• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doesn't Amaterasu count as hellfire?

It definitely has all of the quilifications to be hellfire:

"Once created, it can continue burning for seven days and seven nights. The flames cannot be extinguished with water or any other normal methods;[5] only the user can put the flames out.[6] Said to be "the fires from hell" and to burn as hot as the sun itself,[1] Amaterasu burns any material — other flames included — until nothing but ash remains.[7] Throughout the series some objects have shown some degree of imperviousness to the flames such as Gaara's chakra-infused sand,[8] and Naruto's Version 1 chakra cloak."

Amaterasu is an esoteric flame, but not really considered unholy nor related to demons by the verse standards, beyond saying "fires from hell" it do not have anything hellish.

If they are related to Samsara's facet, it have more to do with death/destruction, but I'm not the most knowledgeable about that.

Yeah, I'm not really rolling with Hellfire.

Heaven or Hell is scarcely ever mentioned in Naruto. And Amaterasu certainly has nothing to do with those.

It doesn't cause additional pain, and it isn't proven to work on souls either. The only requirement that it meets is being superior to regular fire, and being differently colored.

True Samahda flames have way wya more evidence than Amatarsu being hell fire manipulation

But for right now I won't make a crt for it

But I agree anyway Amatarasu doesn't really have much to prove it being Hell fire manipulation

Back