• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin vs Samus Aran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm Samus still one-shots via ice beam and range, none of what you said changes that and you mistake intangible with invulnerable in regards to Ghosts.

Samus has also faced against intangible beings like the hunter ing and phantoon. Samus can also negate durability and bypass armor with her ice beam and plasma beam, can heal as well with concentration and invulnerability is just that, invulnerability. Doesn't matter if it's a ghost. Battle cry only works once per day. And once it wears out, samus can just use concentration to regain her health.

Both can become Invulnerable DG via become Ethereal. As for her ice how good is it? The DG can stand being frozen solid and come back without an issue. While Battle Cry can only be used once that's all he needs. Runs after her and insta kill via Mehrunes Razer or simply uses the Wabajack to turn her into a Mud Crab. Also once again he can simply use summons to overwhelm her with numbers and get the jump with any of his weapons that negate durability.

As for Range I doubt she's has the edge. There's a bow that he can use once he shots it into the sky a massive amount of lasers / solar energy fall from the sky with a massive amount of AoE strike down.

Considering the vast amount of Races the DG can be that'd be difficult trying to pin point his weaknesses. As i said Nords are highly resistant to Ice manipulation. This seems like a no limits fallacy to assume she'd be able to find information on him whenever they are from too very different universes. I don't see how any race would be in her data.

Did you not read my last comment? She was able to easily get info on a race that doesn't exist in her dimension.

Two very different things. A dimension can still be found in her own universe so that's understandable. But a completely different universe? That's when I call BS. If we don't treat Omniscience like that we shouldn't treat something drastically inferior any different.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean, once hax ability that makes a vs thread decisive is an automatic stomp, but time stop, permanant time stop especially, is generally considered a massive hax. And oh yeah, I didn't know the electric barrier works against time manipulation; thought it only applied to damaging attacks/obstacles.

And yeah, Samus can easily damage intangible beings like, Ruins Test, Phantoo, Ing, almost every enemy enhanced by Phazon, and Gorea. So intangibility doesn't work against Samus. On second that, thanks to @SomebodyData for more info, I'm switching back to voting Samus. Her Ice Beam is also way too OP for DV's simple ice manipulation.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And oh yeah, I didn't know the electric barrier works against time manipulation; thought it only applied to damaging attacks/obstacles.
I think what they were suggesting is Samus's visor would be able to predict the time stop and she would be able to deploy it so that she would still be frozen, but she wouldn't take damage while time is stopped.

That is, of course, assuming Samus's visor would, in fact, know any and everything about DV.

@Knight, Samus's Ice Beam is "Near absolute zero" scaling from the Judicator Beam. Also, when combined with wave beam, it phases through their armor and targets their vitals, so it's at a much grander scale than DV's ice manipulation.

Also, are you sure DV's Ice Manipulation can't compare? I know the run-of-the-mill frost spell takes a comparatively long time to take effect, but the Ice Form shout freezes opponents solid instantly for 20-30 seconds while also dealing frost damage.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Two very different things. A dimension can still be found in her own universe so that's understandable. But a completely different universe? That's when I call BS. If we don't treat Omniscience like that we shouldn't treat something drastically inferior any different.
So apparently a device that can analyze a being that has never been seen by others isn't useful against someone in another universe? That seriously underestimating the abilities of the scan visor.

@Dark

Well I wasn't saying he had better Ice Manipulation but it wouldn't be as effective via Nords having a 50% resistance to Ice attacks. And he's certainly strong enough to keep pushing after getting hit by it.

Both can become Invulnerable DG via become Ethereal. As for her ice how good is it? The DG can stand being frozen solid and come back without an issue. While Battle Cry can only be used once that's all he needs. Runs after her and insta kill via Mehrunes Razer or simply uses the Wabajack to turn her into a Mud Crab. Also once again he can simply use summons to overwhelm her with numbers and get the jump with any of his weapons that negate durability.

As for Range I doubt she's has the edge. There's a bow that he can use once he shots it into the sky a massive amount of lasers / solar energy fall from the sky with a massive amount of AoE strike down.
We just told you that she can freeze her enemies solid. She also has the speed boost, which doesn't help out the dragon born that much especially when she's running away. Oh and guess what, she has numerous ways to negate durability to.

@Glass

Actually no not really. Once again while it has data on creatures in a different dimension it's still in HER verse. The Elder scrolls takes place in a completely different verse so saying that she'd have data on someone from a different verse is a nasty no limits fallacy and bulk crap.

Once again he's been frozen solid before. Speed boosting is useless in a speed equalized match. And I'm aware of her durability negation.

