• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that Frieza massively massively upscales from other characters (he's at least High 4-C while the Egg Fleet is just a flat High 4-C), he'd probably be able to endure some of the weapons from the Egg Fleet before destroying a huge amount of it with his ki blasts. If he saw a giant robotic ship and army in front of him that he had to fight then he'd most likely skip the death ray spam and go straight for a giant ball of ki to obliterate it.

Just trying to prove that Frieza has win conditions so that the matchup isn't a stomp
Oh, of course, I agree. If he was getting jumped from every side, he'd stop using only death beam (Tho in Super he did use Death Beams that changed direction against a bunch of assassins). He'd most likely result to AoE after getting hit a lot. Only ones who arguably survive by eluding the attacks is Metal and maybe Mecha. And of course Eggman given he'd be staying far away and has teleportation technology and what not.

What's stopping Freeza from using his big dick AOE and giga ******* Eggman, the sonics, the fleet and more. Like bro legit has the AOE to hit then ALL at once, he doesn't need to pick and choose.
Nothing's stopping him. It's just in-character for him to not always starts with huge AoE. In Namek Saga he started with a Death Beam to take out Dende IIRC. And used his Supernova sparcely. in Super, he used Death Beams when being jumped by assassins that changed directions from each of his fingers. In ToP where the main goal is to ring out people, he hardly used AoE. I don't doubt he'd eventually resort to AoE. Just not before being hit a lot. And even then, the more important members worth their salt could escape his AoE attacks.

What's stopping Freeza from using his big dick AOE and giga ******* Eggman, the sonics, the fleet and more. Like bro legit has the AOE to hit then ALL at once, he doesn't need to pick and choose.
He doesn't know that the Metal Sonic's have speed amps to avoid all of his attacks. Some of his attacks also need to be charged for a few seconds and the Egg Fleet and Metal Sonics won't just sit there and let him

Personally, I see Eggman starting the fight by teleporting himself into space within one of his bases while sicking his self building armies after him. And if things go bad, resort to luring him in a trap to incapacitate him.

He doesn't know that the Metal Sonic's have speed amps to avoid all of his attacks. Some of his attacks also need to be charged for a few seconds and the Egg Fleet and Metal Sonics won't just sit there and let him
Does he though? He charges attacks so they're more powerful, but bro doesn't need to do that to wipe out like everything here.

Speed amps are good, but we're talking AOE that eclipses who planets, there's not gonna be much room to dodge to begin with.

Here we have Freeza, facing off against millions of foes, that he wants dead, he's obviously just gonna AOE them all.

Does he though? He charges attacks so they're more powerful, but bro doesn't need to do that to wipe out like everything here.

Speed amps are good, but we're talking AOE that eclipses who planets, there's not gonna be much room to dodge to begin with.

Here we have Freeza, facing off against millions of foes, that he wants dead, he's obviously just gonna AOE them all.
Pretty sure it still takes at least a few seconds for him to make an energy ball big enough to destroy the entire Egg Fleet. Don't see what's stopping the Metal Sonics from just dodging it with speed amps either. They might be the only ones left, but they'd still be there

He's refrained from using AoE as an opening move against people he wants dead before. Goku, assassins (That he killed with death beams), or when he NEEDS to remove as many as possible to survive, such as in ToP where he would've benefited from AoE.

Sonic character's CE generally scale to their Travel speed. Most important character's such as Metal Sonic or Eggman could escape a Planet AoE attack if they were required to. Especially when considering things like speed amps, teleportation, etc.

He's refrained from using AoE as an opening move against people he wants dead before. Goku, assassins (That he killed with death beams), or when he NEEDS to remove as many as possible to survive, such as in ToP where he would've benefited from AoE.

Sonic character's CE generally scale to their Travel speed. Most important character's such as Metal Sonic or Eggman could escape a Planet AoE attack if they were required to. Especially when considering things like speed amps, teleportation, etc.
One foe =/= literally a whole armada.

Not even the assassin's are remotely comparable. A more apt example would be Saiyan race, which, ya know.

And what's stopping Freeza from just like, doing it again? And again, and again, and even delving into Danmaku and multiple homing attacks?
Pretty sure it still takes at least a few seconds for him to make an energy ball big enough to destroy the entire Egg Fleet. Don't see what's stopping the Metal Sonics from just dodging it with speed amps either. They might be the only ones left, but they'd still be there
The fact he really doesn't need to? This is RF Freeza, not Freeza in base from namek saga. Even as far back as second form, he casually lit up whole planets with a mere gesture, zero charge required. This Freeza is legitimately totally incomparable to that, or dudes who casually wipe out planets with a flick of the wrist.

One foe =/= literally a whole armada.

Not even the assassin's are remotely comparable. A more apt example would be Saiyan race, which, ya know.

And what's stopping Freeza from just like, doing it again? And again, and again, and even delving into Danmaku and multiple homing attacks?

The fact he really doesn't need to? This is RF Freeza, not Freeza in base from namek saga. Even as far back as second form, he casually lit up whole planets with a mere gesture, zero charge required. This Freeza is legitimately totally incomparable to that, or dudes who casually wipe out planets with a flick of the wrist.
Saiyan race ain't really comparable tho considering they weren't jumping them and was only killing them because he feared the Legendary Super Saiyan (and Super Saiyan God if we go by Broly). He didn't want to take the risk.

I'll give you the Goku point. Though most of the time he fights Goku, he has multiple opponents. In Super, Goku + Vegeta (Though they were taking turns, so eh), in Namek, it was Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin. In ToP, it was what, around a hundred or so fighters? IIRC, each universe got 10 members with 8 universes participating at the least. Which should at least be 80 people. And rather than AoE like his life depended on it, he went on to fight individuals and use no AoE moves.

I don't think he's opposed to using AoE entirely. He did use it in Namek to put the planet on a clock, used it in DBS Broly to clear the clouds, and against Jiren in the manga, and just outright blew up the planet when he was about to die to Vegeta in RoF. But 90% of the time, he just uses other moves to take out hordes of people. Like shooting Death Beams from all of his fingers which can change directions or create cages.

it was Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin.
He literally wanted to make Goku suffer, he was systematically killing people to piss him off for the spirit bomb he took, before that it was an "honor battle".
And Vegeta he just did that because he wouldn't shut the **** up and was getting annoying.

There's other times btw, like when he immediately nuked a city on arrival in RoF.

And as for your Saiyan point, if Freeza was getting jumped by them all, do you really think he wouldn't just nuke them all anyway? Fact of the matter is he wanted them dead, and he wanted them dead all at the same time. He even sent out signals to get them to come back just so he could nuke them all at once. If Freeza wants whole swarms of foes dead, he'd just nuke them. Quick and easy, less issue, and has even done it before.

Tbh I don't even think the death beam is an option here, there is legitimately so many individual foes he'd need to take out that 10 death beams would be more effort than it's worth, it's not like he has a vendetta against them or is trying to show off his new fancy ki control here, he's simply up against millions of robots, fleets and more that SBA states he wants dead and he has the tools to make it happen instead of wasting a bunch of his time.

I see no legitimate reason why Freeza wouldn't just wave his hand and call it a day.

He literally wanted to make Goku suffer, he was systematically killing people to piss him off for the spirit bomb he took, before that it was an "honor battle".
And Vegeta he just did that because he wouldn't shut the **** up and was getting annoying.

There's other times btw, like when he immediately nuked a city on arrival in RoF.
Ah, forgot about the city nuking in RoF. Been a while since I watched the film. Though tbf, IIRC that was to gather the attention of Goku and his friends since he wanted to make a dramatic entrance, no?
And as for your Saiyan point, if Freeza was getting jumped by them all, do you really think he wouldn't just nuke them all anyway? Fact of the matter is he wanted them dead, and he wanted them dead all at the same time. He even sent out signals to get them to come back just so he could nuke them all at once. If Freeza wants whole swarms of foes dead, he'd just nuke them. Quick and easy, less issue, and has even done it before.
I think if he were jumped by a bunch of Saiyan's before he planned to eradicate them, no, I think he'd Death Beam hordes of them to teach them their place. Similar to when he was targeted by snipers in Broly where they foolishly tried sneak attacking him.
Tbh I don't even think the death beam is an option here, there is legitimately so many individual foes he'd need to take out that 10 death beams would be more effort than it's worth, it's not like he has a vendetta against them or is trying to show off his new fancy ki control here, he's simply up against millions of robots, fleets and more that SBA states he wants dead and he has the tools to make it happen instead of wasting a bunch of his time.

