• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Saitama REALLY has a plot armor/passive plot manipulation, or this is just a rumor?

Schnee One said:
Where is this coming from?
Probably because people say Saitama will always be as strong as he needs to be for plot reasons. Which is true to an extent but not in the way the OP is framing it.

To answer the OP's question no he doesn't. Sure he's been lucky for the sake of plot but that's not the same as canonically having plot manipulation.

I'm late but TheDoom sort of bumped this by joining in so I'll just talk now that it's back. Although my reply is unnecessary I guess since lol no. People wank him by saying that because he's a "gag" character in their eyes, and in his verse is the strongest already, he will automatically be stronger than anyone he fights, some people also go as far as saying he's always strong enough to one shot his opponents, which is blatantly wrong. OPM wank like this is the wank I hate the most, and that's coming from someone who absolutely adores OPM (3rd favorite verse in fiction).

Yes, he does.

Just not in a vbw context outside of his own universe.

If Reinhard Heydrich happened to drop into the OPM verse for some reason, Saitama would stomp him.

Some characters are built up and elevated in a story basically to never lose, Yogiri Takatou is another character who is extremely unlikely to lose against most characters within the context of his own verse.

He's OP (via gag) but not actual plot armor/passive plot manipulation more via Narrative (satire on fighting animes, etc.)

Saitama cannot go out of his comic and literally rewrite the plot like Bugs Bunny or Cosmic Armor Superman do. Yes he's unreasonably powerful for the sake of plot, but that doesn't give him Plot Manipulation.

When can everyone just accept that Saitama is currently (meaning based on current feats, statements, and scaling) only between high end multi-continent (surface) level to planet level. I'm sure he'll get much better feats in the future, but regardless, there is a mountain of evidence proving that Saitama is not unbeatable in any way, regardless of whether he's in his verse or another. Yes the main joke of the series is that he one shots monsters and doesn't need to overcome obstacles during the series unlike regular protagonists (because he parody's them), but there are several character's who can survive his punches and continue fighting after receiving them (not counting normal humans obviously), it's also possible that Elder Centipede could have taken a normal punch since Saitama used a Serious Punch on him. It's clear that, while the name of the show is One Punch Man, it doesn't mean that there are never opponents who he won't one shot. Not to mention the implications of him needing to actually put effort against Boros and Garou. I'm 80% sure he'll eventually find an enemy that he needs to go all out against. Who knows, he may actually lose eventually, it's not an impossibility. Hell, Murata actually said that one of his favorite ideal endings is a revelation that God granted Saitama his powers, but takes them away at the end of the series, making Saitama a normal human, in this scenario God would also make Genos a normal human, then they go off doing adventures together, trying to get stronger.

Ionliosite said:
Murata isn't the writer of the series tho, that's ONE.
I never said he is. I was just referencing it. Also, while he isn't the writer, he still holds a lot of relevance on the series and is the second most reliable source for info.

Back