• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returning to the main subject, what really needs to be done here.

By the way, the observable universe declared to have an edge does not contradict the universe with infinite size. The living world itself is stated to be infinite in size, but the universe is stated to be infinitely expanding and galaxies stretching to infinity and such. This is consistent because the outer reaches of the universe have no light reaching them, for example the planet yakons, and the rest of the living world or outer space is really infinite. So I believe that the living world being infinite is entirely plausible.

Returning to the main subject, what really needs to be done here.

By the way, the observable universe declared to have an edge does not contradict the universe with infinite size.
The statement in question never specified that it is talking about the observable universe

The living world itself is stated to be infinite in size, but the universe is stated to be infinitely expanding
if the universe keeps expanding than it isn't infinite

and galaxies stretching to infinity and such
show this

This is consistent because the outer reaches of the universe have no light reaching them, for example the planet yakons, and the rest of the living world or outer space is really infinite.
Planets on the edge of the universe still have light tho, also the universe is stated to have an center

I think DBS manga and toeiverse are pretty much set and dbs anime is the only “debatable” one tbh
The contradiction in the anime also exists in the manga

The statement in question never specified that it is talking about the observable universe

if the universe keeps expanding than it isn't infinite

show this

Planets on the edge of the universe still have light tho, also the universe is stated to have an center

The contradiction in the anime also exists in the manga
It shows a place littered in stars and the daizenshuu never calls it the “observable” universe thats the term we gave if you wanna go with the technically official name it would be “galaxy illuminations” or something similar to that

Luffy was referring to the illuminations being expanding

also for the center argument: Space is infinite beyond the stars and earth is shown at the edge of the illumination. Still consistent.

what’s the contradiction in the manga? That universe depiction argument may work for the anime but the manga shows the macrocosm map as the universe so there’s no contradiction and I take it you agree with infinite universe for the toeiverse?

It shows a place littered in stars and the daizenshuu never calls it the “observable” universe thats the term we gave if you wanna go with the technically official name it would be “galaxy illuminations” or something similar to that
none of this is relevant to what i said

Luffy was referring to the illuminations being expanding
and i was saying how the "illuminations" being the thing that expands is never said anywhere, it always uses the term "universe" in general, it never specifies any part in specific

also for the center argument: Space is infinite beyond the stars and earth is shown at the edge of the illumination. Still consistent.
no because Earth is said to be at the center of the universe, as in in general, the statement never says anything about it being on a supossed "iluminates" part or anything like that

what’s the contradiction in the manga?
Earth is at the edge of the universe, and there is no darkness and the universe has a center, if you bring up the separation of "iluminated" and "darkness" just know that the statement in question never specifies, so to say that it is referring to that is headcanon

That universe depiction argument may work for the anime but the manga shows the macrocosm map as the universe so there’s no contradiction
center and edge, that is the contradiction, the anime only has more contradictions to moot

and I take it you agree with infinite universe for the toeiverse?
cannon cosmology thread, make one for toei later after this one concludes

That is how the universes are depicted, regardless of whether one interprets their depiction as "a bubble with a singular galaxy" or "a bubble with a visibly myriad of galaxies and celestial bodies orbiting a larger nexus". The diagram Toriyama illustrated, which is used in the manga, is never seen in the anime. Rather, their appearance is derived from—or, at the very least, heavily inspired by—the concept of bubble universes. Although, to claim that the cosmology of Dragon Ball Super follows the real world theory of bubble universes without explicit evidence is foolhardy at best.
I agree, I think it's not only contradicted, but it's complete headcanon.

i mean, the guides are secondary canon here, for there information to be used it needs to be supported, in this case i am asking what supports the statement in dbs talking specifically about the observable universe instead of all of it since nothing in the statement says specifies anything of the shorts
Why are they secondary canon? Also you're steelmaning your own interpretation when it doesn't inherently contradict any of this information.

No, it's only contradicted if you look at it in an inconsistent way.
you didn't addressed my point, i pointed a contradiction, explain why it isn't a contradiction

Why are they secondary canon?
this is an accepted thing, the series itself always has priority over anything that just complements it, this is why WoG is secondary, and so are guides,

Also you're steelmaning your own interpretation when it doesn't inherently contradict any of this information.
what interpretation?

also could you not multipost if you are just answering me? put everything in just one post to avoid making the thread longer than it needs to be

I agree, I think it's not only contradicted, but it's complete headcanon.
so you agree with the point then?

You got the guidebooks, some in verse statements, and since some dudes love to use the same author or even some random author to downplay DB ... Koyama pretty much confirmed the infinite stuff when it comes to the guidebooks. That stuff is already better than the majority of the supposedly "infinite" universes.

