• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

Sounds like it works like Mind Manipulation, which I can input on, and give an example.

Moondragon from Marvel comics mind controlled the entire population of a planet, but when she came face to face with Thanos, he resisted her full mind manipulation directly focussed on him, therefor his resistance scales above the entire population of a planet. - Mind Manipulation

Hell would equate to moondragon in this, taking over an entire planet's worth of minds, but unless Hell has been stated to be capable of causing the equivalent amplified effect on one individual, I don't think the Slayer scales.

Yes, Hell is corrupting billions of soul at once, but unless the entire entity of Hell is focussing it's fully potential soul manipulation on the slayer, he only scales to be higher than the other affected individuals, Hell is using it's soul manipulation on those billions of people as well as the Slayer, spreading it out across them equally, and not focussing more on the Slayer than anyone else.

But it's the same potency in both situations and it just seems like you're trying to use the inverse square law on the soul/mind hax system which is completely absurd because they don't operate on the real life physical energy system.

Not using inverse square law on the soul/mind hax system but on the energy the character would theoretically/does have that would be required to perform the soul/mind hax stuff and pure logic. You may argue that it's an assumption/speculation but assuming Doomguy has planet level or whatever soul level resistance based on your own view of the potency is also an assumption and speculation as well, and one that does not fit with the current way soul hax is managed and widely understood on this wiki. If you have issues with that then I would recommend making a CRT on how soul/mind hax work after the forum move.

I dunno where you're getting the inverse square law from that but ok...

Every person that Hell soul manips isn't taking the full potency of an entire planets worth of people, Hell only needs enough to corrupt one soul each for each person. Because each person only has one soul.

Let's say Hell was stated to have halted earths corruption and focussed its efforts on the slayer, using all of its power to try and corrupt the slayer once and for all, but the Slayer resisted that. Then that would give the slayer the resistance to planetary Soul Manipulation. Because Hell has actually had to put in effort to corrupt the Slayer, which would therefor imply that it is more potent that Hell's casual planetary soul manip.

But Hell is only ever exerting the casual planetary soul manipulation, and corrupting every persons soul as an individual, and is therefor only corrupting the Slayers soul as an individual.

As far as I know the night club feat was earlier on, and then, later on, Spidey resisted the Hustlers mind manipulation directed only towards him. Which is why he has Night club level resistance. Which is what me and Dieno are arguing. The Slayer hasn't taken a mind attack from hell directed only towards himself.

That just doesn't compute I'm sorry. Doomguy is getting target because just like everyone else on the planets are getting targeted. And I know for a fact there are whole bunch on profiles who don't follow that. Dragonborn has island level mind hax resistance because he broke free of the stand stone curse on while everyone else on the island was still affected. Tatsuki from bleach has soul manip resistance in the 100s because she was caught in the crossfire of an attack that affected 100s.

Ok let me bring in this scenario for you. This guy(character A)is able to soul hax 500 people and there is a guy standing in front of him who has soul hax resistance on the level of 499 people. AND there are 2 people standing next to him who have zero soul hax resistance. With my understanding of your logic, character A would only be able to affect the first guy with 499 resist and the second guy with no resist but not the third guy because that would exceed his limit. How does that make sense to you?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Just because one page is worng doesn't mean you get to do as you please
Also I'm pretty sure you don't know the full reasons behind the resistances that you're trying to use as support.

They have been like that years and used as arguments in debates. So I don't know how you came to the conclusion that they are just wrong. There are so many different interpretations of the rules on this website and it's kinda getting annoying.

I have never seen either of those being used as arguments for those characters. I know the general idea behind Tatsuki's resistance is that she resisted/survive reiatsu crushing or something like that from Yammy who naturally has a lot of souls/consumed a lot of souls or whatever. I never seen Dragonborne's mind resistence being argued using that island level argument but I would leave that to the verse not being popular and Dovahkhin not being used often so he is probably outdated in that regard or those arguing using that supposed island level mind resistance aren't aware of how things work.

No. Tatsuki was caught in the crossfire. Dragonborn was caught in the crossfire. Spider-Man was caught in the crossfire. When has there ever been point where someone was caught in the crossfire in a soul manip attack, resisted it and then proceeded to get one shot by that same attack because the only change was that he was arbitrarily focused on.

