• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who (Hopefully Final) Revisions

@Zach I know magic returned to an extent, but there's nothing about the Weeping Angels. Both of those novels predate Blink.

What are the summarised conclusions so far here?

I think we're (Zach specifically) just listing off new powers and abilities we found, bringing up stuff that wasn't mentioned in the OP, etc.

The original post was concluded.

I don't know. It's fairly directionless at this point, but there'd probably be even more revision threads if we close it now.

Okay. I will unsubscribe in the meantime then. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

BTW

If the TARDIS is physically 5-D (in the inside)

Shouldn't it be Low 1-C with regular attacks, high 1-C with best weapons, or something like that?

Also, how do we quantify this?

CURATOR: You were curious about this painting, I think. I acquired it in remarkable circumstances. What do you make of the title? DOCTOR: Which title? There's two. No More or Gallifrey Falls. CURATOR: Oh, you see, that's where everybody's wrong. It's all one title. Gallifrey Falls No More. Now, what would you think that means, eh? DOCTOR: That Gallifrey didn't fall. It worked. It's still out there. CURATOR: I'm only a humble curator. I'm sure I wouldn't know. DOCTOR: Then where is it? CURATOR: Where is it indeed? Lost. Shush. Perhaps. Things do get lost, you know. And now you must excuse me. Oh, you have a lot to do.

I don't really see how that should scale to regular attacks. The TARDIS isn't big on weapons, either, and neither was The Master's until it fused with another version from an alternate universe.

The Curator is a much later incarnation of The Doctor, so it's probably just knowledge earlier incarnations don't have.

Should the TARDIS have possession? Ivris was originally an alien who had her soul removed so the TARDIS could possess her, and the bad wolf thing happened

Ivris was a specific occasion; she was quite literally ejected from the TARDIS by House. It's unknown if she could do such a feat normally.

Rose was powered by the Heart of the TARDIS, which was the Time Vortex in that story. I'm not sure if it would be possession.

BTW, one last possible thing about the TARDIS and conceptual stuff.

If time lord weapons can damage on a conceptual level, and the TARDIS can detect conceptual beings, and it took the master creating a conceptual bomb to destroy it, and he'll, the time lords CREATED memevores who eat concepts

I don't think conceptual manipulation is out of the question

WITH THAT BEING SAID, whoever tried to put on the TARDIS profile that it was above the guardians was just plain wrong.

This makes plain sense, I'm surprised we forgot that. Didn't the TARDIS even contain and hold up a memetic entity?

Out of the question doesn't mean it's certain, the TARDIS has no direct feats supporting this. The Nocturne is also solid sound, meaning it's not some abstract idea that requires conceptual manipulation to trap rom touch.

That's actually Supernatural Luck. Makes sense for him to have both.

Omega didn't create the Eye of Harmony with his own power, it was just suspended in time with the help of a fleet. Though, Rassilon was said to have enslaved it to Panopticon with his power (I'll get scans). However, the Eye of Harmony is only a star, it produces 11-D energies by not existing.

Edit: The source don't actually say he did it with his own power.

Omega, unlike the other Time Lords, doesn't have a physical form. He's quite literally his own will.

Why should Sutekh resist mind manipulation?

While I'm here

I'm pretty sure the Master shopuld have all of the Doctor's abilties (Though that can be it's own thread)

Yes but

As for Sutekh resisting mind manipulation

Psionics users can resist psionic mind control (like the doctors paper) and the other eygptian gods can't mind control Sutekh. Technically, there are no direct showings of it, but it should be resisted due to how Psionics works in verse.

Also the master having all of the doctors abilities would have been more important if most of the doctors abilities didn't get removed for no reaso the masters profile is bad

@Hellbeast Sure, and I could even help you with it if you want.

@Zach The psychic paper can also be resisted by trained humans, it basically makes a person see what they want to see. I agree with Sutekh having resistance, though, since he resists mind control from other Osirans (can you also provide scans/proof of this?).

Most of the abilities were removed because they weren't his to begin with, such as Explosion Grenades and the Darkheart. A lot of them were also listed twice, such as Matter Manipulation and Summoning.

You've missed the point completely. Those were examples (ones I could remember right now) and many of them were the same powers listed twice or covered by the Sonic Screwdriver.

Also, "literally all of them"?

Eh, it was stuff like the weapon he made that can wipe out a species by hitting one member that shouldn't have been removed

Also Sutekh page is locked

It wasn't made by The Doctor.

• AZLOK: Rivesh Mantilax had developed a weapon genetically targeted at the Viperox, to wipe us from the universe.
And he outright objects to using it. I think he just modifies it to create ultrasonic waves that harm them.

• DOCTOR: Cleverly disguise to fool even me. And a weapon that could kill billions throughout the universe. And now you expect Rivesh Mantilax to reprogram it to wipe out the whole of Russia?
  • AZLOK: It is the only way to make my kind safe, and he will do it.
  • DOCTOR: Only if you still have the weapon.
  • DOCTOR: I'm not going to let you do this, Stark. If you trigger this weapon you will kill millions of innocent people.
  • STARK: You're talking like a Red.
  • DOCTOR: Listen to me, Colonel. You cannot trust Lord Azlok. There's a Viperox Queen giving birth to an army out there. Once this weapon is reprogrammed, there is nothing to stop them attacking Earth.

He threatened to use it.

And besides, the doctors equipment should be a mix of stuff he's made, stuff he's stolen, and supernatural artifacts, as those are the 3 things he usually uses.

Also, the thing about the supernatural luck is it goes a step above increasing his own. He passively STEALS it from everyone around him. This would mean just being near him permanently reduces the luck of ofbers

He was most likely making an empy thread (the villain comments on this, IIRC) and only used a modified version (fine to add this by the way, just specify this and that he used the TARDIS/Sonic Screwdriver—another standard piece of equipment—to amplify it). It's completely against his character to use the killing version, and he'll likely never do it or get something like that again. It's not standard equipment or even really a superweapon.

That stuff is fine, just as long as it makes sense. For example, the Exterminator isn't standard equipment because it's Dalek weaponry that he used once (in an obscure comic, no less) and destroyed.

Ok.

Back