• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The series never limited 1001 universes, that was just a bare minimum stated by a character, it's consistent through Dematteis' other works that every thought or emotion creates a universe, ad infinitum. And it's more consistent to scale the most general amont of universes during that period, which was still Infinite, so it would actually be a 2-A feat, it's not too Inconsistent with the Indra feat, but I digress.

So do you think the feat shouldn't be used, or the Fates should be 2-A, or...?

That was one of DeMatteis's earlier works with multiple universes, so it's unclear exactly how he viewed creation at that time. Regardless, it was right after the Crisis on Infinite Earths, so DC proper shouldn't have had any more than one universe at that time in the first place. The only reason this story is an exception is because DeMatteis snuck in other planes and abstract realities as an excuse to do some multiversal exploration. The run itself was short and only ever describes 1001 universes as existing. I think we should only scale the characters based on what is described in the run rather than adapting DC's ever changing multiverse to fit descriptions DeMatteis would go on to give it years later. It's also more consistent with High 2-C characters being capable of chipping and damaging Fate.

He's always viewed creation the same, It's consistent throughout all his works, also, I don't think he even cared about COIE, like he even established Heaven was beyond the multiverse, which means there was still a multiverse of universes at that point. Also, we aren't just using different writers for the lols, it's for a nearly universal (within DC) definition of the term Multiverse.

Anyways i honestly think his justifications were just better than 2-A fates, thinking about it more it wouldn't really be consistent, so can we apply these changes now?

Well I already have the justifications, just need Ant to unlock the page.

Which pages do you need me to unlock?

Take note that you need to write down all of their exact page titles in a list for my script to be able to handle it.

I have unlocked them. Tell me here when you are done.

It's also necessary that somebody goes to the pages these characters have won/lost battles against and removes those from the record.

And it just occurred to me that this also affects Superboy-Prime's second key, which scales to Time Trapper. Somebody should also go in and alter that.

Everything has been edited, apart from Superboy-Prime's second key, which does need to be scaled to The Time Trapper's new statistics.

I have unlocked the Superboy-Prime page. Can I lock the others?

So, should the points of contention like ZH Parallax and Trigon being straight 2-A be brought up now? Or should they have another thread?

Actually Zatanna needs to be unlocked and updated, as it was scaled to 2-C Jim Corrigan. It should be changed from "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C" to "Low 2-C, possibly higher" for now.

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with the current Zatanna scaling?

Also, should we handle possibly revising the emotional spectrum entities before closing this thread?

I'm fine with Zatanna, but I am ultimately of the opinion that Parallax and his peers should be handled in a different thread, considering Doctor Fate was the focal point of this particular discussion.

Well, I only have a few things for Parallax so it should go fairly quickly.

I understand that, but I suspect it may last longer than you expect it to, considering how even the Knowledgeable Members needed for approval seem to be split on the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back