• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who (Hopefully Final) Revisions

No, the Eye affecting the Guardians. I suppose you didn't see the edit.

That doesn't mean it can de-power them, it was specifically made to stop Sutekh. Also, it's 99.999% likely that The Doctor has never used it against The Guardians, so this is a moot point.

Technically almost nothing is ever used against the guardians because nothing short of the key to time can even EFFECT them.

But eh.

The gods of ragnarok can teleport people to their circus so BFR?

The most I can guess is one or two inconsistencies?

• The book is set between the TV episodes The Visitatio and Black Orchid, despite the fact that there is no gap between those two stories. For the Toymaker, it apparently leads into The Nightmare Fair, though it is incompatible with various elements of that story.
  • Each character receives a lengthy "flashback" dream sequence full of unnecessary background information and references to previous episodes. Many of these contradict the very episodes they reference: for instance, the Rassilon Imprimatur is presented as a real thing that a person needs in order to travel through time, despite The Two Doctors only including it as a lie and despite the on-screen evidence of the Doctor's many companions. Similarly, the Master is called by the name "Koschei", despite that the Second Doctor didn't recognise him by that name in The Dark Path.

The book also associates nonexistence with being "unreal" in a literal sense with a nonexistent tree

So I think it means nonexistence in a literal sense with the black guardian

This is even consistent with the fact the black guardian wants to "dissolve the universe into chaos"

It would mean he wants to make everything nonexistent so it's all part of hiM

We'd need context

You are on spacebattles, right? You can answer on the doctor who thread there

Also I suggest seeing how the author uses nonexistence, could be flowery writing though DW isn't 40k so that might not be an issue

"Suggest seeing how the author used nonexistence"

But I already said, If the nonexistent tree is literally not real, the black guardian probably would be so as well.

I'll look into these later.

Also, the novels like Divided Loyalties (also there's is an implied gap between Visitation and Black Orchid) are secondary canon, so any contradictions they have are just that. The TV show itself is internally inconsistent, but it does have multiple explanations as to why. Should I make a thread on this in the future? I've already got some stuff lined up.

I'd say they're as canon, but The Quantum Archangel is when BBC novels started to become more consistent. Though, I'm fairly sure there's still a lot of contradictions due to the sheer scale of the story.

I think the Carnival Queen was defeated after that Chris guy rejected irrationality, or something.

I guess non-existence is fine for the Black Guardian.

Type 1, possibly Type 2. The latter can be assumed by his nature and existence as conceptual being.

Why only possibly? The type 2 is possibly, but the white guardian can directly effect the black guardian and it wouldn't make sense for the black guardian to not be able to effect nonexistence

If type 2 non-existence is a possibility, then so would void manipulation.

By the way, why does the CT have Type 9 immortality?

Edit: Nevermind, he has a Toyshop within the Toyroom that maintains his existence.

No, Prometheus is a standard Chronovore (meaning Kronos far surpasses him) who was effortlessly beaten and erased from existence by the Six-Fold God. It wasn't as if they chose that form specifically to defeat him.

It also makes no sense for a Chronovore (whom the author describe as essentially looking like a non-transcendental race in comparison) to even somewhat challenge a Guardian, let alone the combination of 6.

There's lots in Doctor Who, none of which are Transcendental Beings to my knowledge.

Also

One thing I find interesting about the whole "time lords removed magic" thing

Even after the carnival queen was defeated, after gallifrey was destroyed during the events of the eight doctor, without the time lords maintaining stuff, magic just kind of... slowly sept back into the universe.

Would explain why new who has more "low level" supernatural beings like the weeping angels

That's speculation, though, also, the Weeping Angels existed since the birth of the universe.

Back