I see no legitimate reason why Freeza wouldn't just wave his hand and call it a day.
Again, I don't think Freeza WOULDN'T use AoE. I just don't think it'd be in-character for Freeza to open up with AoE immediately when targeted by people. Like the assassins. Regardless of the fact that there was significantly less of them in comparison. I DO think he'd soon use an AoE attack after taking out numerous of them with Death Beams and Melee. Though I don't think he's going to be taking out the important people if he does use AoE given Eggman's teleportation technology, and robots with speed amps that can simply fly away from the AoE. Especially when they'd have prior knowledge of the strength gap.

Wouldn't be hard for Eggman to also just lure Freeza into a trap and incap him for a win.

" I don't think Freeza WOULDN'T use AoE, just don't think it'd be in-character for Freeza to open up with AoE "
Just pure headcannon.
He destroyed planet vegeta by throwing a giant death ball to wipe out a intire race +his soldiers, why he would not do the same here?

Is this a vote for Frieza then?

" I don't think Freeza WOULDN'T use AoE, just don't think it'd be in-character for Freeza to open up with AoE "
Just pure headcannon.
He destroyed planet vegeta by throwing a giant death ball to wipe out a intire race +his soldiers, why he would not do the same here?
The two scenario's aren't even CLOSE to one another. One is an opponent he's forced in a fight against. One is an entire race under his command that he was afraid would become strong enough to kill him.

Ah, forgot about the city nuking in RoF. Been a while since I watched the film. Though tbf, IIRC that was to gather the attention of Goku and his friends since he wanted to make a dramatic entrance, no?
Maybe, but I doubt I really need to systematically list every time Freeza nuked a bunch of a dudes. He's up against an ARMADA, he ain't dumb brother, he isn't gonna just pick them off few by few, if Frieza was up against like a few dozen dudes? Yeah sure maybe, but Eggman's army ain' just a few dudes, if he did it the way you're suggesting, he'd be there all day.
I think if he were jumped by a bunch of Saiyan's before he planned to eradicate them, no, I think he'd Death Beam hordes of them to teach them their place. Similar to when he was targeted by snipers in Broly where they foolishly tried sneak attacking him.
That was 3 dudes, something he did, in part, to actually showcase off the Scouters and their ability to pick up PL and locations with precision.
3 dudes is not 3 million dudes, plus some ships, planes, and who knows what else.
Again, I don't think Freeza WOULDN'T use AoE. I just don't think it'd be in-character for Freeza to open up with AoE immediately when targeted by people. Like the assassins. Regardless of the fact that there was significantly less of them in comparison. I DO think he'd soon use an AoE attack after taking out numerous of them with Death Beams and Melee. Though I don't think he's going to be taking out the important people if he does use AoE given Eggman's teleportation technology, and robots with speed amps that can simply fly away from the AoE. Especially when they'd have prior knowledge of the strength gap.
Dude, he isn't targeted by people, eh's targeted by a whole ARMY, at once, with every vehicle, weapon and more pointed at his ass. It isn't like the assassins, it's like the assassins if there was 1,000,000x as many and they brought warships with them too.

And you have to remember, why would Frieza wait? Why would he go out of his way to kill them in small groups at first? It's not like he starts off fighting a handful and they just keep coming, nah, right out of the gate he's fighting like ten fucktillion and he knows it. He has zero reason not to AOE nuke unless he just wants to waste his time, and needless to say, Frieza literally murders people for wasting his time.

The teleportation tech, here's a question, how des Eggman do that? If it's the thing from Sonic Colors, why are we assuming Eggman starts within that particular ship? Also see below for energy sensing.

Wouldn't be hard for Eggman to also just lure Freeza into a trap and incap him for a win.
I think it'd be exceptionally hard to trap Frieza as he lacks prep and I doubt Frieza is just gonna roll up to him (Are we talking about the opening to Unleashed? If so that definitely isn't happening), as opposed to just nuking wherever he is (Freeza can sense energy in this key, he'd know where Eggman is, especially when he's like the only living thing here minus some literal rodents and birds within some mecha, which would still make him the largest energy signature).

The two scenario's aren't even CLOSE to one another. One is an opponent he's forced in a fight against. One is an entire race under his command that he was afraid would become strong enough to kill him.
He was barely afraid, it was more just an inkling of doubt and he wanted to be safe. He wasn't terrified, he wasn't "rushing", he was just like "huh, that legend might be an issue if true, better safe than sorry", and then he nuked them all at once.

Funny thing is, Eggman's army might be larger than the Saiyan race, iirc there was only a handful of thousands of them.

Maybe, but I doubt I really need to systematically list every time Freeza nuked a bunch of a dudes. He's up against an ARMADA, he ain't dumb brother, he isn't gonna just pick them off few by few, if Frieza was up against like a few dozen dudes? Yeah sure maybe, but Eggman's army ain' just a few dudes, if he did it the way you're suggesting, he'd be there all day.
To be fair, I did suggest that after taking out a few with non-aoe moves, he'd become bored and start AoE'ing them. But yeah. He doesn't have the time to take them all out one by one. Not even close.
Dude, he isn't targeted by people, eh's targeted by a whole ARMY, at once, with every vehicle, weapon and more pointed at his ass. It isn't like the assassins, it's like the assassins if there was 1,000,000x as many and they brought warships with them too.

And you have to remember, why would Frieza wait? Why would he go out of his way to kill them in small groups at first? It's not like he starts off fighting a handful and they just keep coming, nah, right out of the gate he's fighting like ten fucktillion and he knows it. He has zero reason not to AOE nuke unless he just wants to waste his time, and needless to say, Frieza literally murders people for wasting his time.
I'm not fully opposed to him using AoE. I think he would use it early on here. But I feel the reason he wouldn't use it here is the same reason why he wouldn't use AoE during ToP when his life depended on it and was promised resurrection if he helped them win. He should've had full motive to spam AoE to knock as many people off as possible. But he didn't. I think him starting with AoE is feasible. I just feel weird saying Freeza would start with AoE in-character without a shadow of a doubt.
The teleportation tech, here's a question, how des Eggman do that? If it's the thing from Sonic Colors, why are we assuming Eggman starts within that particular ship? Also see below for energy sensing.
Nah, the Colors thing is a different key. His ships have tractor beams that can teleport people across the globe. It should be in his Adventure tabber. Given he has a shit ton of ships and bases in space, it'd be pretty reasonable to assume he'd got here quickly given he's aware of the AP discrepancy.

Freeza can also only sense Ki. Eggman doesn't possess ki or a universal energy. Only universal energy system in Sonic as of now is Chaos Energy.
I think it'd be exceptionally hard to trap Frieza as he lacks prep and I doubt Frieza is just gonna roll up to him (Are we talking about the opening to Unleashed? If so that definitely isn't happening), as opposed to just nuking wherever he is (Freeza can sense energy in this key, he'd know where Eggman is, especially when he's like the only living thing here minus some literal rodents and birds within some mecha, which would still make him the largest energy signature).
Nah, not opening to Unleashed. More akin to what we see in the Sonic Mania shorts. He just ensnares people in a blue paralyzing power nulling energy barrier. As for energy, same sensing issue as before. It's ki reliant. Unless we energy equalize (Which I don't know if we do since there's no similar energy system that Sonic possesses except maybe Chaos Energy since it sustains life in the universe? But it's not like Eggman has an Emerald on him in this fight).

Given Eggman's intellect, it wouldn't be hard to casually whip up a portable power nulling trap to lure Freeza into or bring to Freeza.
He was barely afraid, it was more just an inkling of doubt and he wanted to be safe. He wasn't terrified, he wasn't "rushing", he was just like "huh, that legend might be an issue if true, better safe than sorry", and then he nuked them all at once.

Funny thing is, Eggman's army might be larger than the Saiyan race, iirc there was only a handful of thousands of them.
I suppose. But "being safe" sounds like a generous way to say a deep-rooted fear that it might come back to bite him in the ass.

Only a few thousand? I'll take your word for that since I really don't remember how true that is. I remember them having enough members to conquer multiple planets at the same time, but that could just be a strength thing.

To be fair, I did suggest that after taking out a few with non-aoe moves, he'd become bored and start AoE'ing them. But yeah. He doesn't have the time to take them all out one by one. Not even close.
So why would he waste time and **** around when he wants everyone dead and knows the alternative is a waste of time?