Fail to see why this doesnt qualify for at least "likely infinite" or some shit.

A statement from a ugly woman who wouldnt even crack the top 5 of smartest on earth is worthless.

Oh and welcome to fiction - where 99% of the stuff cant really be modeled in either physics/fictional maths ...

and i was saying how the "illuminations" being the thing that expands is never said anywhere, it always uses the term "universe" in general, it never specifies any part in specific

no because Earth is said to be at the center of the universe, as in in general, the statement never says anything about it being on a supossed "iluminates" part or anything like that

Earth is at the edge of the universe, and there is no darkness and the universe has a center, if you bring up the separation of "iluminated" and "darkness" just know that the statement in question never specifies, so to say that it is referring to that is headcanon

center and edge, that is the contradiction, the anime only has more contradictions to moot
The scans in question:
Screenshot_126.png

"An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown lives"

THIS TELLS US THAT THE UNIVERSE IS INFINITE, AND THAT IT HAPPENS TO CONTAIN BOTH LIGHT AND DARKNESS

Screenshot_125.png

"Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years.. Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach."

THIS SCAN, WHICH IS LITERALLY IN THE SAME DOUBLE PAGE AS THE OTHER ONE, GIVES CONTEXT TO IT. IT GIVES CONTEXT TO THE INFINITE UNIVERSE BEING CONSISTED OF BOTH AN INFINITELY EXPANDING SECTION CONSISTING OF LIGHT: 'Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years..'

AND A SECTION BEYOND THE INFINITELY EXPANDING LIGHT, COMPRISED OF DARKNESS THAT IS IN ITSELF INFINITE: '..Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach.' - 'An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown lives'

Both of the scans fundamentally build off each other

And this is where the problem from your argument against them comes, Omega. You refuse to add 2 and 2 together, and that is the reason why you've been arguing in circles since this thread has started.

You keep going on and on about the universe having an edge, but that's not a contradiction! Because the scans verbatim speak of the Living World being comprised of both an infinitely expanding section, while being infinite in it's entirety. But do you take these non-contradicting statements, and logically apply them to the show?

No! You force a non-existent contradiction yourself, claiming that the Universe contains an edge therefore it can't be infinite when it's literally explained that that is not the case, and that any edge would refer to the infinitely expanding section of the universe. The fact that you haven't budged on this topic even when presented with these facts in nearly 2 pages is extremely illogical and is why I have stopped responding in this thread.

The Macrocosm map won't be needed in this wiki for much longer, that much is true. Because it should be replaced with High 3-A Universal structures.

And please, stop going around in circles already.

You got the guidebooks, some in verse statements, and since some dudes love to use the same author or even some random author to downplay DB ... Koyama pretty much confirmed the infinite stuff when it comes to the guidebooks. That stuff is already better than the majority of the supposedly "infinite" universes.

Fail to see why this doesnt qualify for at least "likely infinite" or some shit.

A statement from a ugly woman who wouldnt even crack the top 5 of smartest on earth is worthless.

Oh and welcome to fiction - where 99% of the stuff cant really be modeled in either physics/fictional maths ...
I will still bring the infinite Universe to Toei

The scans in question:
Screenshot_126.png

THIS TELLS US THAT THE UNIVERSE IS INFINITE, AND THAT IT HAPPENS TO CONTAIN BOTH LIGHT AND DARKNESS

Screenshot_125.png

"Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years.. Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach."

THIS SCAN, WHICH IS LITERALLY IN THE SAME DOUBLE PAGE AS THE OTHER ONE, GIVES CONTEXT TO IT. IT GIVES CONTEXT TO THE INFINITE UNIVERSE BEING CONSISTED OF BOTH AN INFINITELY EXPANDING SECTION CONSISTING OF LIGHT: 'Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years..'

AND A SECTION BEYOND THE INFINITELY EXPANDING LIGHT, COMPRISED OF DARKNESS THAT IS IN ITSELF INFINITE: '..Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach.' - 'An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown lives'

And this is where the problem from your argument against them comes, Omega. You refuse to add 2 and 2 together, and that is the reason why you've been arguing in circles since this thread has started.

You keep going on and on about the universe having an edge, but that's not a contradiction! Because the scans verbatim speak of the Living World being comprised of both an infinitely expanding section, while being infinite in it's entirety. But do you take these non-contradicting statements, and logically apply them to the show?

No! You force a non-existent contradiction yourself, claiming that the Universe contains an edge therefore it can't be infinite when it's literally explained that that is not the case, and that any edge would refer to the infinitely expanding section of the universe. The fact that you haven't budged on this topic even when presented with these facts in nearly 2 pages is extremely illogical and is why I have stopped responding in this thread.

