• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't even visit: The worst fictional worlds to live in

Ninjago sucking is pretty much a plot point in the later seasons. The infrastructure is tainted by snake guts, the largest restaurant chain is owned by a cult, the police canonically aren't allowed any weapons more effective then a taser, technology isn't allowed to progress past its current level because then the city will become Satan, a biker gang is capable of taking over the city and stealing priceless artifacts, as well as assasinating the majority of the political leaders, who literally don't do anything anyway, and it's a regular occurrence for villages to be put in slavery by some random warlord.

If you don't get turned into a snake, you will be eaten by a larger snake. If that doesn't get you, Lego Satan will. If he doesn't get you, you'll be killed by more snakes. If they don't kill you, hell itself will get up on two legs and eat your soul. If not that, more snakes will kill you. Or more Warlords. It's actually pretty bad.

I just wrote a whole essay worth of words on how Destiny is a terrible verse to live in and it just deleted itself.

Please fix your broken comment section, Fandom.

Berserk is a nasty verse to live in.

And speaking of InFamous, Prototype can give a run for money

There's a grimoire card from the perspective of the Cabal (A race in Destiny) that really emphasizes how bad the verse is when your race isn't one of the stupidly OP ones. On one hand they're fighting an unwinnable fight against a foe with infinite resources (Vex), on another hand they're being slaughtered en masse by unkillable zombie servants of an incomprehensible god that seem to like reckless sparrow riding, ornate weapons, and dancing (Guardians/humanity). The verse is unpleasant (but improving) in general, but its especially bad for the likes of D1 Cabal and the Fallen. Especially the latter.

Alright, rewrite time Destiny:

- Humanity was uplifted by the Traveler into it's Golden Age only to then get immediately roflstomped by the Darkness, who I shit you not, performed the simultaneous torture of every Human in the solar system. Humanity then descended into a state of regression that lasted for centuries.

- Humanity has been pushed back into a single City that has been under siege for centuries by; a militaristic super-empire, an unending swarm of undead monstrosities, A timeline-spanning collective of reality warping machines, and four armed pirates who've lost everything that they once had.

- In the game, we are forced to eradicate the last remnants of a dying civilization that is fighting for what little hope they have. We murder their Servitors (Machines that generate Ether, which keeps the Eliksni alive), leaving their children to starve and their general framework to falter even more so.

- The Eliksni once had the Traveler and an empire that was spread across multiple star systems, until the Hive (undead swarm mentioned above) destroyed their civilization and those few that managed to flee arrived in our solar system full of hope, only to be denied by Humanity because we needed it. This sparked the start of a war that has lead to the total collapse of the remnants of the Fallen (Eliksni) society.

- The three princesses of the Osmium Court of the Krill, who had been betrayed by their royal advisor to a rival clan, were forced to flee into the deep ocean to survive. There they met the Leviathan, a creature of the Light, who told them to go back to the surface and die. They refused and dived to the center of the Fundament (the planet they were on) were they found the Worm Gods who offered them immortality in exchange for their species devotion to the Final Shape and to a crusade that entitles them to kill everything else in the Universe. They start this crusade by consuming the Worm larva and then killing every other species on the planet

- This is the start of a chain of events that leads to hundreds if not thousands of civilizations, some that were uplifted by the Traveler and some that were not, being annihilated. The Krill (who were now called the Hive) slaughtered empire after empire after empire in tribute to their three lords, the Worms and to the Darkness.

- The Cabal empire is made of hundreds of slave races bolted into a military dictatorship that regularly destroys planets and enslaves new species.

- The three factions you have to choose from are: - A group of people that want to abolish the consensus and turn the City into a monarchy. - A cult that is absolutely obsessed with war. - A group of nihilists that want to leave the Traveler and the earth behind.

- The Vex exist both in the far future and distant past and could be working towards a goal that is already historic fact to us.

- On top of everything else. in the verse, the Taken are treated as the most horrifying race.

-The Vanguard censored all the information about the rise and fall of Rezyl Azir/Dredgen Yor, and when Osiris investigated the Vex to closely he was labeled a heretic and was exiled from the City.

Destiny may be marketed to be about hope, but when you look at the details...yeesh.

Dark Souls: There's zombie and monsters everywhere and there's also weirdos who literally want your humanity. Also you have likely just contracted the curse of the undead by entering the verse, so you are likely bound to become a hollow.

Bloodborne: Considering we have proof that every other cities are in a situation similar to Yharnam, you are fuc*ed. God abominations that will fry your brain/make you pregnant, blood infusions that turn you in to a beast, crazy lunatic killing those they show shings of beasthood, the red moon that makes people go crazy, crazy cults making experiments on civilians and beasts shapeshifted as humans that will try to eat you.

