• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Infinite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw quotes of "Infinitely Expanding" as proof for Infinite Universe, since, well, the quote itself only shows the universe as a ever growing structure, but that doesn't mean it's already Infinite

That being said, I have no problems with the other scans, so count as agree for now

Bruhh, there is like three statements in the guidebook, 1 is infinitely expanding, 2 is infinite space of light and darkness, 3 is endless space; not just only the infinitely expanding.

Also for peoples who argued that infinitely expanding contradict something that is infinite then no lol, infinite isn't a number, it mean no end, something which already infinite can still continue to increases, expand its size/length/etc....

Anyway, i always agree with infinite universe for DB, but for someone for participated in so many topic about this, i'm tired

I never saw quotes of "Infinitely Expanding" as proof for Infinite Universe, since, well, the quote itself only shows the universe as a ever growing structure, but that doesn't mean it's already Infinite

That being said, I have no problems with the other scans, so count as agree for now
There was an observable universe, and the unobservable universe, the infinitely expanding referring to all the celestial bodies still being born, but there's actual infinite space which was backed up by shenron and other scans. Since celestial bodies are always being born.

If you read the scan it says that the galactic illuminations are infinitely expanding but the darkness beyond the stars is infinite and there’s a lot more scans of the universe being either infinite or infinitely expansive

To clarify you agree with a possibly for DBS and agree straight up for GT? If so I got to ask why. (Whether or not it's because you think Super possibly scales to GT cosmology or because you think the statements that Super provides is enough as it should be specified in the OP).
I think that for toei it is more supported, enough for a straight rating

For cannon db i feel like there is enough contradictions for it to not be a straight rating, but there is enough evidence for a possible rating

Continuing... Could you give your explanation, @Zamasu_Chan, I think she has weight here.
Wait, she who? Any-who going over the tings, I'd like to throw in my two cents.

I think the infinite light and darkness thing is pretty mundane to argue about. It's only another way of saying the universe is infinite, so no reason to waste time on minor details.

Next is the shot we get of universe 6 and 7 and how we see boarders on them. Yes, they look like they are contained in a "bubble" but you have to consider two things. A, we can't comprehend what infinity looks like especially artistically. They are drawn like how you'd see a typical collection of universes. And B, having spatio-temporal barriers wouldn’t contradict anything. Infinite 3D is always going to be lower than finite 4D so looking at it from that perspective, which I'm sure is the general consensus since we can't visualize space-time, should be no problem.

Then we have the center and edge arguments. I don't want to dwell on this, but imagine this. A big bang has an explosion radius of infinity. It has a starting point in the center and everything outwardly expands to an infinite distance unpon detonation. Looking at it this way is simple.
Infinity can have an end in the sense that you can traverse it in a specific amount of time. It's how we treat infinite speed, characters reaching the end of an infinite distance in a finite time.

And to briefly go over the super dragon ball radar thing, you can argue that it's range makes the universe look finite at a certain perspective because of higher dimensional range stuff, since 4D can make infinite 3D look like nothing. I can't go into too much detail cause I gotta go in a sec 💀 but you get the idea.

I think that for toei it is more supported, enough for a straight rating

For cannon db i feel like there is enough contradictions for it to not be a straight rating, but there is enough evidence for a possible rating
I don't think the contradictions are very strong, or even contradictions at all, a straight up rating seems a lot better.

I think the infinite light and darkness thing is pretty mundane to argue about. It's only another way of saying the universe is infinite, so no reason to waste time on minor details.

Next is the shot we get of universe 6 and 7 and how we see boarders on them. Yes, they look like they are contained in a "bubble" but you have to consider two things. A, we can't comprehend what infinity looks like especially artistically. They are drawn like how you'd see a typical collection of universes. And B, having spatio-temporal barriers wouldn’t contradict anything. Infinite 3D is always going to be lower than finite 4D so looking at it from that perspective, which I'm sure is the general consensus since we can't visualize space-time, should be no problem.

Then we have the center and edge arguments. I don't want to dwell on this, but imagine this. A big bang has an explosion radius of infinity. It has a starting point in the center and everything outwardly expands to an infinite distance unpon detonation. Looking at it this way is simple.
Infinity can have an end in the sense that you can traverse it in a specific amount of time. It's how we treat infinite speed, characters reaching the end of an infinite distance in a finite time.

And to briefly go over the super dragon ball radar thing, you can argue that it's range makes the universe look finite at a certain perspective because of higher dimensional range stuff, since 4D can make infinite 3D look like nothing. I can't go into too much detail cause I gotta go in a sec 💀 but you get the idea.
Typical Zamasu making better arguments in hours then I could in days while perfectly wording it moment:

Thank you very much, @Zamasu_Chan, you were very important and still will be, hope you have a good night.

This is important because it is being argued that the edge statement is talking about the "light side" of the universe and that only the darkness is infinite and that it surrounds it

Can you explain better? I don't see how this proves anything in this context

She says that she needs to go to the center to scan the entire area due to the size, if it was infinite thar wouldn't be nescesary, i don't see how this adresses the point

Makes sense, but I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't think Toriyama was thinking this far ahead when writing it.

Can you explain better? I don't see how this proves anything in this context
He's just saying it can have a center and edge and still be infinite sized.

She says that she needs to go to the center to scan the entire area due to the size, if it was infinite thar wouldn't be nescesary, i don't see how this adresses the point
I have no current counter to this, this is a solid point. If her radar can detect the entire area then it should have an infinite range. She shouldn't need to go to the center.

Pretty sure those points were already addressed to be the OBSERVABLE universe.
Yeah but here is the thing, there is no reason to assume that the super dragon balls only scatter into a very specific part of the universe, that is so small that is infinitecimal in comparison to the whole, saying that is an assumption that would require further proof

He's just saying it can have a center and edge and still be infinite sized.
Which confuses me, like i get that infinity can have an edge, but it depends on context, in this case, it is a 3D edge that could be crossed by doing finite movement

^ Basically this, it's all need just staff evaluation so pages doesn't have to be filled unnecessarily.
You are right, sorry ig

Yeah but here is the thing, there is no reason to assume that the super dragon balls only scatter into a very specific part of the universe, that is so small that is infinitecimal in comparison to the whole, saying that is an assumption that would require further proof
Seems like this was just done as a hypothesis by Bulma rather than something concrete as she wasn't able to find any anyways.

You are right, sorry ig
SPEAK JUST ONCE MORE AND...
Special shoutout to Me, OmegaBronic, LuffyRuffy, and Reiner for allowing this to get 4 pages without getting a single mod vote within the last page worth of comments 😀
2.5 pages worth = nothing but repetition.

Anyway, stfu you all with all these repetition for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back