The Macrocosm map won't be needed in this wiki for much longer, that much is true. Because it should be replaced with High 3-A Universal structures.

Thank you I think this explanation is something even a 5 year old can grasp

note: Since this crt became a staff crt to a normal crt this involves all 3 continuities now since we’re not dealing with justifications for the canon cosmology like before
So yes toeiverse is involved in this thread as dbs manga and dbs anime are

WoG is even strictier on this site, most of the time we dismiss it unless it is heavely implied in the main cannon itself, this is not just db mind you, but every verse on this wiki

says who on that part?

i don't how that is relevant here but okay

The scans in question:
Screenshot_126.png

Screenshot_125.png

see? this is what i wanted, people kept using an unrelated quote to prove that only the light part was described as expanding, this one is better

nope, it is just that people didn't brought that up and, for some reason, linked me an unreleated page, lol

No! You force a non-existent contradiction yourself, claiming that the Universe contains an edge therefore it can't be infinite when it's literally explained that that is not the case, and that any edge would refer to the infinitely expanding section of the universe.
here is the thing, the statement in question does not refer to any specific part of the universe, if you want to say that she was refering to just an specific part, you would need to show evidence of the show for it since that is the main cannon, we don't use secondary cannon to support an specific interpretation of a main cannon statement without evidence from said main statement, and even then since bulma was talking about that in relation to the scan for the super dragon balls, which scatter through both universe 7 and 6, she must mean the entire universe or else, if the universe was infinite, the position wouldn't matter for the scan since it would be the same no matter where she was

The fact that you haven't budged on this topic even when presented with these facts in nearly 2 pages is extremely illogical and is why I have stopped responding in this thread.
well i am pretty sure i did, at least i remember doing it

we shall see, for the record, i can see more evidence for it in the toei continuity, but i didn't said anything for it since it is an cannon cosmology thread

i can say the same to everyone else

I will still bring the infinite Universe to Toei
do it, i would love it

Thank you I think this explanation is something even a 5 year old can grasp

note: Since this crt became a staff crt to a normal crt this involves all 3 continuities now since we’re not dealing with justifications for the canon cosmology like before
So yes toeiverse is involved in this thread as dbs manga and dbs anime are
no since this thread is a continuation of an cannon cosmology thread, being a staff thread or not is not the problem, seriosly if you guys want a toei cosmology thread for high 3-A stuff just make one lol

this is an accepted thing, the series itself always has priority over anything that just complements it, this is why WoG is secondary, and so are guides,
It's not even a situation where the source material is contradicted, it's just the interpretation that it's a literal display of the universes and how they look is disproven by the lore. The view in DBS and the lore are not contradictory inherently at all, it's just you're refusing to accept there's a way to read this where you take ALL the evidence into account, instead of calling "retcon" whenever it doesn't match your agenda

It's not even a situation where the source material is contradicted, it's just the interpretation that it's a literal display of the universes and how they look is disproven by the lore.
the show itself has priority over anything else complementing it, that is how the wiki treats it, the lore introduced in super anime retconed the earlier macrocosm map lore and the "universe surrounded by darkness" stuff, as we can clearly not see neither when we see the universes from outside and statements made in super

The view in DBS and the lore are not contradictory inherently at all
yes they are, one in showing a completely different thing from the other

, it's just you're refusing to accept there's a way to read this where you take ALL the evidence into account
because this said "way" is not true to what the statements and visuals are saying/showing

, instead of calling "retcon" whenever it doesn't match your agenda
if it contradicts the guide, we say that it was retconed since the series gets priority

No, I'm saying I disagree that they're "bubble universes," I agree with the currently held view about the cosmology.
when did anyone ever said that they are following the "bubble universes" theory here?

the show itself has priority over anything else complementing it, that is how the wiki treats it, the lore introduced in super anime retconed the earlier macrocosm map lore and the "universe surrounded by darkness" stuff, as we can clearly not see neither when we see the universes from outside and statements made in super
Again, not inherently. They didn't straight up say it wasn't true, there is more room for interpretation than you're saying there is.

