• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom: Possible upgrade? (argent energy cell)

If we consider that an Argent Cell energy has an electrical equivalent and therefore a total Joule equivalent, then I suppose the armor absorbing said Argent Energy all at once has some degree of durability to handle the energy transfer.

"Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout. Conventional nuclear power is obsolete. What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator no larger than Samuel Hayden's hand."

However, it is unknown how the Argent Cells that Doomslayer absorbs compares to the Argent Tower and the Argent Accumulator.

I was playing through the game again, and Hayden does mention that the Doom Slayer would have to "survive the power surge" and if he did it would make him far stronger, so i think the idea of him absorbing the energy and having a potential for death isn't unfounded.

https://youtu.be/TTRqyvCyRpc?t=1649

Isnt argent accumulator just another term for argent cell? Would be consistent since they have the same size.

There's like multiple argent cell batteries that aren't quite on par the Argent energy Tower; which appears to be more potent than multiple Argent energy cells put together.

The 12 months of energy is put into a cell. So of course the cells arent on par with the argent tower, and they can only contain the amount of energy produced in a few seconds, but even then the energy is equivalent to the 12 month energy.

Oh yeah, it was referring to a single battery after looking at the codex. It seems the feat is legit Small City level+.

When the UAC unveiled an Argent Energy powered, hand sized 24-volt battery with over 12,000 megawatt-hours, the future of energy supply within the Solar System was set. One battery array could power an entire city block for several months. Researchers at the Global Science Council have speculated that the UAC's most advanced battery technology.

Oh wait, the cell only has 12,000 megawatt hours and not anywhere near as much as what's in the OP. Still 4.32 * 10^13 Joules or 10.325 Kilotons of TNT. Which is legit 7-C.

Ah, I had a chance to reread it.

"Argent Energy is produced by neutron activation of Argent plasma, a new and powerful substance that was discovered on Mars. This produces an exothermic reaction where recorded temperatures within the plasma have exceeded previously accepted theoretical limits. Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout. Conventional nuclear power is obsolete. What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator no larger than Samuel Hayden's hand."

The Argent Tower converts Argent Plasma into Argent Energy and places it in a cell. It is understandable that a cell would at least contain the few seconds of energy generated.

I don't think an Argent Energy Battery is the same as the Argent Energy Cell as it was made with the voltage limits.

Question is, should be consider that the energy is built up over time, because it mentions that it diverts power to of of the suits subroutines every time he absorbs a cell, so would that mean that he'd have at least 10-15x that amount of energy absorbed no issue

Or would we only consider the first one since, as far as i know, it's the only one in the story he absorbs directly, and the rest are technically secrets.

We consider him end of game with all available equipment like Skyrim, Fallout, and Dark Souls.

Ok, so if the argent energy cells stack, would the total amount of energy his suit withstands be multiplied? Or would it only count as one at a time, so each cell absorption stands on its own.

We don't scale characters from simply having a pool of energy, just how much energy than can use at a time for a single attack. Or energy per second it can absorb.

Gotcha, i was just wondering since it mentions he reroutes all the power to his subsystems if that would be accrued over time

The energy cell looking at the 12,000 Megawatt hour statement is 7-C. The 6-C thing looks like it came from a misconception, so not that. Low 7-B via comparing to the nuclear reactor seems unknown if that's referring to the accumulator or just a single cell.

Aren't the battery and the cell different objects with the battery having voltage limits?

It mentions the Battery being no larger than his hand; implying the cell is the battery. Not sure about the capsule containing the cell.

Upon rereading the codex, the spheres that Doomslayer collects are Argent Caches which contain Hayden radius spheres, compressed Argent Energy. These are the forerunners of the Argent Accumulators which are no larger than Samuel Hayden's giant robot hand.

Basically, the Argent Caches are more than the battery, but less than the Accumulator.

12,000 MWH < Argent Cache < 30,000 MWH

Decoded Entry 001

Early in the development of the Argent Accumulator, it was discovered that Argent plasma compressed into Hayden radius spheres (named after Samuel Hayden) would retain its structure with enough radioactive isotopes. Once forced, if the surface tension of the plasma sphere is broken the energy cache contained within will quickly discharge, energizing anything it comes into contact with it.