I'm not fully opposed to him using AoE. I think he would use it early on here. But I feel the reason he wouldn't use it here is the same reason why he wouldn't use AoE during ToP when his life depended on it and was promised resurrection if he helped them win. He should've had full motive to spam AoE to knock as many people off as possible. But he didn't.
The ToP ain't a good example, he has no idea how strong the vast majority of dudes are (most of which are actually stronger than his base), and he has to conserve energy as well and was even instructed to do iirc, in order to AOE the l of them, he'd have to unleash a blast so strong it would kill the weaker fighters (which is against the rules), etc. There's s many reasons why using AOE at the start of the ToP or out of nowhere is a very bad idea, if only because of rules.
I think him starting with AoE is feasible. I just feel weird saying Freeza would start with AoE in-character without a shadow of a doubt.
I don't, especially here, the fact he's fighting so many basically forces him to use AOE as a lead. He'd unironically be less likely to if he wasn't so outnumbered.
Nah, the Colors thing is a different key. His ships have tractor beams that can teleport people across the globe. It should be in his Adventure tabber. Given he has a shit ton of ships and bases in space, it'd be pretty reasonable to assume he'd got here quickly given he's aware of the AP discrepancy.

Freeza can also only sense Ki. Eggman doesn't possess ki or a universal energy. Only universal energy system in Sonic as of now is Chaos Energy.
So he has to tractor beam himself? Before Frieza looks at him funny? That seems pretty difficult ngl.

And I'm not buying that last bit, last I checked verses get equalized to have basic chakra and stuff unless noted not to have something like that.
Nah, not opening to Unleashed. More akin to what we see in the Sonic Mania shorts. He just ensnares people in a blue paralyzing power nulling energy barrier. As for energy, same sensing issue as before. It's ki reliant. Unless we energy equalize (Which I don't know if we do since there's no similar energy system that Sonic possesses except maybe Chaos Energy since it sustains life in the universe? But it's not like Eggman has an Emerald on him in this fight).
We don't equalize energy that are different, but that doesn't mean other verses don't get the minimal abstract whatever gets given in verse equalization, it's legitimately no different than how if Dude A with Soul Manip fights Dude B from a verse hat doesn't delve ino souls and stuff, that Dude B would still have a soul for Dude A to manipulate.
Chi, ki, chakra, whatever is a basic concept like that, not even unique to DBZ some people think chi is ******* real too like souls and stuff so...
Given Eggman's intellect, it wouldn't be hard to casually whip up a portable power nulling trap to lure Freeza into or bring to Freeza.
it would though? His intellect doesn't matter in this regard when Frieza can just point at him, the planet or whatever space station exists and blow it up without even needing to move.
I suppose. But "being safe" sounds like a generous way to say a deep-rooted fear that it might come back to bite him in the ass.
But it literally was? It only became a fear when it actually happened and he got his own head shoved up his ass. Before that it was just "this could be an issue, may as well snip it in the bud".
Only a few thousand? I'll take your word for that since I really don't remember how true that is. I remember them having enough members to conquer multiple planets at the same time, but that could just be a strength thing.
It is a strength thing, they usually only send groups of like 3-4 saiyans to conquer a planet. Iirc, saiyans just aren't the family sort or give a shit about relationships so not many actually have kids, Gine is a notable exception.

So why would he waste time and **** around when he wants everyone dead and knows the alternative is a waste of time?
Because he's a sadistic ****** up person. That's like one of his most defining traits.
The ToP ain't a good example, he has no idea how strong the vast majority of dudes are (most of which are actually stronger than his base), and he has to conserve energy as well and was even instructed to do iirc, in order to AOE the l of them, he'd have to unleash a blast so strong it would kill the weaker fighters (which is against the rules), etc. There's s many reasons why using AOE at the start of the ToP or out of nowhere is a very bad idea, if only because of rules.
He can sense most of their ki to get an idea of what strength they roughly have. He would've been able to take out a lot of cannon fodder with a good AoE without using up much energy. It's not like AoE takes up a shit ton of energy since they get thrown around left and right by other character's as a mere side-effect. Instead he systematically took out most people 1 on 1 (Can't remember if he did the same in the manga. I actually think he did use some AoE in the manga. Or maybe it was Frost? I can't recall).
So he has to tractor beam himself? Before Frieza looks at him funny? That seems pretty difficult ngl.
I don't think he's quite like Jiren where he can do eye blasts, no? And with so many other targets, it'd be unlikely he targets him specifically. Eggman's Egg Mobile also gives him the travel speed to escape an AoE explosion. He has flown into space with it before too IIRC. It shouldn't be so hard considering he'd have a whole army opening fire on him to hold him back for some time too. Also, does Freeza's travel speed scale to his combat speed in this key? Because I know DBZ for whatever reason has their flight speed listed as Supersonic, independent of their combat speed (despite that being absurd, but eh).

He should definitely have the time to get away one way or another.
And I'm not buying that last bit, last I checked verses get equalized to have basic chakra and stuff unless noted not to have something like that.
It's a case by case basis, and only equalizes two similar energy systems according to the SBA page:
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses. It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess. However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself.
Sonic doesn't have some esoteric life force energy that everyone in the verse has. The only energy system of relevance in Sonic is Chaos Energy, and Eggman doesn't have a Chaos Emerald since that could make this a stomp. So Freeza shouldn't be capable of sensing Eggman. And if for some reason SBA entails that he should, I do think OP should clarify if they wanna equalize or not since it seems weird to give Eggman a life force energy system when Sonic's verse explicitly doesn't have one. Which basically just means giving Eggman a handicap he can't benefit from.
We don't equalize energy that are different, but that doesn't mean other verses don't get the minimal abstract whatever gets given in verse equalization, it's legitimately no different than how if Dude A with Soul Manip fights Dude B from a verse hat doesn't delve ino souls and stuff, that Dude B would still have a soul for Dude A to manipulate.
Chi, ki, chakra, whatever is a basic concept like that, not even unique to DBZ some people think chi is ******* real too like souls and stuff so...
But like, this isn't an equivalent scenario. A more equivalent scenario would be giving someone a soul who explicitly doesn't have a soul according to their own verse for the sake of the soul manipulator. Just seems like a way to handicap the person for the sake of the other person. IIRC, it's stated in the manuals for Triple Trouble or some other game of that vein that the Chaos Emerald sustain life in the universe. It would entail that they don't have some life force similar to Dragon Ball, but one set of objects that sustain all of creation. So maybe you could argue Freeza could sense the Chaos Emeralds (Albeit I doubt it due to how different it is from ki), but would really have to give Eggman a handicap according to SBA? The closest we get to a life force in Sonic is hints at a soul regarding a few certain robots.
it would though? His intellect doesn't matter in this regard when Frieza can just point at him, the planet or whatever space station exists and blow it up without even needing to move.
Didn't Freeza only ever use that move once throughout all of Dragon Ball? To blow up Krillin, and even then only to upset Dragon Ball? He usually sends a large energy blast instead that could be evaded. Doesn't help that he'd be too busy getting jumped by speed amped Metal Sonic with more and more reinforcements constantly being sent in. Not to mention Eggman's already self constructing armies.
It is a strength thing, they usually only send groups of like 3-4 saiyans to conquer a planet. Iirc, saiyans just aren't the family sort or give a shit about relationships so not many actually have kids, Gine is a notable exception.
I believe we saw quite a bit in the invasion of Planet Cereal. We also saw a room full of pods with babies who were noteworthy, and that was just the room for important people and not accounting for low-class Saiyans offspring. I don't think it's super exceptional. I'll take your word on the thousands thing though. Though admittedly I don't recall that being stated.

Another thing worth noting is that Eggman can like instantly deploy a sleeping gas potent enough to knock out someone immediately for an entire day.