Again, not inherently. They didn't straight up say it wasn't true, there is more room for interpretation than you're saying there is.
they say they are the edge of the universe and that it has an center, not specifying any part of it while doing so

Statements don't contradict the previous cosmology, only the visuals here
"we are on the edge of the universe" "we have to go to the center of the universe for a full scan" plus the entire plot of bulma wanting to go to the center of the universe was to be able to scan all of it, which wouldn't matter if the universe was infinite since the distance would be the same regardless

also can you not multipost? it only makes the thread unnecessarily longer

they say they are the edge of the universe and that it has an center, not specifying any part of it while doing so
I don't think that contradicts any previous statements

Idk, the number line is infinite and it clearly has a center. Also, I don't think Bulma's statement really holds up considering that she gets immediately refuted by Jaco, and it's never confirmed to be true. I don't really care if it's infinite or not, that's not really important as it can be hyperbolic, but it's not inherently a retcon here.

for the multi post stuff, I don't know how to respond to multiple messages at once 😭😭😭

WoG is even strictier on this site, most of the time we dismiss it unless it is heavely implied in the main cannon itself, this is not just db mind you, but every verse on this wiki

says who on that part?

i don't how that is relevant here but okay

see? this is what i wanted, people kept using an unrelated quote to prove that only the light part was described as expanding, this one is better

nope, it is just that people didn't brought that up and, for some reason, linked me an unreleated page, lol

here is the thing, the statement in question does not refer to any specific part of the universe, if you want to say that she was refering to just an specific part, you would need to show evidence of the show for it since that is the main cannon, we don't use secondary cannon to support an specific interpretation of a main cannon statement without evidence from said main statement, and even then since bulma was talking about that in relation to the scan for the super dragon balls, which scatter through both universe 7 and 6, she must mean the entire universe or else, if the universe was infinite, the position wouldn't matter for the scan since it would be the same no matter where she was

well i am pretty sure i did, at least i remember doing it

we shall see, for the record, i can see more evidence for it in the toei continuity, but i didn't said anything for it since it is an cannon cosmology thread

i can say the same to everyone else

do it, i would love it

no since this thread is a continuation of an cannon cosmology thread, being a staff thread or not is not the problem, seriosly if you guys want a toei cosmology thread for high 3-A stuff just make one lol
What? What do you mean we’d have to show more evidence if there’s stated to be a light and darkness and the light of the universe is finite wheres the contradiction? I don’t see what you’re implying the sdb’s are also implied to only go to the living universe as they never go to the Kaioshin realm or afterlife unless you want to make that claim

Okay im glad to see you’re atleast okay with the toeiverse

Why would I waste my time making a whole new thread when I can discuss it in this thread? It was a staff thread regarding the space times and and stuff but that was changed as this became a crt for only infinite universe so the 3 continuities being discussed is ok and it’s already in the op

I don't think that contradicts any previous statements

Idk, the number line is infinite and it clearly has a center.
this is not a line, it is a full 3 dimensional space, to have a center would imply that there is an border where it ends for it to have a center, a infinite line would not have a center

Also, I don't think Bulma's statement really holds up considering that she gets immediately refuted by Jaco
she never is tho? jaco never refutes anything in regarding of the universe having an center or and edge, he only ever says that getting to the center is very difficult

, and it's never confirmed to be true.
she is reliable as one of the smartest characters in db

I don't really care if it's infinite or not, that's not really important as it can be hyperbolic, but it's not inherently a retcon here.

that line does not have a center, it has numbers where someone numerated it and decided a specific point as a center, remove the numbers and the arbitrarily center ceases to exist

for the multi post stuff, I don't know how to respond to multiple messages at once 😭😭😭
just click on the "reply" on the bottom right and then do it again for each post you will respond

What? What do you mean we’d have to show more evidence if there’s stated to be a light and darkness and the light of the universe is finite wheres the contradiction?
the fact that the universe in general is said to have an edge and center?

I don’t see what you’re implying the sdb’s are also implied to only go to the living universe as they never go to the Kaioshin realm or afterlife unless you want to make that claim
that is not relevant to my point

Okay im glad to see you’re atleast okay with the toeiverse

Why would I waste my time making a whole new thread when I can discuss it in this thread? It was a staff thread regarding the space times and and stuff but that was changed as this became a crt for only infinite universe so the 3 continuities being discussed is ok and it’s already in the op
now with that change made, we can discuss it now, seriosly what took you so long dude lol

the fact that the universe in general is said to have an edge and center?

that is not relevant to my point

now with that change made, we can discuss it now, seriosly what took you so long dude lol
I don’t see why the finite part of the universe wouldn’t have an edge and center but luckily the darkness doesn’t

I mentioned that because you said the WHOLE universe that would include those 2 and the SDB’s don’t go to those 2 realms meaning the sdb’s only go to a specific area in the macrocosm