Argent Caches were the forerunner of the Argent Accumulator, but their vulnerability to blunt force makes their use too unpredictable. There are still hundreds of these proto-type Argent Caches to be found around the Argent Facility, and have become somewhat of a collector's item among UAC employees.

Should you find an Argent Cache, please report your finding to your Department Enforcer.

Decoded Entry 002

Argent Energy is produced by neutron activation of Argent plasma, a new and powerful substance that was discovered on Mars. This produces an exothermic reaction where recorded temperatures within the plasma have exceeded previously accepted theoretical limits. Through a process not yet fully understood, Argent plasma remains stable and self-contained throughout. Conventional nuclear power is obsolete. What used to take a nuclear reactor 12 months (The R.E. Ginna reactor produced 4,689,440 megawatt hours) to produce can be generated in a few seconds by the Argent Tower and packaged into an Argent Accumulator no larger than Samuel Hayden's hand.

Argent plasma was originally discovered by the SS Amundsen when it landed in the Promethei Terra region of Mars in 2095 as part of the UAC geological survey mission Frontier. While searching for liquid water springs, the Survey-Bot discovered a narrow trench which has now become known as the "Argent Fracture". This fracture emitted a substance that at first appeared to be an electrical gas cloud.

However, deeper analysis of the substance showed it to be an entirely new form of matter with a quantum signature never before recorded. Initial tests on this new matter immediately showed its potential. When a 2 megakelvin cutting laser was fired at the substance, it absorbed the heat with ease and remained self-contained. A second expedition was planned to further analyze this remarkable new "Argent plasma".

There have been speculation that the development of Argent Energy goes beyond traditional science and bleeds into the realm of SEFT (Spiritual Energy Field Theory). Experiments in this fringe science have been heavily criticized in the past as their development often involves "occult" like practices and the channeling of resources from poorly understood extradimensional resources. Coupled with the reports of cultish practices within the UAC, there are deep concerns over how Argent Energy is being produced, and if it is indeed safe.

The UAC has refused to reveal the details, despite repeated requests by the Global Science Council. Despite concern over the safety of producing energy with a process that is not fully understood, the need for a reliable energy source since the depletion of plutonium and uranium reserves is a powerful argument. When the UAC unveiled an Argent Energy powered, hand sized 24-volt battery with over 12,000 megawatt-hours, the future of energy supply within the Solar System was set. One battery array could power an entire city block for several months. Researchers at the Global Science Council have speculated that the UAC's most advanced battery technology, the Argent Accumulator, can hold over 30,000 megawatt-hours but that the UAC is deliberately bottlenecking the production to maintain control over the market value. The UAC has no comment on the matter.

Well, the 7-C numbers are literally given to us whether it's 12,000 Megawatts or 30,000 Megawatts. And I know it mentions being more than a Nuclear reactor for 12 months, but they sure do like to make a lot of information vague.

I suppose At least 7-C, possibly Low 7-B might work.

Why would it even matter if it even was a stretch from his old placement? All his feats were casual and the demons canonically cant even hurt him.

I'm not saying his placement to 7-B is a stretch, I'm all for it.

He was 7-C once anyway and he's already 8-A. So yeah I'm all in.

Be funny if this upgrade is null and void in two months because of eternal.

It depends with some characters, sometimes you can have a character who has a good high tier feat, and wouldn't technically contradict the other feats, but if said character jumps to many tiers some people have a problem with that.

But yeah, either way this feat would be fine as, as far as i know, nothing contradicts it. And Doomguy's maximum potential is probably gonna go even higher in this new game.

So I'm a little confused, we have 10.325 kilotons of TNT(12000 MWH) or 25.812 kilotons of TNT (30000 MWH). Which one does he Scale to?

What about 7-B tho? Maybe the GSC underestimated the potential and the 12 months statement is the latest observation?

Back