The Macrocosms are accepted as 2-C due to containing both the Living World (DB's universe) and the Afterlife, a realm that is equal in size to the Living World (2 Universes), it being called "the cosmos" in guide books might also further support it. The Kaioshin Realm is also stated to be 1/10th the size of the macrocosm, though that on its own is not enough to justify it as a universal-structure
And if not what should be added and removed?

Based on the votes, would this be fine?

And if not what should be added and removed?
2 Staffs is not enough, more over 2 who agree differently (one only agrees with "likely" rating based on one scan "The cosmos title", the other on a solid rating based on other factors

Also btw none of them commented on the heaven scan you put there, that was defined as talking about the anime exclussively a good few pages ago

2 Staffs is not enough, more over 2 who agree differently (one only agrees with "likely" rating based on one scan "The cosmos title", the other on a solid rating based on other factors

Also btw none of them commented on the heaven scan you put there, that was defined as talking about the anime exclussively a good few pages ago
Omega, that's not how a crt works, everyone who agreed saw our points, just list and agree.

Only one more to go before this is accepted

Didn’t DDM agreed with 2-C universe? 💀

Omega, that's not how a crt works, everyone who agreed saw our points, just list and agree.

Only one more to go before this is accepted
......when two staff agree with different conclusions.......then one of said conclusions would need to reach the 3 staff vote mark first.....that is how this works

Didn’t DDM agreed with 2-C universe? 💀
.......yes? are you guys.....like......my dudes, please read the OP, it is right there lol

Has anyone got a handy TL;DR of both sides here?
BestMGQ made one right here:

not best at tldrs but I can just sum it up. Might not encapsulate everything but I'm giving what I can.

For universal sized afterlife:
1. Referred to as "the cosmos"
2. Must be at least universal in size to fit all dead people from past to present
3. Portrayed as equal in size to living universe on the map.
4. Heaven is referred to as universal in size in a guide statement that's explicitly noted to be anime only. (This is signified by the [A])

Counterpoints to above.
1. We cannot use our own universe as a metric for something drastically different than our universe and "the cosmos" is also differentiated from the standard "normal" universe.
2. This is just underestimating how big the universe truly is and if you had to assume a size then it could only be infinite in order to fit an arbitrary amount of people from the past all the way to the distant future. We cannot reasonably assume universal size because of a very large but unknown amount of people dying.
3. We don't accept the macrocosm being to scale.
4. It's clearly differentiated from the main canon by being marked as anime only.

......when two staff agree with different conclusions.......then one of said conclusions would need to reach the 3 staff vote mark first.....that is how this works

.......yes? are you guys.....like......my dudes, please read the OP, it is right there lol

BestMGQ made one right here:
Has anyone got a handy TL;DR of both sides here?
I'd also recommend looking at Chariot's replies too since he brings up good points.

Agreed, that's why I said "certain souls".
So, but that's only for hell and not heaven, To be clear, it has already been confirmed several times to be the size of the Universe, two canon guides to the source material and the anime itself which contains things from Akira Toriyama and the script.

Based on the summary above, I would accept the afterlife likely or possibly being Universal in size for the Toei anime version but not for the manga continuity.
I didn't understand this part, but are you saying that afterlife continues to be the size of the Universe for the super anime version?

For Toei it is clearly Universal, if we were talking about DBZ animation

What do I understand?

Dude, stop it, he's in neutral, since he agreed with another world being the size of the Universe, just put him out there, stop your attitude.
as i said, the poll is in regards to the cosmos scan exclusively, if he didn't said anything about the scan the poll is for, then i can't add him in agree for the scan if he didn't gave an opinion about said scan...........like, the section marked there are just text, the opinions and agreements they gave is what dictates what will pass, not where one chooses to put them in

as i said, the poll is in regards to the cosmos scan exclusively, if he didn't said anything about the scan the poll is for, then i can't add him in agree for the scan if he didn't gave an opinion about said scan...........like, the section marked there are just text, the opinions and agreements they gave is what dictates what will pass, not where one chooses to put them in
He clearly saw it, it was our first arguments, he even reaffirmed that it is the size of the Universe, I don't see why you're doing it.

