• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commander Shepard vs Doomguy - Soldiers of Mankind 0-1-4

Not sure if this was ever done, but lets try it.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Soldier Shepard is being used, his tier 8 equipment is restricted
  • Doomguy is 9-A and allowed powerups
  • Fight takes place in the streets of New York
  • Both are 40 metres apart
  • SBA Otherwise
I should go: 0

Mr DG: 1

Incon: 4

Last edited:
From what I can gather for Shepard they're able to harm the Shadow Broker, who is superior to Krogans like Wrex and Drack. The latter of whom is casually 0.01 tons

For DG I'm not sure but reading thru some older threads he seems to be about 0.07 tons

I see, so DG is above 0.11 tons then I guess? That's fine as I've said for Shepard is goes Shepard > Shadow Broker >> Drack >>>>>>> 0.01 tons so the gap shouldn't be that large. Plus Shepard can amp his damage with Adrenaline Rush and his durability with Immunity.

Even so the gap isn't all that large from the looks of things and Shepard can activate those two powers via thinking iirc. Can I ask how skilled DG is in this key?

Even so the gap isn't all that large from the looks of things and Shepard can activate those two powers via thinking iirc. Can I ask how skilled DG is in this key?
Gifted Is one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for battle. Can use any conventional tool and armament. Is an excellent military tactician; can come up with attack strategies and adapt on the fly while facing down any threat, and his actions have led to the downfall of numerous demonic invasion plans

Not sure if he did the whole “Killing demons for years non stop” in this key tho

So for skill feats for Shepard across the entire trilogy of Mass Effect here's what I've mostly sourced myself

Depending on player choice their background can include him being able to help defend and rally untrained fighters in the Skillian Blitz against a huge array of pirates and raiders and was stated to have "Held off enemy forces single handed until reinforcements arrived." when the defences were breached with the battle stated to have lasted for several hours and was awarded the star of terra, the system alliance's highest honor. (War Hero)

The second one (Sole Survivor) has Shepard surviving the Akuze incident, whereupon him and 50 other marines were attacked throughout the night by Thresher Maws. With an untold number of these beasts slaughtered the rest of them with Shepard being skilled enough to be able to save themselves out of that predicament in time against a then at the time unknown foe as humanity was still in the process of claiming planets.

The third one (Ruthless) had Shepard take part in the siege of Torfan, sometime after the Skillian Blitz. Whereupon the aforementioned Batarian fleet was dug in deep in an entrenched, underground bunker. The mission was an absolute meat grinder yet Shepard took the costs and completed the mission above all else.

Plus Shepard is also a graduate of the N7 program, which include the most elite of the systems alliance military that involves various tasks that are on par with US Army Rangers in outer space at the very least.

Shepard thanks to one of those three backgrounds gets considered and later picked as the first ever human Spectre. The top agents of the Citadel Council. Its stated by Anderson (Shepard's mentor and the prior spectre potential) that "Spectres aren't made. They're born." Spectres draw their numbers from the Turians and Asari, the former are essentially the roman empire in space with their military doctrine and boot camp starting at age 15. The Asari are a race of aliens that live for a thousand years, with Asari Huntresses/Commandos spending at least 20 to 30 years early in life training in the art to start with and considered the best in a 1v1 or small scale battles against other races. One Turian general (Who's entire race is stupidly militarised to the point where they do government services) even said "The Asari are among the finest warriors in the galaxy, fortunately there are not many of them." Yet Shepard and his party can beat groups of these even as far back as the first game as shown with the Benezia bossfight.

Also in the Spectres are the Salarians. A race who helped create the very idea of Spectres with their entire military doctrine basically about being Agent 47 in space and ending battles before they even begin. There are also the Krogan , while they are not a council race they are basically Spartans in space with Urdnot Wrex who can be killed by Shepard having been stated to actually have killed a Thresher Maw in a 1v1 as part of his proving trails for his clan.

To add to the feats with Urdnot Wrex he's implied to have lived close to 1000 years and is credited as one of the last few Battlemasters who are stated to be more than a match for 10 soldiers of any other race. Plus he was skilled enough to escape an ambush and killed his father who performed in it the same night. The only time Wrex seemed to have come close to defeat was a battle with an Asari Commando and even that ended in a stalemate along with a looot of collateral damage.

Shepard is far superior in skill to Turian squadmate Garrus Vakarian. Who in addition to undergoing the military training customary to his race (iirc he was from the Turian main homeworld) was a skilled marksman who can casually bust out several headshots in quick succession. Garrus was at one point also considered as a spectre candidate but was forbidden by his father from joining but depending on player choice can either go back to C-Sec or apply to be a spectre.

When 2 rolled around following Shepard's death Garrus travelled to Omega. A place that is basically ran only by crime where he proceeded to become the vigilante known as Archangel who proceeded to take the fight to several mercenary bands. Garrus was betrayed by one of his team and was bogged down by three of the groups. Yet Garrus still performed feats such as shooting a gunship and dismantling it with the merc basically stating Garrus stomped them via sheer skill. Garrus was camped there for hours upon end mowing down and funnelling the mercs while they returned fire at him. With him doing this for over a day with little to no pauses. While it was ultimately required for Shepard to save him Garrus still has the wherewithal to recognise them in the heat of battle after all that and still take part in several pitched firefights before being injured.

Shepard is acknowledged as the leader and superior of Grunt. Said being is a Krogan that was genetically engineered from birth to be the ultimate Krogan by a mad scientist named Dr Okeer, Grunt was implanted with the history of various Krogan warlords with their battle experience and later in his loyalty mission can defeat a Thresher Maw alongside Shepard and another squadmate which results in Grunt becoming the leader of an elite unit of Krogan later in 3. Keep in mind that the Krogan operate in an entirely Spartan like society with Grunt earning this through proving himself.