Also, does Freeza's travel speed scale to his combat speed in this key? Because I know DBZ for whatever reason has their flight speed listed as Supersonic, independent of their combat speed (despite that being absurd, but eh).
His speed section drops the "At least Supersonic flight speed, X combat speed" for just "Massively FTL+" in this key and onwards, so there's that. But idk for sure, don't scale DB

Because he's a sadistic ****** up person. That's like one of his most defining traits.
And he has absolutely no vendetta here and also kills people for wasting his time. Most of what's here ain't even human, they're robots.
He can sense most of their ki to get an idea of what strength they roughly have.
Except he knows they hide their strength? He's known that was a thing since Namek. Or maybe they don't and actually are weak? He has no idea how strong anyone actually is, if he kills anyone, oops your whole universe explodes buh bye. Then that also paints a targe on his back too, shit's just a bad idea in the context of that tournament given rules.
He would've been able to take out a lot of cannon fodder with a good AoE without using up much energy.
Including his teammates like Roshi who is arguably the most fodder person there 🗿
It's not like AoE takes up a shit ton of energy since they get thrown around left and right by other character's as a mere side-effect. Instead he systematically took out most people 1 on 1 (Can't remember if he did the same in the manga. I actually think he did use some AoE in the manga. Or maybe it was Frost? I can't recall).
He didn't "systematically" take them out 1 by 1, he was picking and choosing who he fought, that isn't the case here because he's fighting he whole army at once and SBA states he wants them dead.
I don't think he's quite like Jiren where he can do eye blasts, no?
I wasn't talking about literal eye blasts bro... was saying basically anything he does, even a gesture is enough (Look up Frieza second form's first move for a tame example). But yes he can, iirc he used them against Goku twice in base.
And with so many other targets, it'd be unlikely he targets him specifically.
That's LITERALLY who he wants dead the most. Reminder he's fighting "Eggman" first and foremost. The army is just a part of his equipment, but the actual dude Frieza is fighting is Eggman.
Eggman's Egg Mobile also gives him the travel speed to escape an AoE explosion.
Homing attacks. from multiple directions, what's stopping Frieza from just doing two ki attacks that home and pincering him?
He has flown into space with it before too IIRC. It shouldn't be so hard considering he'd have a whole army opening fire on him to hold him back for some time too.
Frieza literally flexes and obliterates the whole army. They aren't preoccupying Frieza for any length of time unless Freeza wants to be occupied but given there are ten fucktillion of them and he actively wants Eggman dead, yeah sorry lad but I don't see why we're pretending Freeza is gonna **** around like that.
They aren't even living things, why would he waste time "torturing" or scaring robots?
Also, does Freeza's travel speed scale to his combat speed in this key? Because I know DBZ for whatever reason has their flight speed listed as Supersonic, independent of their combat speed (despite that being absurd, but eh).
Does it matter? His attacks, combat, reactions and even his burst movement speed is more than enough. He doesn't even need to move from where he is.
He should definitely have the time to get away one way or another.
Unless Frieza nukes things before he gets to them by just collateral, or singles out Eggman and just nukes him, or if he notices he's ******* off, just throw a few homing attacks to intercept and make it impossible to dodge or any number of easy things.
It's a case by case basis, and only equalizes two similar energy systems according to the SBA page:
You're confusing equalizing two separate energy systems to be comparable and giving other verses basic stuff like souls.
Sonic doesn't have some esoteric life force energy that everyone in the verse has. The only energy system of relevance in Sonic is Chaos Energy, and Eggman doesn't have a Chaos Emerald since that could make this a stomp. So Freeza shouldn't be capable of sensing Eggman. And if for some reason SBA entails that he should, I do think OP should clarify if they wanna equalize or not since it seems weird to give Eggman a life force energy system when Sonic's verse explicitly doesn't have one. Which basically just means giving Eggman a handicap he can't benefit from.
Let me make this perfectly clear, do you think if a verse never delves into abstract concepts like souls, characters with soul manip shouldn't be allowed to use soul manip on them? hat's what you're legitimately arguing here.
But like, this isn't an equivalent scenario. A more equivalent scenario would be giving someone a soul who explicitly doesn't have a soul according to their own verse for the sake of the soul manipulator. Just seems like a way to handicap the person for the sake of the other person. IIRC, it's stated in the manuals for Triple Trouble or some other game of that vein that the Chaos Emerald sustain life in the universe. It would entail that they don't have some life force similar to Dragon Ball, but one set of objects that sustain all of creation. So maybe you could argue Freeza could sense the Chaos Emeralds (Albeit I doubt it due to how different it is from ki), but would really have to give Eggman a handicap according to SBA? The closest we get to a life force in Sonic is hints at a soul regarding a few certain robots.
Not at all, it'd be giving a dude a soul because it's the default assumption. Unless Sonic as a verse explicitly notes ki doesn't exist, or makes mention chaos energy is the only abstract force, then we have zero reason to assume in a verse equalized match that they'd lack something so basic as chi or souls or whatever.

It isn't a handicap, it's literally the bare minimum, and mind you, Frieza in this match is ACTIVELY at a handicap, Eggman gets prior knowledge, why doesn't Frieza? Eggman getting prior knowledge is actively handicapping Frieza by giving Eggman an unfair advantage and you're talking about Frieza being able to use one of his basic powers is a handicap for Eggman? My brother in christ...
Didn't Freeza only ever use that move once throughout all of Dragon Ball? To blow up Krillin, and even then only to upset Dragon Ball? He usually sends a large energy blast instead that could be evaded. Doesn't help that he'd be too busy getting jumped by speed amped Metal Sonic with more and more reinforcements constantly being sent in. Not to mention Eggman's already self constructing armies.
Bruh, I'm talking about literally ANY energy attack. But oh yeah, I forgot he has telekinesis, what's stopping him from just using psychic powers to pop Eggman like a balloon if he tries to escape?

Frieza could just use a super explosive wave or uh, the above Krillin tech you mentioned to bypass that speed issue entirely.
I believe we saw quite a bit in the invasion of Planet Cereal. We also saw a room full of pods with babies who were noteworthy, and that was just the room for important people and not accounting for low-class Saiyans offspring. I don't think it's super exceptional. I'll take your word on the thousands thing though. Though admittedly I don't recall that being stated.
A few dozen doesn't detract from what I said.
Another thing worth noting is that Eggman can like instantly deploy a sleeping gas potent enough to knock out someone immediately for an entire day.
Frieza doesn't breathe.

And he has absolutely no vendetta here and also kills people for wasting his time. Most of what's here ain't even human, they're robots.
Well, robots with living creatures in them anyway. I agree that he kills people for wasting his time, but that just fits in with him being a sadistic **** like I had claimed earlier. If he melted a Lieutenant for having bad breath, I don't doubt him singling out some people to strike some sense of fear into Eggman before using an AoE to blow most of his stuff away.
Except he knows they hide their strength? He's known that was a thing since Namek. Or maybe they don't and actually are weak? He has no idea how strong anyone actually is, if he kills anyone, oops your whole universe explodes buh bye. Then that also paints a targe on his back too, shit's just a bad idea in the context of that tournament given rules.
I think you misunderstood. I accounted for the fact they could be holding back by suggesting Freeza could simply hold back to the level of the weakest fighters and use AoE to harmless blow them off the arena. If he sensed people and they were weak, he's not going to use an attack with enough force to kill them. I also disagree that he cared about painting a target on his back when he was already picking out fighters individually left and right. And his personality sure didn't help him either since it got him beat up quite a few times.
Including his teammates like Roshi who is arguably the most fodder person there 🗿
That seems valid, though it would also just make sense for Freeza to target areas where his teammates aren't. Wouldn't be hard to wipe out cannon fodder with AoE while avoiding teammates when he can sense and see where they are.
He didn't "systematically" take them out 1 by 1, he was picking and choosing who he fought, that isn't the case here because he's fighting he whole army at once and SBA states he wants them dead.
Might be confusing the manga for the anime here, so my apologies. I do recall him picking off weak people with Frost up until his betrayal.
I wasn't talking about literal eye blasts bro... was saying basically anything he does, even a gesture is enough (Look up Frieza second form's first move for a tame example). But yes he can, iirc he used them against Goku twice in base.
Ah, my mistake. Was hard to tell since there are a couple characters who actually can use eye blasts like Piccolo and Jiren. Did he use eye blasts against Base Goku? If so I forgot.
That's LITERALLY who he wants dead the most. Reminder he's fighting "Eggman" first and foremost. The army is just a part of his equipment, but the actual dude Frieza is fighting is Eggman.
I was implying he'd be too busy getting nailed by the robots to focus solely on Eggman. You've got Metal Sonic who has a 346x speed increase that can statue people equal to him in speed on top of a metric shit ton of other militia who will be constantly firing at him. All of which are comparable enough to harm him.
Homing attacks. from multiple directions, what's stopping Frieza from just doing two ki attacks that home and pincering him?
The beams in question should be equal to Eggman's travel speed. All he'd need to do is fly away in a straight line to get out of range. Any curves the beams make to home onto him will just result in them taking a larger distance and thus lag behind something that has equal speed to them. He'd also be a bit caught up with all the robots attacking him simultaneously to fire any meaningful attack at Eggman.
Frieza literally flexes and obliterates the whole army. They aren't preoccupying Frieza for any length of time unless Freeza wants to be occupied but given there are ten fucktillion of them and he actively wants Eggman dead, yeah sorry lad but I don't see why we're pretending Freeza is gonna **** around like that.
They aren't even living things, why would he waste time "torturing" or scaring robots?
What exactly is the AP gap again for him to be flexing and destroying them? DB pages make it kinda hard to tell what value people scale to. Nor does Freeza actively want Eggman dead. SBA assumes they're in-character and willing to kill. Actually, double-checking it, it just says willing to win. So that's a slight lapse on my part:
State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle.
Outside of a few games, the robots do have living beings inside of them. Particularly Sonic's small animal friends. I visualize the match in my head and see Freeza taking out a lot of fodder to try and strike a sense of inferiority, or rather fear within Eggman. Though I don't really wanna keep going back and forth on this point since it'll just be ad nauseum back and forth.
Does it matter? His attacks, combat, reactions and even his burst movement speed is more than enough. He doesn't even need to move from where he is.
Because if Eggman flies away, he won't be able to cover any significant distance to catch up if he has supersonic travel speed. I felt that much would've been obvious. And given Eggman can simply retreat to bases in space and have self assembling armies continue to attack Freeza, having slow travel speed wouldn't be doing Freeza any favors. Especially since it gives Eggman to prepare stuff to fold Freeza more effectively.
Unless Frieza nukes things before he gets to them by just collateral, or singles out Eggman and just nukes him, or if he notices he's ******* off, just throw a few homing attacks to intercept and make it impossible to dodge or any number of easy things.
With Eggman's travel speed equaling his combat speed and speed being equalized, having a distance gap between them means Eggman can fly away from literally any attack. Whether that be AoE (He can simply fly away from the expansion of the explosion) or homing attack. If two people of equal speed and endurance start running, and one start 5 meters ahead, the person with the 5 meter head start will maintain that gap (Ignoring acceleration of course. But given Eggman's is practically instant, it wouldn't really matter).

