• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homelander vs COOLSKELETON95 (7-0-0) GRACE

King_Dom470

He/Him
The Rules:
Speed equalized
Battle takes place in snowdin
SBA for everything else

Papyrus Fanart | Undertale, Undertale comic, Undertale fanart
Pinterest

Papyrus: (noninho, Mariogoods, HonestlyBored24, AThe1412, JustANormalLemon, ShionAH, King_Dom470)

Homelander:

Incon:

Last edited:
battle taking place in the place Papyrus is wanting to protect is kinda capping him a lot
can't this battle be anywhere else?

Edit: papyrus needs previous knowledge about Homelander's personality, cuz he IC likes to makes friends and then Homelander just wrecks him after using Social Influencing while "holy sh*t, was that a skeleton?????"

anyway, Homelander won't be ok with same-level danmaku and soul damage+getting his soul to be blue, so if we don't give Papyrus a way to know Homelander will kill him for sure, if he survives a hit, Homelander's dead imo

Voting papyrus

Last edited:
battle taking place in the place Papyrus is wanting to protect is kinda capping him a lot
can't this battle be anywhere else?

Edit: papyrus needs previous knowledge about Homelander's personality, cuz he IC likes to makes friends and then Homelander just wrecks him after using Social Influencing while "holy sh*t, was that a skeleton?????"

anyway, Homelander won't be ok with same-level danmaku and soul damage+getting his soul to be blue, so if we don't give Papyrus a way to know Homelander will kill him for sure, if he survives a hit, Homelander's dead imo

Voting papyrus
He would definitely survive a hit since homelander only has I think like a 2 times strength advantage.

anyway counted

This looks a bit like an FRA train. Aren't Papyrus' bones kinda useless against Homelander as he can just zap through them? Unlike Sans' bones that slide towards the player at high speeds and can come from all angles and take varying shapes and sizes. Papyrus' bones move towards the player in a slow orderly fashion and slowly get taller as the fight goes on. While Blue mode can rob Gnome of his flight, that doesn't stop him from shooting through the bones and then Papyrus

This looks a bit like an FRA train. Aren't Papyrus' bones kinda useless against Homelander as he can just zap through them? Unlike Sans' bones that slide towards the player at high speeds and can come from all angles and take varying shapes and sizes. Papyrus' bones move towards the player in a slow orderly fashion and slowly get taller as the fight goes on. While Blue mode can rob Gnome of his flight, that doesn't stop him from shooting through the bones and then Papyrus
Papyrus bones are solid, they would just block the atacks, and Papyrus aren't as slow as You are impling

Papyrus bones are solid, they would just block the atacks, and Papyrus aren't as slow as You are impling
When Frisk faced Papyrus, despite the two characters having comparable speed, the latter's attacks still shown to be slow and easy for Frisk to jump over, only later did it become a problem when they began to grow in size and abundance. This is also furthered by the fact Papy doesn't take fights seriously, even when against cold-blooded murderers like Chara.

Despite having a 2x AP advantage and resistance to Extreme Heat, Papyrus won't be able to withstand Homelander's HV for several reasons...

While comic Homelander's HV isn't as hot as his live-action counterpart, it's still been shown and stated to melt through flesh and bone with ease.

As we know, it's also been stated that Sans and Papyrus use REAL bones for their attacks, and the temperature required to burn through bone is at least 800°C (1,472°F). Now I'm sure you're wondering about Papyrus' heat resistance. As we know Papyrus can very likely (Scaling to characters like his bro) survive the temperatures of Hotland, which can instantly evaporate a styrofoam cup of water. Water has a boiling point of 100°C (212°F) while Styrofoam, which is a type of polystyrene, has a boiling point of 430°C (806°F).

With that in mind, Gnome's HV is almost twice as hot as the temperatures Papyrus is used to handling. So when he tries sicking a bone hurdle on Gnome, his HV is just gonna burn right through it and set Papyrus alight. Not to mention Papyrus has no reliable answer for when Gnome takes to the air and decides to spam his go-to, given that most- if not all of his attacks are ground-based. While I did initially agree that Papy can briefly negate his flight with Blue Mode, this on the other hand can likely be intercepted with the latter's Class K LS.

So the way I see it, this match just seems like a stomp.

feel like your mixing characters up here, Papyrus takes fights too seriously, and attempts to be dangerous in fights (even if he fails to 100% be that way), he offers Chara a chance to change their ways when confronted because he already knew shit was going down. Papyrus has no context behind homelander here, so he has no reason to attempt to spare homelander.

This implies Homelander Would think the bones are some sort of problem and would try to dodge them

feel like your mixing characters up here, Papyrus takes fights too seriously, and attempts to be dangerous in fights (even if he fails to 100% be that way), he offers Chara a chance to change their ways when confronted because he already knew shit was going down. Papyrus has no context behind homelander here, so he has no reason to attempt to spare homelander.
The main reason Papyrus got one-shotted by Chara was because he's just too naive, after all this is the same guy who was responsible for Flowey absorbing all the monsters so that he could become Asriel. If Papyrus was naive with Chara, he's also gonna be naive towards Homelander, who as we all know is a violent, narcissistic, psychopath who doesn't give a shid about anyone but himself.

