• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god someone else points out the Unmaker's bullshit
Also if we don't already the Unmakyr should be added as a key (I believe Samuel considers it powerful and there might be statements its on par with the BFG)

I agree with this
The Dreadnought is much smaller then the Titans we see in the beginning and the Champion seems much larger then either
Also this just makes me disappointed we never actually fight Maligog (imagine him being the Doom equivalent of the Cronos boss from GOW)

Can't say I recall this. Gameplay right?
Yeah the Unmaykr has a key already. I gotchu!

Couldn't agree more, I expected the Icon fight at very least to be GOW style. Sad.

Yeah, demons can avoid gunfire in-game, certainly in Eternal, almost certainly in 2016.

Good catch with VEGA's hacking.
Unmaykr is weirdly missing Doomguy's page, though I don't think it deserves a key (you meant in the Unmaker's page); just a mention alongside the BFG. Here is the quote comparing it to the BFG:
A uniquely powerful weapon, the Unmaykr is kept under lock and key inside the Fortress of Doom. Inspired by Sentinel weapon technology, this celestial firearm was created in Urdak by the ingenious invention of the Maykrs themselves.

Upon activation of the weapon, shutter-ports slide open, and the Unmaykr immediately begins launching rapid-fire volleys of condensed tri-directional Argent bolts. The destructive potential of this alien superweapon is rivaled only by the BFG.

The Doom Slayer killed the Champion Titan, who is stated to be mightier than all Titans before him, so I'd say scaling to the Hell Barges, who are common, is fair.

The Doom Slayer killed the Champion Titan, who is stated to be mightier than all Titans before him, so I'd say scaling to the Hell Barges, who are common, is fair.
The Maligog is one of the most ancient Titans iirc, would that mean the Champion would scale above it? With it's sheer size I see the Maligog getting 7-C to High 7-C.

Possubly

I’m not sure if “mightier then all who came before” means the Titans or just the Demons the Slayer fought tho

Regardless he’d scale above the Dreadnought

Maligog appears to be much larger, and he seems to be loyal to the Father instead of Hell/Davoth, so I am leaning on no though it is possible.

In a recent stream Hugo confirmed that the Slayer's Testament is read by Davoth and he is the one who issued the warning that the Slayer must not be freed. He did not anticipate that the Slayer would be uncontrollable or for him to cause so much chaos for his people.
Also, the Mysterious Voice that says "Noooo!" after the Khan Maykr's death is a higher power observing events, and he implied that Davoth is among other Primevals who were created "the doom universe is vast".
The Maykrs were originally an AI race which is why the interior of Urdak is entirely synthetic (as seen in the room the Berserk cheat is found), but they became organic with an insect-like society with the Khan Maykr being the queen bee. If they don't push off transfiguration with Argent Energy they'll transform into giant cthulu monsters. When the Father left the inability to create a new Khan was gone, so humans were treated as cattle to harvest Argent Energy so the reigning Khan can rule forever.

Maligog appears to be much larger, and he seems to be loyal to the Father instead of Hell/Davoth, so I am leaning on no though it is possible.
Yeah I definitely don’t think the Champ should scale to Malichad

Maybe to the Icon but idk
In a recent stream Hugo confirmed that the Slayer's Testament is read by Davoth and he is the one who issued the warning that the Slayer must not be freed. He did not anticipate that the Slayer would be uncontrollable or for him to cause so much chaos for his people.
Also, the Mysterious Voice that says "Noooo!" after the Khan Maykr's death is a higher power observing events, and he implied that Davoth is among other Primevals who were created "the doom universe is vast".
This just makes me mad because it’s clear how they’d didn’t think the story through

Why mark the voice “Dark Lord” in the files and Ancient Gods (when the Dark Lord is relevant) if it’s just some random god we don’t meet?

Doom Eternal is great but god the story is trash
The Maykrs were originally an AI race which is why the interior of Urdak is entirely synthetic (as seen in the room the Berserk cheat is found), but they became organic with an insect-like society with the Khan Maykr being the queen bee. If they don't push off transfiguration with Argent Energy they'll transform into giant cthulu monsters. When the Father left the inability to create a new Khan was gone, so humans were treated as cattle to harvest Argent Energy so the reigning Khan can rule forever.
This is an interesting tidbit since you can see a Khan’s body in Urdak

Perhaps the Makyrs tried to make a new one using Argent as a contingency but that never got finished

Why mark the voice “Dark Lord” in the files and Ancient Gods (when the Dark Lord is relevant) if it’s just some random god we don’t meet?
Hugo stated that was an error and the Dark lord was never supposed to be connected to the mysterious voice to begin with. Just like how Samuel was supposed to say his infamous line once in the Urdak mission.

Hugo stated that was an error and the Dark lord was never supposed to be connected to the mysterious voice to begin with. Just like how Samuel was supposed to say his infamous line once in the Urdak mission.
I don't buy it
If it was mistakenly marked in the files, I'd understand but they doubled down on it by actually including it in the core game where they left it for months.