Last edited: Monday at 23:22

Also I feel like you’re gonna say “it’s referring to universe in a general term” or whatever that means but the living realm for example can just be called the living realm or even the universe and the afterlife can be called he cosmos and the macrocosm is never referred to as macrocosm is referred to as a Universe or Universe 7 so it not specifying which area of the universe it is doesn’t matter because the light part of the universe could still be referred to as the universe and the dark vice versa https://i.imgur.com/nAFxWNx_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand but context is all that matters nitpicking terminology wont get us nowhere regarding the context and using supplementary material proves that it has to indeed be talking about the light the only way you could argue otherwise is the fact that it mentioned the edge and center of the whole living universe or universe 7 or wtv but you can’t just say there has to be only one interpretation when that interpretation isn’t backed up by any facts and is just an inconsistent way to say it’s contradicted when there’s no contradiction you’re just making one so all I’m showing is that the guides aren’t contradicted by the guides at all

I don’t see why the finite part of the universe wouldn’t have an edge and center but luckily the darkness doesn’t
how many times will i have to repeat this? the statement in question never says anything about the "edge" and "center" only being refering to a "finite" part, it is talking about the universe in general

I mentioned that because you said the WHOLE universe that would include those 2 and the SDB’s don’t go to those 2 realms meaning the sdb’s only go to a specific area in the macrocosm
says who that they don't go to these realms? we simply don't have enough information on them to say that they only go to a specific part of the universe

Also I feel like you’re gonna say “it’s referring to universe in a general term” or whatever that means but the living realm for example can just be called the living realm or even the universe and the afterlife can be called he cosmos
don't see how both of those example matter here

and the macrocosm is never referred to as macrocosm is referred to as a Universe or Universe 7
because it is a universe

so it not specifying which area of the universe it is doesn’t matter because the light part of the universe could still be referred to as the universe and the dark vice versa
prove that? you only gave examples of alternate names for the realms themselves, show me any part in the series where the "iluminated part" of the universe was called "universe"

https://i.imgur.com/nAFxWNx_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand but context is all that matters nitpicking terminology wont get us nowhere regarding the context

there is no context given in the statements tho, she only ever says "universe" while not specifying any part and as a general term

and using supplementary material proves that it has to indeed be talking about the light the only way you could argue otherwise is the fact that it mentioned the edge and center of the whole living universe or universe 7 or wtv but you can’t just say there has to be only one interpretation
secondary cannon cannot be used to force a specific interpretation of a main cannon statement, it needs to be supported by the series itself in this case, which the said statement doesn't give, that is how secondary cannon works

when that interpretation isn’t backed up by any facts and is just an inconsistent way to say it’s contradicted when there’s no contradiction you’re just making one so all I’m showing is that the guides aren’t contradicted by the guides at all
again, i am just using secondary cannon as how it is used

this is clearly going nowhere, so how about we just stop? you are clearly not going to convince me and i will not convince you, so we should stop this

how many times will i have to repeat this? the statement in question never says anything about the "edge" and "center" only being refering to a "finite" part, it is talking about the universe in general

says who that they don't go to these realms? we simply don't have enough information on them to say that they only go to a specific part of the universe

don't see how both of those example matter here

because it is a universe

prove that? you only gave examples of alternate names for the realms themselves, show me any part in the series where the "iluminated part" of the universe was called "universe"

there is no context given in the statements tho, she only ever says "universe" while not specifying any part and as a general term

secondary cannon cannot be used to force a specific interpretation of a main cannon statement, it needs to be supported by the series itself in this case, which the said statement doesn't give, that is how secondary cannon works

again, i am just using secondary cannon as how it is used

this is clearly going nowhere, so how about we just stop? you are clearly not going to convince me and i will not convince you, so we should stop this
I showed scans proving that the term universe or cosmos can be referring to things within Universe 7 and that even the Living Universe is called The Universe at times and that you Saying universe in a “general” term makes no sense and you haven’t backed up any evidence im just showing your faulty logic and I showed evidence backed up by scans while you have your own interpretation which has no basis besides trying to prove there’s a contradiction that doesn’t exist and im confused wdym you’re using secondary canon as it’s used?

Im just giving a summary of what I’m trying to explain to you but if you say I can’t convince and you can’t convince me how do you suppose we solve this? Countless staff have been messaged because they just don’t wanna deal with db me and Luffy pretty much dmed every staff and no response

Im just giving a summary of what I’m trying to explain to you but if you say I can’t convince and you can’t convince me how do you suppose we solve this? Countless staff have been messaged because they just don’t wanna deal with db me and Luffy pretty much dmed every staff and no response
welp, we wait, there is nothing else to do aside from that

I've been seeing you guys post many scans of maps depicting the cosmology, but what exactly is the chronological order in which one came first? (It could perhaps be helpful here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back