• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Down to the bones! (Papyrus vs Dry Bones) (6-7-0)

koopa3144

He/Him
Might write a story for this later.

• Fight takes place in a Ghost House
  • Distance is 10 meters
  • Dry Bones has wings and all Optional Equipment except the Ally Phone (3-C summoning would be a tad bit unfair)
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else
THE GREAT PAPYRUS: 6

Fabulous Papyrus - UNDERTALE-The Game Photo (39127028) - Fanpop
Bone Turtle: 7

89px-DryBonesAwards1.gif
Revenant (Incon): 0

Doot Doot | Doom | Know Your Meme

Last edited:
Papyrus FRA. I don't recall Dry Bones being particularly skilled unlike Pap who is considered a top tier warrior from Undyne who constantly trains to take on humans and is the leader of the Royal Guards, and while his attacks aren't particularly hard compared to the likes of Sans and Undyne, they're still something Dry Bones hasn't really dealt with before.

Plus he he's superior in almost every stats-wise.

I don't recall Dry Bones being particularly skilled unlike Pap who is considered a top tier warrior from Undyne who constantly trains to take on humans and is the leader of the Royal Guards,
Dry Bones can match the likes of Mario in games of go-karting, baseball, soccer, tennis and even Olympic sports. Dry Bones has also participated in many Mario Party Minigames in which they show proficiency in swords, boomerangs, driving various vehicles, lassos and probably more that I'm forgetting.
while his attacks aren't particularly hard compared to the likes of Sans and Undyne, they're still something Dry Bones hasn't really dealt with before.
Dry Bone does have experience maneuvering around projectiles as seen in various MP minigames. Dry Bones can also use it's flight and Zone Speed to dodge Papys bones.

Dry Bones can match the likes of Mario in games of go-karting, baseball, soccer, tennis and even Olympic sports. Dry Bones has also participated in many Mario Party Minigames in which they show proficiency in swords, boomerangs, driving various vehicles, lassos and probably more that I'm forgetting.
Issue is that those are barely in combat situation. They're literally in games, not a real fightning thing.
Dry Bone does have experience maneuvering around projectiles as seen in various MP minigames.
Such as? I'd like so see some.
Dry Bones can also use it's flight and Zone Speed to dodge Papys bones.
That's kinda fair, though gravity hax greatly limits that.

Such as? I'd like so see some.
StratosFEAR!, Fuzzy Flight School, Gridiron Gauntlet, Bridge Work, Superstar Showdown, Get Over It, Take Me Ohm, Lava or Leave 'Em, Thrash 'n' Crash, and Gun the Runner.
Issue is that those are barely in combat situation. They're literally in games, not a real fightning thing.
Fair ig, although that doesn't change the fact that they show proficiency with many different weapons and vehicles and that they can challenge peps like Mario and Bowser in these minigames and sports.
That's kinda fair, though gravity hax greatly limits that.
True, however even while grounded they can still use Zone speed to slow their perception and dodge Papy's bones. They could also disassemble themselves making them harder to hit.

Fair then, Papyrus' danmaku is definitely within that level.
Fair ig, although that doesn't change the fact that they show proficiency with many different weapons and vehicles and that they can challenge peps like Mario and Bowser in these minigames and sports.
Yeah but it's still for a sport than for a real fighting thing. Undyne is 24/7 on training to take on humans and is trained from Asgore who survived a war against them, and calls Papyrus one of the best ones.
True, however even while grounded they can still use Zone speed to slow their perception and dodge Papy's bones. They could also disassemble themselves making them harder to hit.
Issue it's that those bones are already anywhere on the battlefield, it'd be a bit hard to focus on all of those.

Yeah but it's still for a sport than for a real fighting thing. Undyne is 24/7 on training to take on humans and is trained from Asgore who survived a war against them, and calls Papyrus one of the best ones.
I mean there are a few minigames with direct combat like Slaparazzi, Train in Pain, Think Tank, Spider Stomp, and a few more I'm probably forgetting. Also, in Mario Strikers they play Strike which is an extreme variant of association football which allows headbutting, kicking, and other combat techniques.
Issue it's that those bones are already anywhere on the battlefield, it'd be a bit hard to focus on all of those.
If DB is getting overwhelmed by bones they can teleport away or disassemble and move their body parts to a better position.

i think papyrus can get used dry bones teleportation rather quickly since he is brother whit sans (which teleports a lot), and uses his gravity maip and soul hax to stomp dry bones

i think papyrus can get used dry bones teleportation rather quickly since he is brother whit sans (which teleports a lot),
While sans does use teleportation a lot I'm like 90% sure that they have never fought in cannon, so Papy doesn't have experience actually fighting someone with teleportation.
and uses his gravity maip and soul hax to stomp dry bones
Dry Bone does have experience maneuvering around projectiles as seen in various MP minigames. Dry Bones can also use it's flight and Zone Speed to dodge Papys bones.

Personally, I think DB takes this more often than not for a few reasons.
  • The AP difference isn't that big. (0.71 Tons of TNT vs 0.89 Tons)
  • They have plenty of experience dodging projectiles (see here) that combined with their flight, Zone Speed, acrobatics and their ability to disassemble themselves means they shouldn't have a hard time dodging Pap's danmaku.
  • They can easily create more DB's.
  • They can simply turn Papyrus to stone although they dont lead with this often.
  • They can go invisible with the Magic Orb.
  • They can summon a gust of wind to trip up Papyrus or slow him down with a poison mushroom.
So I will be voting Dry Bones for the reasons I just listed and the ones above.

Back