• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Were sling rings being used to travel the multiverse retconned? If not, is it every specified why Wanda needs America's power specifically when she could've just stolen a sling ring to travel?
Since you asked in a spoiler, I'll answer in a spoiler.

Sling rings weren't used to travel the multiverse, they were used to travel across a singular universe- and, for Doctor Strange, out of the mirror dimension. Wanda needed to absorb America's powers because it'd specifically allow her to freely hop from universe to universe which it was explained she couldn't quite do at her level.

Since you asked in a spoiler, I'll answer in a spoiler.

Sling rings weren't used to travel the multiverse, they were used to travel across a singular universe- and, for Doctor Strange, out of the mirror dimension. Wanda needed to absorb America's powers because it'd specifically allow her to freely hop from universe to universe which it was explained she couldn't quite do at her level.
I understand that, but characters with sling rings on the vsbattles website have multiversal+ range with this as the justification

Sling Rings only travel when you know a place you want to go or someone you want to come like Ned do
But she knew the place she wanted to go because she could see the other universes in her dreams

I understand that, but characters with sling rings on the vsbattles website have multiversal+ range with this as the justification

But she knew the place she wanted to go because she could see the other universes in her dreams

Doesn't it could lead to the place in her universe or other universes? It seem like use America's power can help her come to the universe she want directly

Doesn't it could lead to the place in her universe or other universes? It seem like use America's power can help her come to the universe she want directly
If the sling ring worked the way, it was said to in the first doctor strange movie all she would have to do is think about what she saw in her dream to go to the universe she was dreaming about

And poor Charles Xavier, dying 3 times in movies, first by Jean, some evil wolverine clone, and now Wanda

Strange should have Sound and music manipulation, Resistance to soul manipulation,Resistance to Mind Manipulation....actually all socerers should..and it should be extreme resistance she she easily took out Charles. Resistance to Corruption, Biological/Life creation ( For creating the serpent thingy from his hands )
Summoning (For creating an emoji like monster that ate that car during Gargantos rampage, Should have Energy Constructs ( I think he should already have this but he exhibited this better when he created two hands to pull out a pole and poke Gargantos in the eye), also strange looks like he scales higher than all his shown versions in the movie and this should grant him abilities like Ice manipulation, Power absorbtion.
Does music manipulation even exist on the wiki?

Reed Richards was straight up trolling. First...what the f*ck are street levelers like him and Carter are doing against universal threats?

Secondly why the hell would he tell Wanda of Black Bolts ability. He could have oneshot her. Her guard was down.

Best strategy would have been to have Professor X keep Wanda busy on the Astral plane for Black Bolt or Cap. Marvel to oneshot her.

Also imagine throwing your shield against someone who has telekinesis...

Reed Richards was straight up trolling. First...what the f*ck are street levelers like him and Carter are doing against universal threats?

Secondly why the hell would he tell Wanda of Black Bolts ability. He could have oneshot her. Her guard was down.

Best strategy would have been to have Professor X keep Wanda busy on the Astral plane for Black Bolt or Cap. Marvel to oneshot her.

This👆

Were sling rings being used to travel the multiverse retconned? If not, is it every specified why Wanda needs America's power specifically when she could've just stolen a sling ring to travel?
The way I see it, its more sling rings can take the user to alternate dimensions, as seen by the fact that the Ancient One by herself was able to send Stephen's mind across different dimensions: Quantum Realm, Dark Dimension, Mirror Dimension, etc. Actual alternate universes are beyond their reach.

The way I saw it was that he underestimated Wanda really heavily. For all we know their Wanda never went through any kind of power boost or discovered her full array of powers which is why they saw Wanda as lesser than Strange.

On top of that, they were mostly there to reason with her and really only told her of Black Bolt as a threat, probably not realizing that it was a huge mistake.

TBF though the whole scene kinda made the entire Illuminati seem like idiots considering they all just stood there with a surprised pikachu face while their friends got obliterated

The way I see it, its more sling rings can take the user to alternate dimensions, as seen by the fact that the Ancient One by herself was able to send Stephen's mind across different dimensions: Quantum Realm, Dark Dimension, Mirror Dimension, etc. Actual alternate universes are beyond their reach.
Problem is we’ve seen in NWH that Sling Rings can travel to alternate universes. Maybe the problem is they’re not precise or something but it’s kind of weird to have Wanda need America then in the last movie show that Sling Rings can bring over other Spideys.

Problem is we’ve seen in NWH that Sling Rings can travel to alternate universes. Maybe the problem is they’re not precise or something but it’s kind of weird to have Wanda need America then in the last movie show that Sling Rings can bring over other Spideys.
No, we didn't. That never happened.

If you're talking about the Ned scene with the other two spider-men, they were already in their universe via doc strange's spell. So he teleported them while they were on peter's (Tom Holland) earth.

Tobey and Andrew were already there. They weren't transported by the rings from their universe
No, we didn't. That never happened.

If you're talking about the Ned scene with the other two spider-men, they were already in their universe via doc strange's spell. So he teleported them while they were on peter's (Tom Holland) earth.
Oh, my bad then, didn't know that. Thought they were in their own universes at the time.

Yeah, they retconned the sling rings.

Also, having AC learn Magic is redundant no? Is she Magical in the Comics?
Not really since they can still travel to alternate dimensions, instead of realities it seems. And no but Kamar-Taj is one of the only places in the world where she can learn more about her abilities, she might as well learn a small amount of magic too if she can ig.

Wouldn’t that make the sling ring range something like Inter-Dimensional then instead of multiversal +

Multiversal+ range for the sling ring portals doesn't need be changed, its just infinite alternate realities within the main universe
I’m not sure I’m following, I thought the multiverse that the ancient one was referring to was the multiverse that we are shown in things like Loki/M.O.M/ and NWH.

Not being able to actually travel to these universes would mean that they aren’t multiversal + in range and then being able to use it to travel to places like the mirror dimension would just mean it’s inter dimensional in range right?

I’m not sure I’m following, I thought the multiverse that the ancient one was referring to was the multiverse that we are shown in things like Loki/M.O.M/ and NWH.

Not being able to actually travel to these universes would mean that they aren’t multiversal + in range and then being able to use it to travel to places like the mirror dimension would just mean it’s inter dimensional in range right?
They showed realities like the quantum realm and other acid trip type shit, and the Ancient One states there's an infinite amount of these

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to differ from the wider multiverse, which extends to the other Spider-Mens' universes and the universes we saw in Multiverse of Madness

The latest movie doesn't make the infinite alternate realities tied to the main universe an interdimensional distance away rather than a multiversal+ distance, it just means the wider multiverse makes for higher range

Richards was not trolling. The Illuminati understimated Wanda since the beginning. They thought Strange was a bigger problem and threat. I also believe they didnt know about the prophecy of the Scarlet Witch, so for them it was justa fancy nickname. He believed he could intimidate Wanda by saying that Bolt could just won easily over her. But Wanda was having none of it.

Back