Scribblenauts: Maybe not if in character, but I kill everything in that game. Sometimes subjecting them to a torturous existence of many forced pregnancies and of fighting to death, sometimes lava/fire, other times poisons, electrocution, being eaten alive, etc. Maxwell himself, doesn't have it that bad though.

Well that's just cruel

I make sick gadgets like an electric sword you can throw at people then spins back into your hand.

SMT/Persona but Persona moreso imo.

Unless you're a highschooler, you basically have no free will because some god is manipulating you without you knowing they exist. Every few years the world is put in danger by something and your only hope is a bunch of 16 year olds.

At least in SMT, you KNOW the world is shit. In Persona, you never know when you're gonna be offed by a supernatural force. That's spooky.

@Ivory and Monarch

Two types of people

Coming up soon, why the Fallen in Destiny have it even worse than the rest of the verse.

The Fallen are a dying race of space pirates in present. Their society is plagued by backstabbing, hierarchy, starvation, etc. The biggest and strongest Fallen take up a majority of their sustenance, and leave little for the others, and they still starve themselves. Lesser fallen have their arms amputated to cement their lowly nature. Clearly the weakest of the factions that could not hope to compare to the blessed might of the Guardians, or the dark magics and Gods of the Hive, or the reality infecting science of the Vex, or even the sheer military power of the Imperium of Cabal. They survive for scrounging for supplies and the meager reserves of their precious Ether, which Fallen physiology is dependent on for survival.

Now, this would be bad on its own. But the thing is, to the Fallen it is far worse than just that. You see, they used to have the same blessings of the Traveler now possessed by Humanity, and you can see just how powerful that made us. They were better than us in fact, with Fallen biology being superior to regular humans, more advanced technology, far more unity than humanity could ever hope to achieve, the strongest of the Fallen could have been be considered outright gods, just as the strongest Guardians can. So what changed? Simple. The Darkness showed up, and the Traveler abandoned the Fallen like it had abandoned so many species prior. Without their blessings, the Darkness made short work of their species and they only even still exist in their tortured state as what amounts to an open threat to Humanity by the Darkness. Their pathetic existence is allowed to continue because that's basically the Darkness's way of saying "I've met with species that had the same blessings of the same God as you guys. Look how they're doing now". In fact, the only reason that this didn't happen to Humanity was because Rasputin, an ancient human built Warmind, figured out what was going to happen and crippled the Traveller to force it to put faith in Humanity as its last resort. Yeah, we're only around because one of our forgotten superweapons crippled God. Imagine being a Fallen, having your God bail on you, being allowed to survive as a shell of your former glory only as a taunt to another species, and to watch them flourish and develop with the might you just had. Wouldn't it make you seethe with rage? Well, a bunch of other things humans do to the Fallen would too.

