• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Fate Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current justifcation for Fate's Planetary Tiering is unwarranted for two main reasons

1. There's no evidence that the laser possessed planetary attack potency, it's detonation over the cannon itself seems to imply otherwise. It is very likely it simply would have borrowed through the crust and detonated the core, requiring far less than planetary energy. Should be noted as well that his profile states that the laser would have destroyed the Earth in seconds, when Mongul himself states it would actually take minutes.

2. The method in which Fate repelled the attack back at warworld isn't really applicable to his usual attack potency, given that he needed to absorb and relfect the laser itself rather than produce any energy himself. There's no evidence that his typical Eldritch blasts possess this amount of potency, or even potency above the rest of the League; it'd be nonsensical of him to not even attempt to attack warworld if he possessed this level of power normally, regardless of whether he was defending the Earth or not. It could be suggested that he possess's the potential to attain power comparable to the laser itself (whatever that may be, calcing the cannon explosion would be quite fortuitous), but it seems this would require preperation or outside help, and should be noted on his profile alongside whatever his usual attack potency would be.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Hm, I guess what I mean by preperation is that he can't just summon this amount of energy out of the blue and needs a source to produce this amount of energy. But yes that forcefield is ever present as far as I'm aware.

Perhaps a High 6-A Durability rating for this specific shield should work nicely.

It seems that we have reached an agreement then.

It does not seem necessary in this case. It is not a very controversial issue.

Okay. Feel free to edit both of them then.

It doesn't seem he can produce the same amount of energy with regular Eldritch Blasts. He can only "produce" such energy with his special Fate Shield by absorbing and redirecting other sources of energy, such as Warworlds laser or its missiles.

Okay. Then I suppose that "At least High 8-C" seems to make sense, if you are scaling him from other superhumans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back