• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doflamingo, Luffy and Sabo upgrade

all 3 are currently listed as "Likely 7-A".

First off: Sabo was in a fight against a casual Fujitora. During their fight, Sabo took Fujitora's Ferocious Tiger head-on before dispersing into flames and charging into Fujitora: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/757/10

Fujitora's Ferocious Tiger has a calculation that makes it a Small Island Busting attack (which is accepted on this wikia): http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=26604 -- Since Sabo was capable of holding his ground for a few moments (without any visible use of haki) before dispersing into flames, I believe that it is safe to upgrade him to "At least 7-A. Possibly higher" since he could hold out against such an attack and retaliate immediately after.

About Doflamingo: Due to Jozu having a "High 7-A" tier due to his fight against Aokiji, Doflamingo's tier should be "At least 7-A. Likely High 7-A" since his threads were capable of stopping Jozu mid-attack and held him down with little-to-no resistance from Jozu: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/561/8

Aokiji, who defeated Jozu via freezing could not make such short work of Doflamingo, who almost immediately escaped from the ice: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/699/5 , though, it could be argued that Aokiji was not aiming to damage Doflamingo.

Perhaps with his feats against Jozu and Aokiji, he could be listed as being "Likely High 7-A"

It should also be noted that Doflamingo defeated the likes of: Sanji, Smoker, and Trafalgar Law.

His durability should be upgrade as well, but I am not confident with his durability equaling his AP since his most notable means of dealing damage comes from enhancing his physical blows with his threads, but due to his repairing capabilities, it would likely upgrade to "At least Mountain" as well.

I'd like to request that Doflamingo's Attack Potency be upgraded to:

At least Mountain, Likely Large Mountai

while his Durability reads:

At least Mountain, possibly higher

About Luffy: his tier should reflect similarly to Doflamingo's since he managed to deal the majority of the damage dealt to him throughout Dressrosa.

His tier should be upgraded to "At least 7-A. Possibly higher" since his Gear 4th was fully capable of doing serious damage to Doflamingo. He was also capable of withstanding an assault from Doflamingo's haki-infused threads that were piercing him.

The upgrades that I am asking for:

Sabo: "At least 7-A. Possibly Higher" from "Likely 7-A"

Doflamingo: "Likely High 7-A" from "Likely 7-A"

Luffy: "At least 7-A. Possibly Higher" from "Likely 7-A"

Thank you for your time!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am uncertain whether or not we should scale Doflamingo and Luffy from Jozu. Maybe, maybe not. I would like to see more input regarding this issue.

Anyway, if they are scaled from Jozu, I think that they should probably be given "At least Mountain level. Likely Large Mountain level" in both attack potency and durability. And given that Sabo barely blocked a Large Mountain level attack, if other members agree, he should probably be upgraded to "Likely Large Mountain level".

For Doflamingo, it isn't a matter of scaling him from Jozu. Doflamingo did intercept Jozu mid-attack on Crocodile and Jozu was shown unable to escape from his strings. Also, Aokiji was capable of defeating Jozu by freezing him whereas Doflamingo was capable of escaping Aokiji's ice without much difficulty: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/699/5 .

What is wrong with Doflamingo's strings being inescapable by Jozu and Doflamingo escaping Aokiji's ice as examples? Jozu was at Doflamingo's mercy and, unlike him, could not escape from Aokiji's ice.

There isn't much more I can argue since there are no calculations for Luffy or Doflamingo during KKG since Rib's calculation was stated invalid due to his suggestion that "Doflamingo was falling at rest" or something like that.

Due to Doflamingo holding Jozu down and breaking free from Aokiji's ice (Jozu being High 7-A while Aokiji's feats place him at being at least High 7-A), it should make him be at least comparable to the two.

Okay then. I agree that this sounds reasonable, but I would like to see input from other members.

Yeah, I think I'm primarily trying to make up for when I attempted to make Doflamingo and Luffy High 7-A and it resulted in them being put as 7-B :p...

But I do find Doflamingo being almost equal to Jozu's AP very likely since he could keep him held down for quite some time with almost no resistance.

Another point that could help a little bit is that Luffy could escape Parasito when entering Gear 4th while Jozu was practically motionless, if that can help.

If we want to powerscale from the Whitebeard's division commanders we have to be very careful about it. They have no legit calculated feat that puts them there to begin with. They are rated there via powerscaling from the admirals they fought.They clearly did better against the admirals than Sabo or Doffy did. Plus when Doffy fought Aokiji, Aokiji had injuries all over his body from his fight against Akainu so he wasn't at his best. Aokiji didn't even have a leg. I serously this Aokiji is anywhere near the level he was in marineford. So we can't powerscale doffy to aokiji the same way we do for Jozu.