Nor will he be able to single out Eggman when he's being jumped by speed amp speedsters. He'd be getting bombarded with attacks too much to even single out Eggman. He will be forced into using AoE, and Eggman will have gotten the chance to escape and has the speed to escape AoE attacks anyway.
Let me make this perfectly clear, do you think if a verse never delves into abstract concepts like souls, characters with soul manip shouldn't be allowed to use soul manip on them? hat's what you're legitimately arguing here.
I think if a verse never elaborates it's fine to assume they have a soul. But in verses where it's made specifically clear they don't possess a property, then yeah, I think we shouldn't give a characters who are soulless souls for the sake of verse equalization.
Not at all, it'd be giving a dude a soul because it's the default assumption. Unless Sonic as a verse explicitly notes ki doesn't exist, or makes mention chaos energy is the only abstract force, then we have zero reason to assume in a verse equalized match that they'd lack something so basic as chi or souls or whatever.

It isn't a handicap, it's literally the bare minimum, and mind you, Frieza in this match is ACTIVELY at a handicap, Eggman gets prior knowledge, why doesn't Frieza? Eggman getting prior knowledge is actively handicapping Frieza by giving Eggman an unfair advantage and you're talking about Frieza being able to use one of his basic powers is a handicap for Eggman? My brother in christ...
Hmmm, I guess that seems fair. I feel it's made clear though that if the Chaos Emeralds stop existing everything in the universe starts dying should be indication that it's the only life force system. Otherwise they would've continued to have life. I will look into specific statements regarding this though since Sonic does have some interesting implications regarding life force and what not.

It's quite literally only a handicap to Eggman. Just gives Freeza free sonar on where Eggman is and is unable to use it himself (Well, maybe? I guess if he had time you could argue he could channel it? not sure). I also wasn't opposed to giving Freeza prior knowledge. Though not sure what he should get prior knowledge on. I don't think him knowing Eggman is weaker than him is going to help a lot when he would already be able to tell through ki sensing (Well, assuming Eggman's ki would even correlate to how strong Eggman is physically. The implications of Eggman having Ki is kinda confusing).
Bruh, I'm talking about literally ANY energy attack. But oh yeah, I forgot he has telekinesis, what's stopping him from just using psychic powers to pop Eggman like a balloon if he tries to escape?

Frieza could just use a super explosive wave or uh, the above Krillin tech you mentioned to bypass that speed issue entirely.
I think TK is fair. I do recall him using that more often than the Krillin tech or AoE immediately. But it's basically the same stuff I mentioned earlier. Being preoccupied with being attacked and speed blitzed by Metal via amps (I'm not sure if we give Metal Sonic the same AD as Sonic, but if he does, it is a wraps for Freeza since a Metal Sonic on Freeza's level alone would be a GG in Metals' favor).
A few dozen doesn't detract from what I said.
Of course not, but I also don't know where the statement of the Saiyan race being so incredibly small and basically on the brink of extinction came from. Was it somewhere in Z or something? Super? I genuinely don't remember such a statement. It's been a few months since I consumed DB material.
Frieza doesn't breathe.
He does pant when he's tired. Which is just breathing quickly. As does Sonic who can also "breathe" fine in the vacuum of space and was immediately affected. Freeza breathes, but doesn't need to given his self-sustenance covers space and underwater IIRC (I do remember him fighting underwater with Goku in Namek).

Being preoccupied with being attacked and speed blitzed by Metal via amps (I'm not sure if we give Metal Sonic the same AD as Sonic, but if he does, it is a wraps for Freeza since a Metal Sonic on Freeza's level alone would be a GG in Metals' favor).

Most of Sonic's basic abilities (Homing Attack and Limited Instinctive Reaction, etc.)
Has the skills of the Sonic the Fighters cast, giving him the abilities of Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Espio, Bark, Bean, Fang, and Amy
As for how far that extends, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, robots with living creatures in them anyway. I agree that he kills people for wasting his time, but that just fits in with him being a sadistic **** like I had claimed earlier. If he melted a Lieutenant for having bad breath, I don't doubt him singling out some people to strike some sense of fear into Eggman before using an AoE to blow most of his stuff away.
Yeah, birds and rats, are things that aren't even worth the time to torture. As far as he's concerned they aren't even sentient. It'd be like tortuing a rock for him.

Like who is he going to single out? The robots? Why would he want to strike fear into Eggman? He usually does that to people he keeps alive, like Vegea, his soldiers, etc to prove a point, or as a means to get information like killing namekians s the survivors would tell information on the Dragon Balls.

If Freeza wants you dead, you're going to die. And unless he wants to torture, which, well it's Eggman, give one reason why Freeza would want to torture Eggman?
I think you misunderstood. I accounted for the fact they could be holding back by suggesting Freeza could simply hold back to the level of the weakest fighters and use AoE to harmless blow them off the arena.
And how would he know they're weak? Maybe they aren't and are just hiding it? (this was the case with a good chunk of them). Maybe the weakest is actually someone stronger from a pure PL level and by doing an AOE below them all he does is alert the whole tournament to get rid of him.
If he sensed people and they were weak, he's not going to use an attack with enough force to kill them.
See above, notwithstanding the weakest person there is his ally. i think anyway, pretty sure roshi was the weakest from a pure PL standpoint
I also disagree that he cared about painting a target on his back when he was already picking out fighters individually left and right. And his personality sure didn't help him either since it got him beat up quite a few times.
You just contradicted yourself, he was picking fighters out individually, but so was everyone. That isn't painting a target on his back, it's doing what everyone else is doing. But this isn't even a point of debate we know this paints a target on your back, that being doing huge **** off AOE, as Kale exists, which got a target painted on her back and even alerted Jiren to get her to **** off due o her going wild nuking everything.
That seems valid, though it would also just make sense for Freeza to target areas where his teammates aren't. Wouldn't be hard to wipe out cannon fodder with AoE while avoiding teammates when he can sense and see where they are.
His whole team IMMEDIATELY spread out omnidirectionally actually. Everyone went in different directions for the most part. Including himself, he didn't **** around with the earthlings. Bro was legit just biding his time.
Might be confusing the manga for the anime here, so my apologies. I do recall him picking off weak people with Frost up until his betrayal.
Which was just a ploy to get rid of Frost. Who he had a bit of a vendetta against.
Ah, my mistake. Was hard to tell since there are a couple characters who actually can use eye blasts like Piccolo and Jiren. Did he use eye blasts against Base Goku? If so I forgot.
Most DBZ dudes have it, even Goku has it it's just usually so much weaker than everything else they don't bother
I was implying he'd be too busy getting nailed by the robots to focus solely on Eggman. You've got Metal Sonic who has a 346x speed increase that can statue people equal to him in speed on top of a metric shit ton of other militia who will be constantly firing at him. All of which are comparable enough to harm him.
Bro, Frieza can legit flex and obliterate basically anything there. And mind you, "comparable to him", based on what? This Frieza fodderizes Gohan, Piccolo and Gotenks. just because they're the "same" tier does NOT mean they're comparable. Take 9-B for example, the low and high end f it is a 50,000x gap.

The speed is an issue, but AOE, danmaku, whatever, he has a multitude of ways to just make it so there's nowhere to even dodge. Like they might be fast, but how are they going to dodge when there's nowhere left to dodge without ramming into a giant few hundred km blast?

