• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Well. Has there been a finalization for the proposed scaling yet? The one confirmed by SuperAPM (with Trigon and Parallax being set on undecided) should be good to use for that until LordTracer's proposed revisions are verified (which I'll be doing as soon as I get the time)

I'm fine with leaving SBP, I still think ZH Parallax and those I listed earlier should have a '2-B, possibly 2-A' though.

I liked SuperAPM's proposals. He was among the people Ant asked us to contact for review, and Ant seemed to think they sounded reasonable. I think he wants us to wait for PrinceOftheMorning or Kepekley23 before moving any further with it, though.

Well, realistically, no one would be reading 200+ textwalls, so it's better to summarize the posts for convienience of the reviewer. That's what I mean by using SuperAPM's accepted scaling for the time being, as it shows the revisions being accepted in a quick way for when the reviewers were to come

This overhaul of Doctor Fate's profile seeks to better categorize his varying power levels and more thoroughly account for his long history of feats, ranging from universal to multiversal, depending upon the incarnation of the character. A key will be added for each agent of Fate, and a variety of characters who scale to the Fates will also need to be revised as a result. The tier adjustments detailed below represent the conclusions arrived at by a small group of Knowledgeable DC Members and various associated users of the VS Battles Wiki.

2-A Bracket: Nabu, Doctor Fate (Kent & Inza), Mordru (Unbound Lord of Chaos), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), The Phantom Stranger, Trigon, The Spectre (Hal Jordan)

2-B Bracket: Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), Doctor Fate (Hector Hall), Doctor Fate (Eric & Linda Strauss), Mordru (Physical Form), Time Trapper, Infinite Man, Parallax (Hal Jordan), Darkseid, Takion, Highfather

Low 2-C Bracket: Doctor Fate (Kent V Nelson)

It should be noted that the above mentioned scaling does not represent unanimous consensus but instead reflects the general agreement among a majority of reviewers. Specifically, disagreements exist in the following areas:

ClassicNESfa believes that The Spectre (Hal Jordan) is better suited as 2-B, Possibly 2-A.

Zark2099 is Undecided on whether Parallax (Hal Jordan) or Trigo need a revision at all.

LordTracer believes that Parallax (Hal Jordan), Darkseid, Takio, and Highfather are better suited as 2-B, Possibly 2-A.

Thanks for reading, and let us know what you think!

At least going by the thread that gave her the possibly 2-C, POTM was in agreement with the idea.

Okay. Then it is fine.

Btw: Sandman31 has regrettably likely permanently left the wiki, and PrinceOfTheMorning seems to be absent at the moment.

Well, we can start with waiting for Kepekley23. If necessary after that, we might have to wait for a week or more until POTM replies.

Regrettably, neither of them have replied yet, and I would preferably need some help with this.

I am okay with waiting for PrinceOfTheMorning, but might I ask what exactly you are concerned about, Ant? Maybe if I knew your specific concerns, I could either help alleviate them or rethink my analysis.

I am just not comfortable with clearing changes to what POTM analysed earlier without input from members that I know to have good judgement regarding these issues.

You can try again with asking Matthew Schroeder, Ultima Reality, and Sera EX to comment here.

Well, you should probably ask the others. I don't know for how long that he will be gone.

I messaged some of the recommended people who were also Knowledgeable DC members a few days ago. Nobody has gotten back to me yet.

We already have several knowledgeable members in agreement here. I personally don't see what's wrong with just adding the changes, especially regarding Fate's profile specifically, which is pretty inarguably barren and incomplete, but I'm exercising patience. Ant warned me that this could take a few weeks, and the feats aren't going anywhere. So there's no need to raise a fuss about it.

Would you be willing to ask them as well Zark? This is rather important.

I was under the impression we were just waiting for Kepekley, but I haven't seen or heard anything from him in a while.

@LordTracer

Most of the staff members have been too busy IRL to help me out much with content revision threads recently. It is a major problem for me as several important Marvel and DC Comics revision threads have been left unfinished.

@Zark

Thank you for the help.

Dr. Fate himself is not just getting straight up 2-A.

Dr. Fate is getting new keys for his various incarnations, two of which have pretty explicit 2-A feats (Pure Nabu Fate and Kent & Inza Fate). Three other Fate incarnations have explicit 2-B feats but no 2-A feats of their own (Kent Fate, Hector Fate, and Eric & Linda Fate). And one Fate has Low 2-C scaling (Kent V Fate) but tbh, not much more that I know of (may revisit him later; he wasn't Fate for very long).

The Fates are the most solid things about this whole revision. Most of them have direct feats for their proposed tiers. The ones we have some disagreement on are characters scaling from Fate (specifically, Trigon, Hal Spectre, Parallax, and the three most powerful new gods).

Yeah, go ahead.

By the way, I wanna note that Ant thinks my idea of '2-B, possibly 2-A' for those who questionably scale to Corrigan (ZH Parallax, SS Zatanna, etc.) is fine since it was an idea POTM agreed with.

This overhaul of Doctor Fate's profile seeks to better categorize his varying power levels and more thoroughly account for his long history of feats, ranging from universal to multiversal, depending upon the incarnation of the character. A key will be added for each agent of Fate, and a variety of characters who scale to the Fates will also need to be revised as a result. The tier adjustments detailed below represent the conclusions arrived at by a small group of Knowledgeable DC Members and various associated users of the VS Battles Wiki.

2-A Bracket: Nabu, Doctor Fate (Kent & Inza), Mordru (Unbound Lord of Chaos), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), The Phantom Stranger, Trigon, The Spectre (Hal Jordan)

2-B Bracket: Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson), Doctor Fate (Hector Hall), Doctor Fate (Eric & Linda Strauss), Mordru (Physical Form), Time Trapper, Infinite Man, Parallax (Hal Jordan), Darkseid, Takion, Highfather

Low 2-C Bracket: Doctor Fate (Kent V Nelson)

It should be noted that the above mentioned scaling does not represent unanimous consensus but instead reflects the general agreement among a majority of reviewers. Specifically, disagreements exist in the following areas:

ClassicNESfa believes that The Spectre (Hal Jordan) is better suited as 2-B, Possibly 2-A.

Zark2099 is Undecided on whether Parallax (Hal Jordan) or Trigo need a revision at all.

LordTracer believes that Parallax (Hal Jordan), Darkseid, Takio, and Highfather are better suited as 2-B, Possibly 2-A.

-Matthew Schroeder has recently voiced support for 2-A Parallax (Hal Jordan)

Thanks for reading, and let us know what you think!

I would appreciate your input Matthew.

It is very frustrating that we don't get enough knowledgeable input for these Marvel and DC Comics revision threads. I am usually not comfortable with clearing them on my own.

I suppose that you can ask some other administrators to comment here in lack of better options. You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Yay, also I wanna note since it wasn't in the summary post that I think Zatanna's Seven Soldiers key should also be '2-B, possibly 2-A' for the same reason of scaling to a Spectre that may or may not have been 2-A during that story.

Though if Matthew thinks Parallax should just be 2-A, then I could go with that, as well as 2-A for all the others I listed.

That Spectre was so much weaker than already weak spectres who did their 2-A feats it's not even funny.

Parallax should have been upgraded a longgggggggg time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back