The Fallen are not only under attack by the races they steal from to survive, but also directly by Humanity. You see, Humanity knows of the Fallen's potential to uplift themselves, to rise up once again. And it terrifies us. As such, we run operations to cripple their Ether supply, (which means that the PC literally starves children but muh protagonist centered morality), kill their leaders, and outright commit genocide to stop their ascent. Three times there have been major Fallen ascencions, and all three times they are ruthlessly culled by The Guardian. The first instance was with Skolas, an ambitious Fallen who aimed to unify his race, become the Kell of Kells, and lead the Fallen into a new prosperous age where no longer do they have to starve, no longer do they have to wallow in the refuse and shadows of others. Skolas is a boss. The man broke into the Vault of Glass (a location where a Vex can decide you aren't real on a whim and from that you'd get retroactively EE'd) and stole tech from the Vex, even briefly usurping their power over their own space. That is literally a perfect example of that Fallen pragmaticism and cunningness that allows them to survive even while crippled. Skolas was bringing the other Kells under his banner too, and most of them did so voluntarily. So obviously this is an issue for humanity, the Fallen getting uppity again. We chase him around the solar system, he gets sent to the Prison of Elders, an absolute hellhole, to say the least, then you break into the Prison of Elders to murder him. Damn, that's cold. You get the excuse that Skolas is a butcher or war criminal or some shit, but even if that's true Humanity shouldn't really be one to judge, what with their genocidal crusades against this race. Who can really blame Skolas for brutality against those that oppress his people, that would rather see them all starve slowly than cede any amount of power? By what right should the Guardians claim the moral high ground here? What doesn't help is that Skolas, as the prophesized Kell of Kells, is essentially a messianic figure. He easily unites his people, and even while crippled is enough of a threat that he and his skills in this area are comparable to a Hive God. Skolas was celebrated even in the Fallen culture of backstabbing and not wanting to give up any power, and due to being too dangerous in this regard he was hunted down and killed by the very people the traveler abandoned the Fallen for. The second example of this is when the Fallen discovered SIVA, some ancient human technology that theoretically can do just about anything. Some fallen integrate it into their biology and amazingly, it works. One basically becomes a machine God, and even basic SIVA fallen are beyond the need for Ether. Think about the implications like that. Maybe with some guidance a resolution could be reached between the Fallen and Humanity, as the Fallen no longer need to raid Human resources to live. Obviously there's going to be hostility and tension, but maybe an alliance against the much greater foe could be procured. At the very least, the Fallen wouldn't be a species facing starvation and extinction any more. They could be free of their limits. But of course powerful Fallen is too dangerous to humanity so lets commit more genocide. And so we do. While SIVA on its own is horrifically dangerous, it's not absolutely uncontrollable. Rasputin manipulates it with ease (though after all that's happened, he's more nominally on the side of humanity than anything else), and Banshee-44 and Shiro-4 figured out how to greatly enhance weapons using it. SIVA wasn't designed to be a machine plague, it was designed to do whatever the programmer does. But alas, it was not meant to be. The third example is of the Forsaken, who are essentially zombie Fallen banded together behind Awoken Prince Uldren Sov. The Forsaken have entirely transcended traditional death itself, with one of the Barons even becoming a Hive God by force. The Forsaken don't need ether either, and as a society are beyond the trappings of backstabbing and hierarchy that plagued the Fallen so. However, the Forsaken, being allied with Uldren, killed Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6, so of course the PC goes on a revenge quest against them, wiping out their leadership and huge swaths of their numbers. To make matters worse, Uldren was only manipulating them for his own benefit. Uldren was being manipulated by Riven, who was being manipulated by Savathun, Oryx's sister. The Forsaken aspirations of greatness were ultimately for naught, as they all were just pawns to a far higher power. Everyone in the Forsaken DLC was basically strung along by Savathun the whole time, and nobody even knew until it was far too late. The worst part about this is that from a human perspective, this is easily justified seriously by the reasons that I kinda mocked above. A unified Fallen are simply far too dangerous and hold far too much hatred for us to be allowed to exist. It's less a matter of morality and more a matter of survival on the part of both species, which is sad. There is some hope though, with one particular Fallen captain who the Guardian canonically spares later being integrated into the City and eventually becoming a Guardian himself, hinting at a possible Fallen alliance, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

TL:DR, The Fallen used to be Humanity+, now get genocided by Humanity while we basically flex their own stuff on them and watch over them to make sure they don't stop starving.

Edit: Oh yeah, as an added bonus. Their Ether is actually synthetic Light. You know, the same Light that makes Humanity so strong and once made the Fallen so strong. Their biology was altered in a way that they become dependent on the Light, and they would flat out die without it. This cheap substitute is the best they can get, and we still go and sabotage it. This has some implications about Humanity and our possible developing dependence.

In this scenario, would you obtain the possibility of accumulating the abilities that exist in the franchise?

For example:

If you went to the Star Wars-verse, you can train to be a Jedi or Sith.

If you were apart of the Naruto-verse, you can train to become a ninja.

And so on.

If so, then I wouldn't really mind going anywhere for the most part. I'd like to think I'd be pretty powerful in any verse I join.

If not, and I'm just regular old human me, then literally every verse ever, why would I go anywhere else when the only things that are different are my surrounds and that you have a much higher likelihood of death?

Destiny is actually really bleak when you go into the lore, especially for the less well off races. Even Oryx and his family have a great deal of tragedy. I guess it's another 40k parallel of many lol

Now if only they could put that sense of world building and depth into the actual game so people who aren't like me who will read through all this stuff can actually appreciate it

@Wok

The Scorn (zombie Fallen) wanted to kill all the other Fallen so they could be resurrected as more Scorn, and they hate the Traveler. So sue me for having to destroy them.

Also, to back up the section about Skolas, here is a quote from him:

Ask them our name. Ask your masters what they call you. Ask the hollow, the hateful, the Awoken with alien dreams encysted in them! Ask them our name!
Fallen. They name us Fallen.

Listen to me, Wolf-born! Heed me, Whirlwind-scattered! I am the ghost of Cybele, the cunning claw of Iris, betrayed, chained, encrypted by the Queen, sent back from the Darkness to save us all! The days of Kell and House end now. The calendar of slavery and abasement goes to the fire. We are a new calendar! We are an age of beginnings! Each of us is a day!

I am the first, Kell of Kells, and I am the last, the Dreg of Dregs. I have conquered and been conquered. I am all of us and all of us are I. In the shape of my life I bind up all of us, all of our fury, all of our grief, all the lives we have wasted against each other. Together we speak our new name.