Also he spent a good portion of his one-sided fight with Frisk doing nothing but rubbing all the world's sauces and creams on his head and fantasizing about how famous he'd be if he defeated a human

So even harder to dodge, trough I have to say, this would give a reason for him to use Laser vision, but I would say he would be alread dead at this point sinse he would be probable beingh a little bitch when he notices one of his powers are gone

also graced ended 3 years ago

The main reason Papyrus got one-shotted by Chara was because he's just too naive, after all this is the same guy who was responsible for Flowey absorbing all the monsters so that he could become Asriel. If Papyrus was naive with Chara, he's also gonna be naive towards Homelander, who as we all know is a violent, narcissistic, psychopath who doesn't give a shid about anyone but himself.
He got one shot by the very apparent weakness on his page, not because he naive. Flowey has manipulated papyrus in the past and in previous timelines, and already knows what to say to get papyrus to do what he wants, that isn't a good point.

Papyrus was watching chara throughout the entire time they were in snowdin and noticed something was off, which is why he attempted to spare them. This is a fist face-to-face confrontation between the two. he has zero reason to be naive against Homelander, as the two have literally never met for papyrus to make any of the observations he did with chara to make him act the way he did.
Also he spent a good portion of his one-sided fight with Frisk doing nothing but rubbing all the world's sauces and creams on his head and fantasizing about how famous he'd be if he defeated a human
He only does this when you flirt with him... so unless you believe Homelander is gonna try and get under papyrus' Battle body i can't see him doing that.

This is too much strategy for a guy so overconfident and dumb as him, and he would see It as just a bone going on his direction, he has no reason to even try to block It
Too much strategy? Spamming HV is literally what Gnome is known to do, not to mention the bones are never gonna hit Homelander considering most of them are only 42-100 cm tall. What's stopping him from just flying over the bones and zapping Papy from above like he tried to against Black Noir?

This is too much strategy for a guy so overconfident and dumb as him, and he would see It as just a bone going on his direction, he has no reason to even try to block It

Hum... also, don't blue mode disable flight?
Class K LS. If Gnome can carry cars in mid-air, yeet a fighter jet with one arm, and hold up bridges without any issue, I don't see how being pressed down by 5.38 Tons is gonna stop him.
So even harder to dodge, trough I have to say, this would give a reason for him to use Laser vision, but I would say he would be alread dead at this point sinse he would be probable beingh a little bitch when he notices one of his powers are gone

also graced ended 3 years ago
Given how small most of Papy's bones are, Homer has a pretty clear range of fire (The fact they're fighting in an open area makes it even worse for Papy) not to mention he could just shoot down at the bones and gradually raise it at Papyrus. He'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Even if a match has reached grace, it is still fresh for 3 months. The only reason it ended so quickly is because no one bothered to argue for Homer and just spammed FRA.

Also by my calculations Papyrus would need to hit Homer 6.66 times in order to shatter his soul. Given my reasons Papyrus would be more likely to die first

He got one shot by the very apparent weakness on his page, not because he naive. Flowey has manipulated papyrus in the past and in previous timelines, and already knows what to say to get papyrus to do what he wants, that isn't a good point.

Papyrus was watching chara throughout the entire time they were in snowdin and noticed something was off, which is why he attempted to spare them. This is a fist face-to-face confrontation between the two. he has zero reason to be naive against Homelander, as the two have literally never met for papyrus to make any of the observations he did with chara to make him act the way he did.
But despite his observations, he was still too dumb and naive to trust that Chara would spare him.

He only does this when you flirt with him... so unless you believe Homelander is gonna try and get under papyrus' Battle body i can't see him doing that.
You're not to far off considering Gnomer is also quite manipulative. For years he use manipulate Soldier Boy into sleeping with him (despite SB being straight) as a way to audition for the Seven.

But that's not the point. If Papyrus starts loudly fantasizing about his future fame and popularity (which he probably would given that he'd easily recognize Homelander as a human) I wouldn't be surprised if Homer would try manipulating him with promises of being a famous hero (like he did to SB), which would likely drop Papy's defenses, making him even easier to kill.

Last edited:
But despite his observations, he was still too dumb and naive to trust that Chara would spare him.
Because papyrus had already known what was going on, which isn't the case here. plus SBA states he's going for the kill here regardless.
But that's not the point. If Papyrus starts loudly fantasizing about his future fame and popularity (which he probably would given that he'd easily recognize Homelander as a human) I wouldn't be surprised if Homer would try manipulating him with promises of being a famous hero (like he did to SB), which would likely drop Papy's defenses, making him even easier to kill.
Monsters easily mistake horrible people like Frisk on the genocide route as monsters themselves (papyrus himself has an interaction like this). chances are papyrus will mistake homelander as a monster, and isn't going to babble about fame of capturing a human.

