• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange's (MCU) physical AP and Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Spino suggested that I make a revision thread instead of making changes to his profile, I'll do so.

I noticed that Strange's Infinity War key has 9-A durability and AP for surviving being hurt by Ebony Maw and Thanos. However, he can't scale to those characters physically and none of what they've done to him can't be calced or determined by just looking. I suggest just keeping him at 9-C. If you say otherwise, please come up with a satisfactory justification.

ByAsura explained that those spikes could kill any human, which includes Cap. I forgot his reasoning, you can ask him to comment here.

Anything sharp enough can pierce anything. Those microsurgery needles could probably pierce Iron Man.

I didn't suggest 9-A, i was actually saying something more on the lines of resistance to pain manipulation or something like that.

Also, it wouldn't really include Cap, Ebony never met him, but he met Spider-Man.

I said Ebony Maw said it could kill the humans, they were going right through Doctor Strange (not opening wounds though), but he didn't die.

Seems fine and is extremely consistent.

I'll try find the scene.

I think he was specifically talking about Strange at that moment. It's not really possible to evaluate the AP of really sharp surgical instruments.

It is hard to evaluate thin cutting objects rather than blunt impacts.

He wasn't talking about Strange, it was literally the opposite in the context, since Iron Man literally just appeared while he said that, and strange was getting stabbed by several.

The point isn't that he could withstand it, they were easily going through him. The point is that it's probably a resistance feat.

So, should we downgrade Doctor Strange to being physically 9-B?

I would agree with that, it's fairly consistent with him surviving casual telekinetic rubble.

Okay. Do any other profiles need to be adjusted accordingly?

Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back