• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy vs Kokken Sabi (REVENGE AGAINST THE CAT GIRL)

From another comment section about his combat experience:

Doomguy has taken down hundreds of demons in the previous games. Taking down hordes that have previously wiped out entire platoons of trained marines with access to weaponry that could have easily teared apart said demons.

He has dealt with stronger opponents before with blows that would have 1 shotted him. Most notably are the Icon of Sin (original), Cyberdemon (with a 10 meter blast per rocket), Spider Mastermind (the leader of hell’s invasion with chaingun fire that would have shredded the marine easily).

Due to the massive hordes of demons he has fought,he has dodged 10’s if not possibly 100’s of projectiles. Especially the hellish levels that were plutonia and tnt.

These projectiles included rockets,fireballs,and bullets.

Revenant’s Rockets: Homing rockets that traced the Doomguy’s place of existing.

Archville Flames: Big walls of flame that also home into the doomguy.

Teleportation: Due to little changes to how Archvilles function within lore,Archvilles in eternal teleport around him. Blocking his shots with a shield strong enough to block the BFG.

Now then,since this is the Night sentinel incarnation of the marine. He would have all this experience 3x more.

He has now defeated an entire arena of Night sentinels. Warriors who exist within a society who has only known war. With their experience in combat having been taking down Ancestrals, the predecessors of the Titans without mechs. These men are hardened and strong warriors who were vastly above the physical strength the marine was capable right after being captured. His power reacted to their strength,his will matching theirs and pushed through their ranks despite these warriors having years and years of swordsmanship training.

Now part of the sentinel army,he went through a process that was considered an execution for these warriors. Enduring the swarms of hell in which countless Night sentinels died in.

With now the demons physically comparable to him,this would have been a challenge all by itself. However he had shown such prowess that he was deemed worthy of the swordsmanship skills the night sentinels had been acclaimed for. After years of training, he ascended through the ranks and had become akin to the warrior kings. With Hugo saying the red patch within is armor being a sign of high rank.

Now after all a civil war broke out in Argenta. With fellow sentinels warrior against each other, this included the high ranking Marauders (the human versions). Warriors who were leagues above the average night sentinel,who were impressive on their own right.

He would have had to fought Night Sentinel Archers who are praised for their marksmanship skills. Just a battalion of these warriors were capable of defending an entire fort for 10 days and nights straight from the hordes of hell.

All this but much more now as he has 2 titans slain under his belt (Dreadnought and The Champion)

He also has his guns and stuff. Plasma rifle can paralyze her for a few seconds

So Doomguy has 4.6e13 joules to Kokken's 3e13, so a moderate but not insurmountable advantage.

Kokken does have a massive range advantage, but that can get closed in a few seconds by Doomguy's speed.

I feel like Doomguy will be able to close that gap without taking too much damage, and beat Kokken down, taking a solid win.

tl;dr Doomguy punches a loli catgirl for nyaaing too much.

Also, to respond to a few of Doomguy's posted skill feats.

"He's dodged many big projectiles."

Kokken has ridiculously huge AoE, a casual simple strike creating a typhoon and leaving a lake pulverized:
Then, without pausing in her monologue, without concentrating, and without hesitating she casually brought down the stick, her sword.

A gale almost like a typhoon swept through the battle between Hida Takahito and Yasuri Mutsue, even reaching Head. It was a large-scale disaster. The earth cleaved and the heavens parted. The carpet of soldiers was torn off the ground. Not a single blade of grass was left standing in the wake of the massive destruction that Sabi Kokken’s single swing had wrought.

A pale woman sluggishly rose from what was no longer a battlefield, but only a bare crater the size of a lake.
I don't think he can reliably dodge AoE this huge from someone of comparable speed.

"Surpassed characters with years of swordsmanship training and excellent marksmanship skills."

Kokken's famed as the strongest swordsman in history, and a master swordsman among master swordsman. In her family's hands, a roll of paper or a stick is no different from the sword of a legendary hero. And she's the strongest among her family, no-one besides Nanami has ever blocked her sword, and the rest of the Sabi family are helpless against her attacks. In fact, no-one besides Nanami had ever hit her, despite her sparring against her family and participating in tournaments.

For accuracy, on Kokken's first time trying a new technique, her aim was barely off, hitting someone's shoulder instead of their head, when launching an attack from 1.2km away.

(Not to say that I think this would make Kokken win, but she does have some skill feats of her own)

Everything Agnaa said + Doom Slayer's runes. Those are extremely useful in battle situations and Saving Throw could save him even in the unlikely situation he gets beat down to death.

Doomguy now has another advantage too, that being his guns actually scale to him now. Since he empowers every weapon he holds.

Her ranged advantage won’t be so big now.

So if Doomguy gets hit by the typhoon slash, does he die?

If so my money's on Kokken. If not he may be able to continuously outrange her with his greater variety of weaponry. If he gets within melee range she handily outskills, but he'd be able to hold out and might have the stats to outmatch her (not sure how their physicals compare)

If so my money's on Kokken. If not he may be able to continuously outrange her with his greater variety of weaponry. If he gets within melee range she handily outskills, but he'd be able to hold out and might have the stats to outmatch her (not sure how their physicals compare)
If he DOES get hit, it wouldn't really matter because he has Saving Throw as well.

Naw he won't die, Doomguy has the AP advantage here.

Also, Doomguy's not outranging Kokken, and if you think she outskills, then she'd outskill at range, not just in melee range.

Doomguy's 4.6e13 joules, Kokken's 3e13

Naw he won't die, Doomguy has the AP advantage here.

Also, Doomguy's not outranging Kokken, and if you think she outskills, then she'd outskill at range, not just in melee range.

Doomguy's 4.6e13 joules, Kokken's 3e13
I’d disagree. Those skill feats listed above don’t really compare to the slayer.

1. Being the strongest swordsman when your physically stronger than most within the verse doesn’t really correlate well. Doomguy has fought with physicals that would be closest to the weakest against swarms of demons who take down platoons of soldiers/ night sentinels.

2. That doesn’t really mean much without people to compare off of.

3.Sounds like a strength feat rather than skill.

4. Who does she fight? Using anything as a weapon is a valid feat, but I’d argue the slayer still has much more to offer than she would.

5. Accuracy and range feat (which is good). Doomguy is immensely skilled with firearms. Being able to wipe out swarms of demons, possessed soldiers, sentinels, etc and uses it in his legendary encounters with the Titan’s themselves. He also has a wide variety with that would make it difficult for her to compete.

I don't feel confident saying that Kokken outskills, but Creaturemaster said she'd outskill in melee, which is weird to me, since her feats apply equally well (or even better) at range.

If she's remotely comparable in skill to Nanami or Hakuhei, I think Slayer gets edged out in the skill department. At the very least her swordsmanship would be superior. And since this also would apply to range I'd imagine it comes down to skill vs AP.

How big of a gap does Doomguy have on his side?

I think maybe a 1.5x gap. Goes higher with his reactive power level.

I still say the slayer takes the w here, he has a myriad of weapons even with the 2016 key that could mess around with Kokken.

1. Plasma rifle: High fire rate + stun bomb would incap her for a bit. Allowing the slayer to rip and tear.

2. Rocket Launchers: Homing missiles and remote detonation allow for aoe explosions.

3. Illusion grenades

4. BFG9k: Big ball of heat and energy that targets flesh around it with its tendrils. Boiling from the insides and blowing them up with heat

The guns are just so he doesn’t have to go all the way to melee range. He can still punish her from afar with weapons that are 1.5x stronger than her and have fast firing rates.

Back