And in the Jozu vs Doffy encounter that was not a full fight and very brief. I don't think we should use such small encounters for powerscaling as we also see crocodile holding his own against 6-C characters briefly while he is just 7-B.

For those reasons I am against Doffy's upgrade. But I would like our calc group to check the Ferocious Tiger calc. From there powerscaling can work.

Yea, the Doflamingo vs Jozu thing wasn't even a fight and was mostly Doflamingo messing with Crocodile. Also, Jozu got foddered by Aokiji near the end and lost an arm in the fight so the powerscaling to mountain from there is already tenuous as it is.

Ferocious Tiger...I'd have to think about the powerscaling on that one and reread the chapters. The Dressrosa arc really failed to capture my attention for a long time.

@Basilisk1995

Aokiji has scars, not injuries, and Doflamingo did escape from Aokiji's ice. It wasn't really a fight, but I felt like pointing that out since Jozu was frozen solid but Doflamingo escaped almost instantly with no debilitating effects. Stating that Aokiji was injured doesn't make sense since his fight took place almost 2 years prior. Do you think that his injuries affect his ability to use his Devil Fruit effectively?

There is still the case of Doflamingo's bird cage pushing back Fujitora (At least High 7-A) and Zoro while slicing through the King's Plataeu + Coliseum, which should support Doflamingo's thread Attack Potency to a degree.

It's for these reasons that I'd think Doflamingo to be "At least 7-A" and if he is powerscaled to Jozu, "likely High 7-A".

Scar or injury, Aokiji didnt have a leg and that's a huge handicap so powerscaling to his prime same way we do for Jozu is out of question. To answer your question yes I think even after 2 years and probably for the rest of his life Aokiji will be significantly weaker than he was at Marineford.

i'm in agreement with Basilisk, we should be careful with the powerscaling as the WB Commanders don't have direct feats themselves

@Basilisk

What about my statement made about Bird Cage, if that changes anything?

I think that there needs to be a re-redone KKG calculation, to be honest.

Also, Jozu's tier seems reasonable not only for him fighting against Aokiji for some time, but also stopping and redirecting Mihawk's slash.

What feat does Jozu have again? Scaling from him would be pointless. Luffy already has a mountain level feat with king kong gun, 7-A, Likely Higher is good enough for him

We can wait until we get more feat, no need to get impatient

There is no Mountail level calc for Luffy, Sabo, Zoro or any high tier for OP verse. The next higher calcs are Small Island level and they are always from an Admiral. Luffy previously had a Large Mountain level calc for KKG which was proved to be wrong and the right calc is City level.

Basilisk1995 said:
Luffy previously had a Large Mountain level calc for KKG which was proved to be wrong and the right calc is City level.
It appears I have missed the downgrade

Well, I don't think any upgrade is necessary right now, we should wait until we get more feats. What's your opinion?

I agree with that. All that can happen is maybe we upgrade Sabo's durability if the Ferocious Tiger calc is right or we may not.

As ferocious tiger has a lot of AoE with it. Even though Sabo was very close to the attack but not all of it hit him. Most of the attack had to do with destroying the surrounding. So I am even not completely okay with Sabo's durability upgrade even if the calc is right.

From what I remember we made a rough power-scale from Jozu with Doflamingo, which extended to Luffy, but did not give them full benefit of the scaling, due to the general inconsistencies of the matchups during the Whitebeard War.

Is it just me or are Doffy and Luffy getting upgraded every week XD

I'm not complaining or anything cause the stronger the one piece characters are the better but still :p

@Pocket-Chu it's just that I am trying to redeem myself after having the Rib calc considered invalid with my last suggestion for an upgrade and got Doflamingo and Luffy from "Likely High 7-A" to "At least 7-B" -- it hurts to think about xD.

Okay, how does it sound if I use Doflamingo's threads from bird cage? They were created from him, but the physical efforts of Zoro (7-B) + the coliseum fighters + Fujitora (who's physical abilities allowed him to stop all of Sabo's strikes, when he could apply casual City+ feats) could only stop the threads at best, could Doflamingo be 7-A?

is there no difference between "Likely 7-A" and "7-A"? I thought that "Likely" meant that they could be, but lack supporting feats that would make them this tier while "7-A" would be without doubt. Can I edit it for Doflamingo and Luffy or no?

I don't know. I am very tired in general. Let's wait for input.

Back