And he also liked the comment on the image saying "cosmos", just stop doing these things.

Last edited:
Why am I just telling Omega to put DDM in the right place? That's no reason to, I'm just telling him to do the right thing.
I will not continue after this comment. You are derailing the thread, constantly trying to get Omega in trouble, for a complete non issue he has tried to fix, despite literally doing nothing wrong. Stop it.

I think I actually looked at the specific scan. The one that calls the "Living Universe the Universe and the Afterlife the Cosmos". While I don't really understand what really makes any major changes other than it is shown Otherworld still existing side by side with the Living Universe. Also, some people are taking a few things I agreed out of context, I agree that some of the visual components inside the realms such as Snake Way not being properly drawn to scale or Earth looking larger by comparison compared to the Universe map. But the body of spaces themselves can still be relatively compared to the other body of space; as in the entirety of Living Universe vs Entirety of Otherworld being compared to each other.

I didn't really comment sooner because it looked mostly the same as other visual depictions albeit with different people having different interpretations from each other, and some wording being a bit more loose compared to other examples I have seen before.

82315889-76CC-49FE-8E15-80C25F58BF03.jpg
I think this part qualifies for the Universe standards, but it’s stated that the afterlife is a contrast from the living world and also that it makes up the top half of the globe of DB. Also, I think it helps support the: “The Cosmos” name.

So, I think that the afterlife fits the bill for mirroring the living world based off of this statement.

82315889-76CC-49FE-8E15-80C25F58BF03.jpg
I think this part qualifies for the Universe standards, but it’s stated that the afterlife is a contrast from the living world and also that it makes up the top half of the globe of DB. Also, I think it helps support the: “The Cosmos” name.

So, I think that the afterlife fits the bill for mirroring the living world based off of this statement.
source and translation?

Sorry but what does it state here?

Why does it being called and treated like "a cosmos" matter, it's a non-size indicative term. I don't get it?

And that's still the model argument, which like, yeah but that's literally the point of contention.

source and translation?
The source of it is the super exciting guide.

The translation is pretty much this:

“A mysterious world that contrasts with the human world. A special place that only the dead and those in heaven can enter. The people in heaven who are in the position of managing this world are always keeping an eye on the situation in this world.

◆ The upper half of the huge globe is the heavenly world.”
Why does it being called and treated like "a cosmos" matter, it's a non-size indicative term. I don't get it?

And that's still the model argument, which like, yeah but that's literally the point of contention.
Cosmos is a common term for the universe, which I was arguing was a term that could be considered synonymous, as one of the qualifications in the universe standard.

Dude how is that that the model argument? I’m arguing that it’s STATED to be the upper half. Not that I’m visually looking at it and saying it’s the upper half.

Anyway, I think the afterlife fits the bill for being a contrast of the living world. Which is one of the qualifications in our Universe standards.

Btw if it helps anyone out I found a higher quality image I didn’t bother to get the rest of the scan translated.

IMG_4344.jpg

I don't think "contrast" here means what I think you're trying to imply it means by bolding it. That being said, I suppose the "upper half" of the globe might indicate it has the same volume as the universe.

So all in all, I'm ok with 2-C (2 universes) for manga due to afterlife + WotL + no concept of spacetime between dimensions in the universe.

Cosmos is a common term for the universe, which I was arguing was a term that could be considered synonymous, as one of the qualifications in the universe standard.
It's also a word just for space, and 99% of the time, is what it's actually used for. And also zero correlation with expanse.
Dude how is that that the model argument? I’m arguing that it’s STATED to be the upper half. Not that I’m visually looking at it and saying it’s the upper half.
Looking at the text, I don't actually see the word for half, just "upper part".
"上部"
Anyway, I think the afterlife fits the bill for being a contrast of the living world. Which is one of the qualifications in our Universe standards.
Except it most certainly isn't, even if taken literally, it still wouldn't be an exact parallel.
Btw if it helps anyone out I found a higher quality image I didn’t bother to get the rest of the scan translated.
What's the source as in, how old is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back