The Sam thing is a fun glitch tho

I don't buy it
If it was mistakenly marked in the files, I'd understand but they doubled down on it by actually including it in the core game where they left it for months.

The Sam thing is a fun glitch tho
Thats what they literally Said in his latest stream. The files were screwed up.

The Maligog is one of the most ancient Titans iirc, would that mean the Champion would scale above it? With it's sheer size I see the Maligog getting 7-C to High 7-C.
that would actually make the doom 2016 to doom eternal power jump not quite as jarring(although we might upgrade doom slayer to 2-B across the board but thats for later)

Hugo in a stream said it was a being that was beyond the father and Davoth and the dark lord was just a place holder name that wasn’t meant to be in the final version of the game.

the rating should be at least 2-B likely 2-A, because the father is 2-A and when he battled Davoth he didn’t just delete him on the spot.

We're not trying to upgrade the cosmology with that stuff yet. We're just pushing to scale him to the current cosmology as we have it, and Hell is the biggest thing, and it's 2-B.
I mean we have a lot more statements proving the entire multiverse that includes hell is 2-A but sure I’ll save it for later.

I mean we have a lot more statements proving the entire multiverse that includes hell is 2-A but sure I’ll save it for later.
Yeah, we just want to prove he can scale to the cosmology for now. We can upgrade the cosmology later.

Alright so doomboy has a stun now, that’s good. Do we keep the hammer and sword on separate keys or not?

Hugo in a stream said it was a being that was beyond the father and Davoth and the dark lord was just a place holder name that wasn’t meant to be in the final version of the game.
I know
I'm saying that's likely a retcon

Alright so doomboy has a stun now, that’s good. Do we keep the hammer and sword on separate keys or not?
I'd say put it in the same key but mention it as Optional Equipment along with the Crucible and Runes
the rating should be at least 2-B likely 2-A, because the father is 2-A and when he battled Davoth he didn’t just delete him on the spot.
Wasn't that Eons ago and Davoth had his power stolen?
If so I'm unsure whether Slayer would scale at all (Especially with how the Father is still non physical)

that would actually make the doom 2016 to doom eternal power jump not quite as jarring(although we might upgrade doom slayer to 2-B across the board but thats for later)
I definitely disagree with scaling Maligog under the Champion
The context feels more specific to demons Slayer has fought before , including the Icon of Sin
It also helps that we never fight Maligog (disappointing) and he's far larger then literally any other Titan we meet throughout the series.
As much as I love Doom eternal, the story is kinda Doo-Doo.
This
The story doesn't even bother to explain how Slayer escaped (outside the Codex), barely explains the Khan Makyr, does nothing with the Betrayer, barely foreshadows the Icon of Sin (One line and then the Makyr's like "lmao time to get the Icon") and there's retcons all over the place.

Wasn't that Eons ago and Davoth had his power stolen?
If so I'm unsure whether Slayer would scale at all (Especially with how the Father is still non physical)
This was already addressed multiple times. His power was stolen, but it was stated that if he ever returned to physical form, he'd have his full power and only a Primeval or something stronger could stop him.

That doesn't answer my question. Regardless, Slayer would scale to Davoth.

Remind me again, why is Father 2-A?
The creator of the cosmology would be 2-A, but that's not what we're doing for now. We're proving that Slayer scales to the creator of the cosmology, and from there we can go forward. I'll tell you on discord if you want.

not his 2-B key he wouldnt
He... kills the dude, and Davoth regained his power by regaining physical form, and we also scale Creation to other abilities already. The burden of proof is to prove it scales to physicals, which is covered by the physically-amping stuff bit.

He... kills the dude, and Davoth regained his power by regaining physical form, and we also scale Creation to other abilities already. The burden of proof is to prove it scales to physicals, which is covered by the physically-amping stuff bit.
You literally just hav to read anysmall bit of lore for the DLC to understand that it doesnt scale to physicals

Seriously, show a feat from the lore or game that he has a physical 2-B feat because without that you have no vidence that it scales to 2-B

Wasn't the Davoth that fought the slayer an avatar or something? I don't see why the avatar would scale to 2-B

I think it's best to wait for the CRT to look over the evidence before we judge.

You literally just hav to read anysmall bit of lore for the DLC to understand that it doesnt scale to physicals
...he's stated to regain full power and that a Primeval or something stronger would be needed to stop him if he regains physical form.
Seriously, show a feat from the lore or game that he has a physical 2-B feat because without that you have no vidence that it scales to 2-B
That's not required. All you need is evidence that it scales to his other abilities. Keep in mind, the Dark Lord said he was going to destroy everything he created, along with the fact he regains full power with physical form. Additionally, him being able to amp things physically with his "power", along with him giving a MASSIVE amp to the Doom Slayer via the Divinity Machine.

Wasn't the Davoth that fought the slayer an avatar or something? I don't know why the avatar would scale to 2-B
No. That was just Davoth himself.

I'll stop responding on this from here because it's not what the current intention of the thread is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back