99% of Eggman's militia can't even harm Frieza, they're a nonissue.
The beams in question should be equal to Eggman's travel speed. All he'd need to do is fly away in a straight line to get out of range. Any curves the beams make to home onto him will just result in them taking a larger distance and thus lag behind something that has equal speed to them. He'd also be a bit caught up with all the robots attacking him simultaneously to fire any meaningful attack at Eggman.
Frieza then proceeds to notice he's flying and keeping pace with his beams and says **** it and blows up the whole planet because he's a nuisance.
And again no, why do you keep saying Frieza would be preoccupied with him, he can literally just flare up his ki and wipe out 99% of Eggman's army, 99% f the army is a non-threat, all they serve to do is goad Freeza into nuking everything to save time.

Though see below, that is actually not the case, combat speed get equalized, not movement (or well it does, but relatively). If anything I wouldn't be surprised if a Metal Sonic has to straight-up sacrifice itself to save Eggman from the hail of Death Beams if you want to go that route with Frieza's lead.
What exactly is the AP gap again for him to be flexing and destroying them? DB pages make it kinda hard to tell what value people scale to. Nor does Freeza actively want Eggman dead. SBA assumes they're in-character and willing to kill. Actually, double-checking it, it just says willing to win. So that's a slight lapse on my part:
**** if I know, I'm wondering why Freeza is even High 4-C to begin with given Gohan is 4-B in RoF (who Freeza one shots and cripples).
But assuming he's scaling to the Z High 4-C's, they can get so high in Hgh 4-C that they end up just scaling into 4-B eventually.

And lucky for Freeza him willing to win and wanting to kill overlaps.
Outside of a few games, the robots do have living beings inside of them. Particularly Sonic's small animal friends. I visualize the match in my head and see Freeza taking out a lot of fodder to try and strike a sense of inferiority, or rather fear within Eggman. Though I don't really wanna keep going back and forth on this point since it'll just be ad nauseum back and forth.
Yes so? They're small flora and fauna, they aren't even worth his time.
And you grossly exaggerate the whole "Freeza likes to strike fear" thing, he usually has an actual reason to do so. Otherwise, it's whatever, just depends on the mood.
I think if a verse never elaborates it's fine to assume they have a soul. But in verses where it's made specifically clear they don't possess a property, then yeah, I think we shouldn't give a characters who are soulless souls for the sake of verse equalization.
If it's actually elaborated such a thing doesn't exist, like I can think of a few verses where souls and the afterlife do not exist, such as Death Note, then yeah it's fine but if it's just ambiguous, unknown or not touched upon, then the default is they have it.
Because if Eggman flies away, he won't be able to cover any significant distance to catch up if he has supersonic travel speed. I felt that much would've been obvious. And given Eggman can simply retreat to bases in space and have self assembling armies continue to attack Freeza, having slow travel speed wouldn't be doing Freeza any favors. Especially since it gives Eggman to prepare stuff to fold Freeza more effectively.
My brother in christ... You just shot yourself in the foot.
Frieza, in this key has movement speed comparable to his combat speed and even if he didn't, he'd still have burst speed that lets him zip across a planet as we see in his fight with Goku.
But Eggman? Oh Eggman on the other hand actually has that discrepancy, his movement speed is magnitudes below his combat speed (which is what's equalized), meaning yeah sure he can react and throw hands with Frieza, but he isn't going anywhere by the time Frieza decides to lay waste to everything, and even if Frieza for some godforsaken reason decides to legit throw hands with every robot in his army 1 by 1, by the time Frieza is done doing so, Eggman may as well not have moved, that's how big the difference between his combat/reactions and movement is.

Eggman's own movement is billions of times slower than everyone here, unironically from his perspective, moving 1 meter would take like a year from Frieza or Eggman's own POV. Yes even with speed equal, as you yourself pointed out in the case of Frieza's movement speed.
Hmmm, I guess that seems fair. I feel it's made clear though that if the Chaos Emeralds stop existing everything in the universe starts dying should be indication that it's the only life force system. Otherwise they would've continued to have life. I will look into specific statements regarding this though since Sonic does have some interesting implications regarding life force and what not.
Why? It can sustain life, but it's not the only esoteric life concept. Like souls exist in Sonic do they not? (Which btw, souls are a component of Ki, along with the mind and courage I think?) It's no different how in Zelda the triforce sustains the world, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff like life force either, it's not inherently one or the other.
It's quite literally only a handicap to Eggman. Just gives Freeza free sonar on where Eggman is and is unable to use it himself (Well, maybe? I guess if he had time you could argue he could channel it? not sure). I also wasn't opposed to giving Freeza prior knowledge. Though not sure what he should get prior knowledge on. I don't think him knowing Eggman is weaker than him is going to help a lot when he would already be able to tell through ki sensing (Well, assuming Eggman's ki would even correlate to how strong Eggman is physically. The implications of Eggman having Ki is kinda confusing).
You misunderstood, Eggman having knowledge, is a handicap on Frieza. If Eggman wasn't aware of how strong Frieza was, would you really be arguing "oh eggman tries to escape the moment the fight starts so he doesn't instantly lose", of course not. Eggman having prior knowledge is the only thing saving him, as such, it's handicapping Frieza unfairly.

You're complaining that Frieza gets to use a super basic ability like knowing where his foe is as if most matches don't inherently have that be the case by default, while the only reason Frieza would NEED to know where he is, is because Eggman got intel that makes him leave to begin with. If Eggman didn't have intel, Frieza wouldn't even need to use ki sense.
I think TK is fair. I do recall him using that more often than the Krillin tech or AoE immediately. But it's basically the same stuff I mentioned earlier. Being preoccupied with being attacked and speed blitzed by Metal via amps (I'm not sure if we give Metal Sonic the same AD as Sonic, but if he does, it is a wraps for Freeza since a Metal Sonic on Freeza's level alone would be a GG in Metals' favor).
The Krillin tech is TK. Also, he's legitimately used AOE as a lead more than he's used TK.
And, again, Frieza flexes, they're gone.
Of course not, but I also don't know where the statement of the Saiyan race being so incredibly small and basically on the brink of extinction came from. Was it somewhere in Z or something? Super? I genuinely don't remember such a statement. It's been a few months since I consumed DB material.
Somewhere in Super? It definitely isn't from Z, it's post 2010 at least.
He does pant when he's tired. Which is just breathing quickly. As does Sonic who can also "breathe" fine in the vacuum of space and was immediately affected. Freeza breathes, but doesn't need to given his self-sustenance covers space and underwater IIRC (I do remember him fighting underwater with Goku in Namek).
He doesn't need to breathe, doesn't mean he can't. And well, he isn't starting this match so...
Also bro can survive as disembodied chunks without functioning lungs, he 100% doesn't need to breathe in the way a human does

Either way, I'm not buying any of this. You do you but I see no reason why Frieza wouldn't nuke the ten fucktillion robots, space ships and more other than false equivalences or just saying he wouldn't, especially when Eggman needs to do a bunch of extra steps to win as opposed to Frieza just doing whatever, especially with the recent light of Eggman's initial movement speed being sus.
As for how far that extends, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not very given Frieza's casual attacks can one-shot RoF Piccolo and RoF SSJ Gohan. I can not stress enough that Eggman is fighting a dude who at a whim could light up everything between Earth and the moon with attacks that annihilate everything they're coming into contact with, they'd be an issue, if they weren't blown away by basically anything Freiza does (for what it's worth, if Freiza wasn't that much stronger, I'd say he'd lose to either one with equal stats).

To save time, I'll just respond to the bits I still have contentions against. I'm agreeing more with you now.
And how would he know they're weak? Maybe they aren't and are just hiding it? (this was the case with a good chunk of them). Maybe the weakest is actually someone stronger from a pure PL level and by doing an AOE below them all he does is alert the whole tournament to get rid of him.
He wouldn't know they're weak. He would know that it is the minimum safest amount of power to use without killing anyone. But I can agree with the rest.
See above, notwithstanding the weakest person there is his ally. i think anyway, pretty sure roshi was the weakest from a pure PL standpoint
Can't remember if Roshi was the weakest tbh. There was definitely fodder in the tournament that basically did nothing.
Most DBZ dudes have it, even Goku has it it's just usually so much weaker than everything else they don't bother
They do? I hardly remember many people using it tbh. And if it's via ki, then it being "weaker" shouldn't be an issue given most Ki attacks scale to one another unless they explicitly power-up or perfect a move that scales way above their physicals. If it's not for that reason, then I'll take your word for it again.
Bro, Frieza can legit flex and obliterate basically anything there. And mind you, "comparable to him", based on what? This Frieza fodderizes Gohan, Piccolo and Gotenks. just because they're the "same" tier does NOT mean they're comparable. Take 9-B for example, the low and high end f it is a 50,000x gap.