2's endgame also has Shepard finally raiding the base of the Collectors, a mission that is referred to many times as a suicide mission that can result in the permadeath of Shepard and the rest of his crew. Yet Shepard can pull the mission off with no squad deaths at all. One squad member can be counted on to bring back the entire crew of the Normandy who are non-combatants back to the forcibly grounded ship deep in enemy territory during the mission and can survive if loyal i.e entirely focused on the mission. This includes even the weakest like Mordin who was a Salarian doctor and ex STG agent that was in the twilight years of his life and even admitted the front line wasn't his direct speciality but can still kill a Krogan with a well placed pitchfork despite the height and build difference.

By this point in time the Reaper War begins, with the Reapers being a race of gigantic mecha ctihulus that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50'000 years citing Shepard as the one true threat to their task having killed one of them in ME1 after damaging them through killing their Saren Husk. With all the races in the galaxy looking to Shepard to lead them in the struggle against them.

Shepard is able to defeat and kill Kai Leng. As much of a cringey Raiden/Nightwing knockoff that he is Kai is able to kill a Krogan with just a normal army knife (For reference Krogan possess secondary vital organs among other physical benefits that make fighting them in melee a hard sell.) Kai was also able to defeat a weakened Thane Krios, a squadmate in 2 who is credited as among the greatest assassins in the galaxy. Thane started his training at the age of 6 and killed at 12 years old and has plied this trade ever since. Thane developed a list of techniques tailor made to take out each race should they be his target. He was capable of performing a clean headshot on a merc around civilians with Garrus even commenting on it being impressive. He did all of Mass Effect 2 while terminally ill from Kepral's Syndrome. And with less than 50 percent lung capacity. In 3 he still gives Kai Leng one heck of a fight despite needing constant medical aid and was well past his life expectancy by that time.

The other major skill feats for 3 that I can think of is in the Citadel DLC, whereupon Shepard fights a clone of themselves. Said clone uses the exact same major power as them and is skilled enough to actually blast the gun out of the hands of the real deal yet still ultimately loses the fight. There is also the Armax Arena challenges which can have Shepard be proven as the number 1 fighter in the galaxy, said rankings include Aria who was the main leader of Omega and James Vega who also goes through the N7 program and fights alongside Shepard in 3.

Bruh to the max I went to that effort myself >_>

I'd encourage you to take a look at it more indepth but TLDR: Shepard is the most elite soldier practically in the entire galaxy, which includes races that are like the Romans/Spartans in space, races that can live for 1000 years and can fight for over 24 hours with little rest and becomes the personal enemy of a race of gigantic mecha squids that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50,000 years.

Bruh to the max I went to that effort myself >_>
Sorry but I really dont know either of them to care that much, no offense
I'd encourage you to take a look at it more indepth but TLDR: Shepard is the most elite soldier practically in the entire galaxy, which includes races that are like the Romans/Spartans in space, races that can live for 1000 years and can fight for over 24 hours with little rest and becomes the personal enemy of a race of gigantic mecha squids that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50,000 years.
Basically even?

I'd argue so considering the pair seem to be able to fight for hours on end among other things, though I'm not all that versed on doom know about mass effect though

I mean

That sounds like a case of neither here nor there tbh, if your arguing for stamina then fair enough but I don't think the fight would be that long between these two anyway.

Ah well fair enough I suppose. Either way from what I've seen with Shepard he should be comparable in skill to DG here, also Shepard is no stranger to fighting alone either should say. They did almost the entirety of the ME2 Arrival DLC alone in Batarian space among other things.

Ah well fair enough I suppose. Either way from what I've seen with Shepard he should be comparable in skill to DG here, also Shepard is no stranger to fighting alone either should say. They did almost the entirety of the ME2 Arrival DLC alone in Batarian space among other things.
So skill is basivally the same AP and durability are doomslayers advantage what about versatality?

For versatility their stat amps were covered there. Shepard's Adrenaline Rush slows his perception of time and can be activated via a thought. He can also use Concussive Shot, which has a degree of homing capability and can damage and floor people with comparable LS to Shepard.

Shepard has various ammo types that can be changed with a second of adjustment, Incendiary ammo makes people burn and can turn targets to ash with enough shots. Though DG should be able to resist this. Cryo ammo can turn a target into a frozen statue with enough shots and can be shattered afterwards, Shredder and armour piercing ammo tears through flesh and armour. Disruptor ammo only really works on shields and synthetic targets so this probably won't do much. Here's some of soldier shep in gameplay

Yes I listed it in the OP for the sake of the argument, that does look lethal, but Shepard can blitz with Adrenaline Rush or floor DG with Concussive Shot. The former is something Shepard is likely to lead with given its the soldier's unique power btw

Fair enough there, Concussive Shot floors people with comparable LS to Shepard I should say and does have a slight degree of homing capability

Bump

Looking it over I'm told the OP can vote on their own threads, I suppose I'll use this henceforth and place my vote for Incon.

Both are seemingly comparable in skill though I'd argue Shep is likely better in cqc but the fight likely won't get to that point, DG has better AP and Dura but not by a wide enough margin from the looks of it unless he amps and Invul can be useful. Meanwhile Shepard seems to have better versatility thanks to Adrenaline Rush, Concussive Shot and various ammo types.

Cryo ammo + Concussive Shot would be a GG for Shepard while DG could overwhelm Shep with damage output past his medigel and immunity. Shredder and Armour Piercing ammo would also do major damage. DG going Invisible gets countered as Shep's N7 helmet comes with a radar to negate that.

Back