Get those who are familiar with those verses into this thread to explain or link me to threads involving those reasonings being used for those characters because I'm sure you're mistaken.

Why are you guys talking about a minor topic? If you guys want to classify and rank the levels of Soul Manipulation and resistance, please make a separate thread.

Chill. About the current topic of speed.The devs(Hugo Martin) stated the things the drones shot out of their foreheads were lasers.Doomguy can dodge this.I think FTL or Relatvistic should be given to Doomguy unless we are going to call the Creative Director wrong on his own game.

Found it.

https://youtu.be/IehKVP43C2Q?t=112

Hugo Martin: Maykr drones. You haven't seen those yet in action. So those are the um. They're not really fodder. They're, they're pretty hard. So they're like, like a heavy/medium heavy unit um, and they're very cool. They require a skill shot. You have to pop their heads, and then you get a ton of resources about if you shoot their heads. Otherwise, if you to kill them by shooting their bodies, they take a really long time to die, and they just shoot projectiles at you relentlessly. So, they're very tough in there, and one of the last levels of the game, the last level of the game. It's gonna give you, well second second last level, yeah, it's gonna give you quite a bit to master. So, another notch on your belt something else to figure out.

Mignight: What kind of projectors will they shoot? Like lasers?

Hugo Martin: Yeah

Mignight: Okay

Hugo Martin: Maykr energy lasers.

Mignight: Yes. Maykr energy lasers. That's pretty cool.

If only Midnight asked if they were light speed and if the Doomslayer was directly faster than them, then we would have some easy FTL stuff right there.

High 6-C, possibly 6-B on high end sounds pretty reasonable for Doomguy. I agree the Soul Manipulation resistance probably doesn't go into the billions though for Doomguy, unless there was an instance of all of hell trying to soul has him simultaneously.

I find the way we scale soul manip resist and hax similar to be questionable and I'm discussing it in another CRT. Since I'm out numbered on the planetary soul resist let's move on to argent and hell energy stated to be made of souls. So how should go about treating that? Since we also have statements of demons using the Well to fuel themselves, The Well is basically all the souls Hell has absorbed. I know that would be unquantifiable but I'm sure we could still make something out of it. Thoughts?

DTG499 said:
Dragonborn has island level mind hax resistance because he broke free of the stand stone curse on while everyone else on the island was still affected.
Just came to clarify this only, the dragonborn mind hax attack (Shout) and ressitance is 4D because it affects dragons which are fragments of time

DTG499 said:
I thought the 4-D mind hax was rejected because it wasn't able to affect alduin.
Alduin is just more strong in that deparment but all dragons are part of time and by min haxing them it gives him 4D

Yeah but only alduin has the higher dimensional existence that's why he can only be harmed by Dragonborn. Other dragons can be killed by regular people.

DTG499 said:
Yeah but only alduin has the higher dimensional existence that's why he can only be harmed by Dragonborn. Other dragons can be killed by regular people.
......eehh no? alduin is higher dimentional because he is a full aspect of time "the end of time" also other cant really "kill" dragons otherwise being the dragonborn would be nothing special even if you "kill" them they are still alive they linger unless the one that kills them is a dragonborn then and only then do they truly die

No no no, no one not a single person can harm alduin in his physical form because of his higher dimension existence. The only dragon with higher dimensional existence is alduin all dragons have Acausality but being able to mind hax begins with acausality does not warrant 4-D mind hax.

DTG499 said:
No no no, no one not a single person can harm alduin in his physical form because of his higher dimension existence. The only dragon with higher dimensional existence is alduin all dragons have Acausality but being able to mind hax begins with acausality does not warrant 4-D mind hax.
They can destroy his physical form but he can reform it unlike other dragons that is why he has low godly

The mind has is not because of their acasuality

I think that at the DOOM: Eternal gameplay reveal, they said Doomslayer is the strongest hero they've ever made, is that worth noting, or is it just considered hyperbole?

This is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them. Just use the "Save Page Now" function.

Nothing regarding the argent energy soul manip stuff. But I think people agree on High 6-C to low 6-B doomguy.

Back