I know DV has resisted ice based attacks, but none of it has any proof that it was anywhere near AZ temperatures; Sub-zero isn't even close to AZ. However, Ice Beam does not quite reach AZ, but it very close.

And again, that dimension involved beings that are never seen before AKA no one has any data on them. And samus can scan them and figure out what makes them tick. Saying that he's in another universe does not equal he can't be analyzed.

Theglassman12 said:
So apparently a device that can analyze a being that has never been seen by others isn't useful against someone in another universe? That seriously underestimating the abilities of the scan visor.
It does seem, to me, like knowing any and everything about a person from a completely separate and vastly different universe borders on Omniscience.

Guess what, Dark Samus is one of those beings that exists in a separate dimension, and Samus was able to find her weakness in all the times they've battled via scan visor.

Theglassman12 said:
And again, that dimension involved beings that are never seen before AKA no one has any data on them. And samus can scan them and figure out what makes them tick. Saying that he's in another universe does not equal he can't be analyzed.

Actually it does. I don't know how many times i need to repeat myself but Samus is gonna have info on someone from a completely different universe. That's like me saying she'd know everything about Hades from Saint Seiya by scanning him. That's a nasty NLF and you know it. She's not omniscient. Even Omniscient characters don't have knowledge about characters from different verses.

It's not omniscience unless you literally know everything about everyone and everything from the very beginning. Samus technically needs to first scan him, which she can do very quickly, but will have all knowledge about that particular opponent once she does. That's not quite omniscience.

Also, yes, Samus can easily analyze DV; just because DV comes from a difference verse, it doesn't change the fact that DV is still human, is still biological, and nothing new to what Samus has already fought before.

Theglassman12 said:

Sure, he can be analyzed. She could have a good idea of his fighting style and weaponry. But shouts are magic, something that, to my knowledge, doesn't exist in Metroid. And even if it does, magic tends to be vastly different from universe to universe, franchise to franchise. So the likelihood that her visor, a creation of science, would know about the DV having the soul of a dragon seems like it would be very low.

As for Range I doubt she's has the edge.
How about you double check both of their range before saying that. Samus has dozens of kilometers with her basic weapon, compared to DB's hundreds of meters.

SomebodyData said:
@Starry actually magic exists in metroid. A lot actually.

I was not aware of this. My bad. Still, I'm guessing it's quite different from the magic in TES, as magic tends to differ drastically between franchises. Especially considering the history of magic and shouts in TES and the requirements needed to use either i.e. having the soul of a dragon which again seems like something Samus's visor would not be able to analyze.

That's the same as saying magic in FF are different, despite working the same way as any of the games, except they take different forms.

Theglassman12 said:
That's the same as saying magic in FF are different, despite working the same way as any of the games, except they take different forms.

Yes, I imagine the magic in Final Fantasy differs considerably from the magic in Metroid and the magic in TES. I don't exactly see how this proves Samus's visor would be able to analyze and predict the actions of a being with so many different features that it shouldn't be able to analyze.

@Glass

I'm aware of what the profiles says, I can read thank you. And I'll be making a CRT about his range later since it's heavily underestimated here. Once again Shouts can reach all the way to Sovngarde.

@Glass

I'm aware of what the profiles says, I can read thank you.
Then you know that this ability will work regardless where the opponent is.

"Regardless where the opponent is." I'd word things more carefully if I were you. Samus cannot ignore distance with her attacks nor does it have the range able to do so. Anyway this seems to be going in circles so I'm dropping the discussion. I've already given my opinion so yeah.

Just saying Samus can't counter Emphatic Manipulation.

Empathic Manipulation is a sub-set of mind manipulation, which she has resistance to.

SomebodyData said:
Empathic Manipulation is a sub-set of mind manipulation, which she has resistance to.

I think that's nitpicking. I could make the argument that the GoDs are resistant towards mind manipulation since they resisted empathic manipulation with that logic.

No really, Mother Brain mind controlled various pirates and creatures on a planetary scale simultaneously, and that same mind manipulation had literally no effect on Samus. So Empathic manipulation won't do Jack Schitt

@knight no, you can't. Empathic Manipulation is merely a sub-set ability of mind manipulation, if it were reversed, sure.

Just wanna point out, but the scan visor works on ghosts, interdimendional beings, beings that suddenly appeared from the birth of a new universe and Gorath. Itd work here easily.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Can ya prove its just game mechanics (because it definitely isn't a limitation, the hardware it ran on was strong enough to cut that out if need be).

Also what we see (or lore in this case), is what we get, especially in a game with no cutscenes.
Developers didn't want people spamming shouts without a cooldown. It wouldn't be fun. Dovahkiin can shout 24/7 sure of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back