Remember the hope that brought us here. Remember the age before the Whirlwind, when ether ran free, when we ruled ourselves and our futures as kings. We wanted more than glimmer and glints and herealways. Always remember that we came to this star in hope. And remember that we were denied! Remember the City of the Death of Children, the City That Docks, which claimed for itself the Great Machine that might have saved us. Remember the City that even now sends its ghouls to murder our Primes, starve our ether, and leave our young to die gasping. Curse that City and its name. The curse is just.

We gathered to take that City and save ourselves from extinction, saying to each other, we must be a storm, a Whirlwind, a darkness, for it is said that only pain may be stolen from the dark, and we can let no more be stolen from us. We gathered to fight against our twilight, King and Devil and Winter, all of us but us, the Wolves. Why? What kept us from the Gap?

The Reef. The Queen. The slavers who played us against each other and docked us into subservience. These sly sterile un-people, these mirages with cold minds twinned to their own, these Carybdis butchers, they set us against each other. She played us. She made herself our Kell.

We were fools, o children of the Whirlwind. We fought each other when we most needed unity. I fought my rivals when I should have fought the Queen. But I remember now, my dregs, my captains, my Kells, each of us is all of us and I remember: we are a people of resilience. I am the Kell of Kells because I want what we have lost. I am the Dreg of Dregs because I remember that a dreg will grow back what is lost to him.

Ask them my name! Ask them with the shock blade and the shrapnel launcher! Ask them with the skiff and the ketch! Ask your masters by what right they master you, you who have been hardened by centuries of flight, you who inherit the Whirlwind! Ask the Queen for her throne!

Ask them our name. Let them answer: you are Skolas, Kell of Kells. You are Fallen no more.
~ Skolas, Kell of Kells​
For even more reassurance that Skolas was right, read this.

Assuming no one mentioned it yet, im going to do it myself.

Touhou: Yes, this flatland-waifu world can be one of your worst choices to live on if you are an outsider. Assuming you are an outsider and manage to enter Gensokyo in some way or another, your fate is pretty much sealed. Unlike native humans to those lands, outsiders aren't protected by a contract that prevents many of the creatures to kill or eat you. Yes, eating you. You will probably not be aware that one girl resembling a human with a funny hat or head ornaments is your utter doom. And also, if you are willing to go to the human village or some shrine around to be protected, that will be extremely hard. Don't expect your death to be an epic danmaku battle, no. They will go straight to kill you with one of their abilities or by sheer force, and escaping chance is pretty much null by obvious reaons.

Heck, even if you somehow end being on the human village and decide to stay there for whatever reason, your safety isn't guarenteed if you ever exit that place. Youkais are always rampaging around, specially on the night.

I'm pretty sure more than someone here will try to befriend what would look like a human little girl but seconds later getting eaten and killed by this little girl just to feed on your flesh. That's... creepy.

This world isn't actually that bad compared to other worlds such as SCP or Nuclear Throne. I don't know if i would prefer to be eaten and killed by a little girl rather than being mindfucked or banished by some SCP or being in a world that is already dying by radiation itself and having my flesh melted or being killed by some monster rampaging around.

If skolas was a human you could unironically say skolas did nothing wrong lol

To be fair killing the fallen to rez them as scorn means they're free of their hunger, and the Traveller is basically just one big symbol of oppression to them that abandoned them once before. Also they're pawns of savathun like everyone else in the verse not named Oryx or The Darkness.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Homestuck would suck.
You're living a normal life then suddenly a thousand meteors hit your city and everybody dies.
Don't forget:

A) That the VERY last meteor is created to wipe out the whole planet, if you somehow survive the barrage, you are NOT surviving that one no matter how hard you try.

B) Your multiverse randomly being destroyed by an angry dog-man who hates frogs.

C) If you die in Sburb twice (Or three time if you have dream selves), you go to the Bubbles. And if English is around and blows it up, you are dead forever.

And the worst one.

D) YOU HAVE NO FREEWILL. No matter what you do, everything you do is already predetermined by fate, and if you somehow screw around with time, the timeline will split and will kill everything on it .

They say Warhammer 40K sucks, and SCP is a nightmare... but this one is outright hopeless if you think about it.

@Numbers Hell, the trolls have it even worse, being slaved, possibly dying to multiple different things, if you're a low blood you're just a puppet to the highbloods, your race is focused on war.

Life just sucks there.

Also

Just to put a cherry on the awful cake that is to live in Destiny, here's an excerpt of the Hive's version of the Bible;

"Its done. Eir and Yul feed on the Leviathan's carcass. Xivu Arath has made a temple of the Chroma-Admiral's impaled corpse. Below us, Savathun's poisons stain the Ammonite home sea black. Their screams flavor the void." - Verse 2.9

Back