The speed is an issue, but AOE, danmaku, whatever, he has a multitude of ways to just make it so there's nowhere to even dodge. Like they might be fast, but how are they going to dodge when there's nowhere left to dodge without ramming into a giant few hundred km blast?

99% of Eggman's militia can't even harm Frieza, they're a nonissue.
Well we don't know the value Freeza scales to, so I assumed he upscaled from baseline. If values were listed on the page it'd prolly be easier to tell. For an AoE attack, all it takes to evade is away from the expansion. Not to mention athletic characters like Metal scale to Sonic who can react to danmaku bullet hell. I'd agree a lot of Eggman's army can't escape that though.
Frieza then proceeds to notice he's flying and keeping pace with his beams and says **** it and blows up the whole planet because he's a nuisance.
And again no, why do you keep saying Frieza would be preoccupied with him, he can literally just flare up his ki and wipe out 99% of Eggman's army, 99% f the army is a non-threat, all they serve to do is goad Freeza into nuking everything to save time.

Though see below, that is actually not the case, combat speed get equalized, not movement (or well it does, but relatively). If anything I wouldn't be surprised if a Metal Sonic has to straight-up sacrifice itself to save Eggman from the hail of Death Beams if you want to go that route with Frieza's lead.
And the bots worth their salt escape the blast. It wouldn't be hard for someone like Metal Sonic to just fly away from the expansion of the Planet's destruction at all. Then they could go back to wailing on Freeza again. If Freeza just spams AoE attacks, they'd simply end up wasting their ki. Tiring themself.
**** if I know, I'm wondering why Freeza is even High 4-C to begin with given Gohan is 4-B in RoF (who Freeza one shots and cripples).
But assuming he's scaling to the Z High 4-C's, they can get so high in Hgh 4-C that they end up just scaling into 4-B eventually.
Maybe it got left behind after a CRT? Only thing that'd explain it.
My brother in christ... You just shot yourself in the foot.
Frieza, in this key has movement speed comparable to his combat speed and even if he didn't, he'd still have burst speed that lets him zip across a planet as we see in his fight with Goku.
But Eggman? Oh Eggman on the other hand actually has that discrepancy, his movement speed is magnitudes below his combat speed (which is what's equalized), meaning yeah sure he can react and throw hands with Frieza, but he isn't going anywhere by the time Frieza decides to lay waste to everything, and even if Frieza for some godforsaken reason decides to legit throw hands with every robot in his army 1 by 1, by the time Frieza is done doing so, Eggman may as well not have moved, that's how big the difference between his combat/reactions and movement is.

Eggman's own movement is billions of times slower than everyone here, unironically from his perspective, moving 1 meter would take like a year from Frieza or Eggman's own POV. Yes even with speed equal, as you yourself pointed out in the case of Frieza's movement speed.
Except Eggman's travel speed isn't billions of times slower tho? He IS billions of times slower on foot. But standard equipment is Egg Mobile which has Travel Speed equal to Eggman's combat speed. Hell, the thing kept up with Super Sonic flying across nebula's. Eggman would of course start in the Egg Mobile given almost every time we see him outside his own base he's in it. The "Superhuman" or whatever rating is in reference to when he's running. But it's alright to make that mistake since I don't think there's links in the profile for those instances. Though admittedly it is weird to give Eggman "Superhuman speed" for outrunning Sonic with a head-start. So yeah, he'd be able to flee quite easily.
Why? It can sustain life, but it's not the only esoteric life concept. Like souls exist in Sonic do they not? (Which btw, souls are a component of Ki, along with the mind and courage I think?) It's no different how in Zelda the triforce sustains the world, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff like life force either, it's not inherently one or the other.
If it isn't the only thing that keeps things living, then the Emeralds disappearing shouldn't result in everything in the universe dying is what I was getting at. And kinda? Maybe? I think hell and heaven are implied to exist in some sense. There are ghost fights. Tikal seems to be some weird astral apparition? There's soul gauges within the Arabian Nights book IIRC that uses "Soul power". But I can't say there's ever an explicit statement of a soul existing in Sonic or anything.
You misunderstood, Eggman having knowledge, is a handicap on Frieza. If Eggman wasn't aware of how strong Frieza was, would you really be arguing "oh eggman tries to escape the moment the fight starts so he doesn't instantly lose", of course not. Eggman having prior knowledge is the only thing saving him, as such, it's handicapping Frieza unfairly.
To be fair, I think even without prior knowledge he wouldn't rush in. He tends to have his robot slaves do the work for him. I think prep just lets him know to use incap options faster.
You're complaining that Frieza gets to use a super basic ability like knowing where his foe is as if most matches don't inherently have that be the case by default, while the only reason Frieza would NEED to know where he is, is because Eggman got intel that makes him leave to begin with. If Eggman didn't have intel, Frieza wouldn't even need to use ki sense.
I think Eggman would realistically retreat if his army was being wiped out regardless. I would say the intell does let him know that pure brute force isn't the way to go.
The Krillin tech is TK. Also, he's legitimately used AOE as a lead more than he's used TK.
And, again, Frieza flexes, they're gone.
TK + Ki explosion stuff. Not just TK. Similar to Vegeta's dirty fireworks.
Somewhere in Super? It definitely isn't from Z, it's post 2010 at least.
I'll see if I can find something regarding it. Do you remember if it was in the anime or manga?
He doesn't need to breathe, doesn't mean he can't. And well, he isn't starting this match so...
Also bro can survive as disembodied chunks without functioning lungs, he 100% doesn't need to breathe in the way a human does

Either way, I'm not buying any of this. You do you but I see no reason why Frieza wouldn't nuke the ten fucktillion robots, space ships and more other than false equivalences or just saying he wouldn't, especially when Eggman needs to do a bunch of extra steps to win as opposed to Frieza just doing whatever, especially with the recent light of Eggman's initial movement speed being sus.
Okay? Confused about the point here. Freeza doesn't need to breath, but he does. Seen when he pants in the series. Said sleepy gas also causes Sonic to pass out despite also being able to survive in space just fine. I don't know if the gas needs to enter the lungs. I think just entering the body will suffice. I don't see how surviving being cut in pieces means he's immune to sleep gas though. He def has good endurance for being able to operate while cut in half and clearly some level of immortality from not bleeding out to death, but it's never shown to give him a resistance to sleepy gas or anything like that

I don't think Eggman's win-con even needs him to do anything crazy. He can let Metal Sonic who can statue Freeza stall him while he creates some portable trap to seal Freeza in. Or send in some large AoE sleeping gas to knock him out for a full day. They can do pretty much anything they want from there. Freeza would definitely easily win if Eggman just charged in on Freeza while he was using an AoE (which would be exceedingly stupid on Eggman's part), but him retreating while taking safety precautions to stall him while he preps a rather simple way to win seems very likely.

Freeza has access to Telekinesis, Paralysis and it's IC for him to just kill Eggman because he has no interest in him. He also has great survivability and endurance, so he can survive almost anything from Eggman short of vaporisation and his durability seems to scale above his AP and he would also have access to homing Death Saucers, which could cause serious trouble for the likes of Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic.

Essentially Freeza is ridiculously hard to kill without a big AP advantage or hax and he's more volatile in RoF so he could end up destroying everything if pushed enough. As for Eggman, from what I've seen the main win con would be his sleeping gas but it seems to be close range, making it suicidal, Freeza could kill Eggman easily when so close. It also doesn't seem like the effects lasted for that long, it's hard to say.

From there the only thing I'm seeing that would make Eggman feasibly hold up would be Metal Sonic's Black Shield but I'm not so sure how useful that is? It doesn't appear to have offensive applications so Freeza could just, I don't know go around it and continue destroying Eggman's army and use his Ki Sense to locate and destroy him? Actually, that brings me to another point. What stops Freeza from just sensing Eggman's energy and sniping him? The only way of stopping that AP appears to be Metal Sonic's Black Shield but if Metal Sonic is already shielding himself and Freeza goes to blast Eggman with his other hand, what can Metal Sonic do? Does Eggman even have a way of reacting to that when he has no clue Freeza can sense organic life? I doubt he can survive it.

And no, I don't believe Freeza would waste his time with the Egg Fleet, Metal Sonic or Mecha Sonic. They're all robots. Even if he wanted to take his time with his sadism, he would get nothing out of machines. He's going to fight with them for a bit, get bored and then go directly after Eggman.