Reviving this thread one more time as I still feel there were several big arguments for Homelander that weren't at all addressed due to FRA train.

Because papyrus had already known what was going on, which isn't the case here. plus SBA states he's going for the kill here regardless.
Bruh, trusting Chara to spare you is equivalent to trusting a Polar Bear that's been tracking your scent, to not maul and eat you. Also Papyrus isn't gonna go for the kill due to the removal of "willing to kill" in SBA

I think we kind of got off topic on "Papyrus doesn't take enemies seriously." IIRC, Papyrus is the only boss monster that can't kill Frisk. You see, if you lose to Papyrus in the normal routes, rather than kill you, he just takes you to the "doghouse", and he'll proceed to do this over and over again if Frisk continues to fight and lose to him. This proves that Papyrus holds back when facing a human, something not even Toriel (who genuinely cared about Frisk) does. So what I'm trying to say is that in this fight, Papyrus is gonna be at a big disadvantage holding back against someone who does the complete opposite.

Monsters easily mistake horrible people like Frisk on the genocide route as monsters themselves (papyrus himself has an interaction like this). chances are papyrus will mistake homelander as a monster, and isn't going to babble about fame of capturing a human.
I think you just contradicted yourself. In the normal routes, all the Boss monsters (Toriel, Flowey, Papyrus, Undyne, Sans, Mettaton, and Asgore) instantly recognize Frisk as a human. Why else would Sans tell Frisk to hide behind a rock when his human-capturing brother was coming? As YOU stated earlier, due to SBA, Papyrus has no knowledge about Homelander's background and just like with Frisk, he's gonna recognize Gnome as a human. Thus, in this fight he's gonna hold back and try capture Homer, while the latter is gonna do the complete opposite and murder him in manner more gruesome than Chara's.

This was even pointed out by Noninho, that unless Papyrus is bloodlusted, he's gonna ****** die. (Tho I personally think this wouldn't change anything, considering Homelander is just gonna abuse his powers and stomp Papy all the same)

Papyrus hasn't been shown to have the ability to knock anyone out, he'll just try to tire them out until they can't fight anymore to capture them.

SBA doesn't get rid of the fact he won't kill Homelander, who will be lasering him the second the fight starts. Papyrus isn't really know for dodging attacks and I don't think he can avoid his lasers. Though Papyrus seems to have heat resistance up to 9000 Fahrenheit or 4982 Celsius.

"In character, but will attempt to win the battle."

However, a monster's body will have their defenses weakened if they refuse to fight against the opponent, and will get even more vulnerable if said opponent has an extreme desire to kill. Homelander has an intense desire to kill to he's going to be inflicting more damage than normal.

You could one shot Toriel because of how much hate the character had for her in that moment, though her will to fight was low as well. I can't say how strong Homelander's desire to kill Papyrus will make him, but it'll get stronger the longer Papyrus lives.

Papyrus hasn't been shown to have the ability to knock anyone out, he'll just try to tire them out until they can't fight anymore to capture them.
I'm like 99% sure Papyrus knocks Frisk out whenever we lose.
The screen fades to black and each time we lose, Papyrus adds more items to the cell, suggesting that Frisk must have been unconscious for a while.

Although yeah, Papyrus' weakness to Killing Intent is definitely going to screw him over badly here.

I'm like 99% sure Papyrus knocks Frisk out whenever we lose.
The screen fades to black and each time we lose, Papyrus adds more items to the cell, suggesting that Frisk must have been unconscious for a while.
Any reason it can't just a cut to black so we don't have to watch him pick up and carry Frisk to the garage?

It's never stated they were knocked out, just that he captured them since they were too weak.

I don't see how that'd knock Frisk out anyway, since they can stay at 1 HP and not get knocked out anywhere else.

Any reason it can't just a cut to black so we don't have to watch him pick up and carry Frisk to the garage?

It's never stated they were knocked out, just that he captured them since they were too weak.

I don't see how that'd knock Frisk out anyway, since they can stay at 1 HP and not get knocked out anywhere else.
Why would he write a note if Frisk was still conscious?

Homelander can also behead lads who scale above x2 Mettaton' value, so it's probably a one-shot even without the Killing Intent weakness

My problem with the fight it's that Papyrus explicitly doesn't kill in character, it's why Undyne doesn't want to truly train him.

Plus him knocking down Homelander and putting him in that room would only make things worse given Homelander being extremely unstable and impulsive, Pap never dealt with dickheads like him, so that's a big problem.

Thus it's matter of time before Homelander just murders the actually cool dude. Literally most of the other major characters are more suited for this, especially when Papyrus downscales from a value that's half the one Homelander scales to.

Back