Right now I'm leaning to Freeza. 4-C Eggman just doesn't really seem to have much w/o preptime that can answer Freeza.

He wouldn't know they're weak. He would know that it is the minimum safest amount of power to use without killing anyone. But I can agree with the rest.
See Kale, see Roshi, see way too many variables, risk of death, etc, there's legitimately multiple in-universe reasons why he wouldn't, the fact we're still on this is baffling.
Can't remember if Roshi was the weakest tbh. There was definitely fodder in the tournament that basically did nothing.
He was, he had to make up for it with skill and hax. I think Krillin might have been second weakest too? Or at least bottom few.
They do? I hardly remember many people using it tbh. And if it's via ki, then it being "weaker" shouldn't be an issue given most Ki attacks scale to one another unless they explicitly power-up or perfect a move that scales way above their physicals. If it's not for that reason, then I'll take your word for it again.
Yeah? They do, explicitly, Goku for example used it when making Vegeta's grave on Namek. And why are you telling me this? I don't make the rules, the attack just isn't that strong compared to others.
Well we don't know the value Freeza scales to, so I assumed he upscaled from baseline. If values were listed on the page it'd prolly be easier to tell.
We don't know the value he scales too, but we know what values he doesn't scale too. he's stronger than Piccolo, Tagoma and SSJ1 Gohan, the weakest person here alone is within the foe range (Even back in Buu Saga Piccolo was around 1 foe). Assuming Gohan's base and Piccolo in RoF were about even, that'd make SSJ1 Gohan like 50foe due to SSJ multipliers, and Frieza can one shot him. Tagoma could fight SSJ1 Gotens too iirc.
For an AoE attack, all it takes to evade is away from the expansion. Not to mention athletic characters like Metal scale to Sonic who can react to danmaku bullet hell. I'd agree a lot of Eggman's army can't escape that though.
Yeah no, you don't understand, it's not "an" AOE attack, it's "however many Frieza wants". If he throws like ten planet-sized explosions, or a hundred, where are they going to dodge? It's not danmaku with gaps, it's danmaku with explosions so huge that they overlap and they can't move anywhere without flying through said blasts.

If Frieza doesn't want them to dodge, they aren't dodging. He has the tools here, and he isn't so dumb as to no use them when at speed disadvantage, he knows full well that against fast foes he should lmit their ability to move and dodge.
And the bots worth their salt escape the blast. It wouldn't be hard for someone like Metal Sonic to just fly away from the expansion of the Planet's destruction at all. Then they could go back to wailing on Freeza again. If Freeza just spams AoE attacks, they'd simply end up wasting their ki. Tiring themself.

Literally only Metal Sonic here is a potential threat, not even Mecha Sonic. It's a singular, problematic bot. Again, what makes you think he can only do one at a time? We see multiple times throughout DBZ he can unleash numerous attacks at once? What's stopping him just unleashing a handful of huge AOE attacks that makes it so they don't have anywhere to dodge? Literally nothing at all.
And nah, bro is so much stronger he'd have to unleash thousands and thousands to tire himself out.
Except Eggman's travel speed isn't billions of times slower tho? He IS billions of times slower on foot. But standard equipment is Egg Mobile which has Travel Speed equal to Eggman's combat speed. Hell, the thing kept up with Super Sonic flying across nebula's. Eggman would of course start in the Egg Mobile given almost every time we see him outside his own base he's in it. The "Superhuman" or whatever rating is in reference to when he's running. But it's alright to make that mistake since I don't think there's links in the profile for those instances. Though admittedly it is weird to give Eggman "Superhuman speed" for outrunning Sonic with a head-start. So yeah, he'd be able to flee quite easily.
Yeah sorry lad, but where does it say he starts in a vehicle? He doesn't, he starts on foot just like literally any other character in a match. He has that stuff in his equipment yes, but where does it say he starts in it? By your logic he starts in everything at once because it's his standard equipment.

I know what it's in reference to, and I'm saying he starts on foot like everyone else ever unless specified, that's what his key is for, that's what Frieza is fighting, just because Eggman has access to it doesn't mean he starts in it. If you have contention with it, take it up with basically every preceding vs match to ever exist.
If it isn't the only thing that keeps things living, then the Emeralds disappearing shouldn't result in everything in the universe dying is what I was getting at. And kinda? Maybe? I think hell and heaven are implied to exist in some sense. There are ghost fights. Tikal seems to be some weird astral apparition? There's soul gauges within the Arabian Nights book IIRC that uses "Soul power". But I can't say there's ever an explicit statement of a soul existing in Sonic or anything.
Soul Power, aka a thing that isn't Chaos Energy. Good enough to show that Chaos Energy isn't the only abstract power source. And yes, everything you just mentioned would be evidence for souls existing.
To be fair, I think even without prior knowledge he wouldn't rush in. He tends to have his robot slaves do the work for him. I think prep just lets him know to use incap options faster.
He doesn't get prep, he just knows. And the only reason this is even a debate is because of the argument Eggman pisses off immediately if he didn't he'd be taken out by any attack immediately.
I think Eggman would realistically retreat if his army was being wiped out regardless. I would say the intell does let him know that pure brute force isn't the way to go.
He would be part of what gets wiped out if he didn't retreat right away. Why do you keep acting like Frieza is killing everything BUT the dude he's supposed to kill.
TK + Ki explosion stuff. Not just TK. Similar to Vegeta's dirty fireworks.
Basically everything ever is Ki, thought that spoke for itself, a lot of Frieza's TK attacks have Ki built-in, like that lightball attack too.
I'll see if I can find something regarding it. Do you remember if it was in the anime or manga?
Manga. I want to say Jaco or Minus but I'm not sure?
Okay? Confused about the point here. Freeza doesn't need to breath, but he does. Seen when he pants in the series. Said sleepy gas also causes Sonic to pass out despite also being able to survive in space just fine. I don't know if the gas needs to enter the lungs. I think just entering the body will suffice. I don't see how surviving being cut in pieces means he's immune to sleep gas though. He def has good endurance for being able to operate while cut in half and clearly some level of immortality from not bleeding out to death, but it's never shown to give him a resistance to sleepy gas or anything like that
The point is Frieza ain' gnna star panting, the literal only time anything even resembling breathing has occured. Something I'd even argue isn't him actually breathig but rather a way to convey bro's just exhausted. In fact, you could argue he's merely exhaling, not inhaling, given we know he doesn't actually need to inhale.
The gas needs to enter the lungs, otherwise how is it going to be transmitted to the blood and bran and stuff?
It shows that Frieza being cut in half didn't need to breath, even while on earh (see when Pilaf brought him back). Frieza despite being on earth, didn't need to breath either.
I don't think Eggman's win-con even needs him to do anything crazy.
Eggman needs to take like ten extra steps to win. Frieza needs to flex his ki once without ever moving, or just throw a spray of homing ki attacks.
He can let Metal Sonic who can statue Freeza stall him while he creates some portable trap to seal Freeza in.
Metal Sonic would be too busy trying to save Eggman from the AOE or multiple homing giga attacks, or the numerous homing attacks with tremendous AOE coming at him from multiple directions because be real, Frieza isn't just gonna stand there and let himself get wailed (That's assuming he could even get close at first, Frieza could use an explosive wave).
Or send in some large AoE sleeping gas to knock him out for a full day.
Literally doesn't need to breathe.
They can do pretty much anything they want from there. Freeza would definitely easily win if Eggman just charged in on Freeza while he was using an AoE (which would be exceedingly stupid on Eggman's part), but him retreating while taking safety precautions to stall him while he preps a rather simple way to win seems very likely.
Yeah hard disagree, you kinda just proved my point, Eggman needs to take all these extra steps to win, while Frieza just needs to flex or wave his hand. With the only argument stopping this is that Frieza just wouldn't do that, despite the fact he's done so before, in situations with even less numbers here.

I am voting Frieza.
Until this match gets veto'd because the reason he's High 4-C, is for one shotting 4-B's, so yeah, bit of a fucky there

I am voting Frieza.
Until this match gets veto'd because the reason he's High 4-C, is for one shotting 4-B's, so yeah, bit of a fucky there
Well Eggman still has a hax advantage and would probably be one shot by a Frieza that massively upscales from other High 4-C characters so he probably has enough win cons for it to not be considered a stomp even if Frieza gets changed to 4-B

Eggboi gets scrambled, here. Freeza ftw.

Also, why are things being suddenly censored?
Something to do with google ads and what not. You can still say **** and won't get in trouble, it's just censored so shit pops up in google searches and can have ads.

Will respond later, vs wiki might finally be working again. For some reason I was unable to send messages for a long ass time. Not sure what happened.

Edit: Oh, thank god. The message went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back