• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In his Doom 2016 key, it's specifically noted that Doomguy's weapons are below his physicals in both his AP and his weaknesses. However, his Doom Eternal key does not specify this. Do they scale to his physicals in Doom Eternal due to being able to damage the Icon of Sin?

The melee weapons do since it's just an extension of his punches, but I forgot if they had other details but I do not think most weapons would unless he magically amps his weapons. But even in Doom Eternal it's still implied his own physical stats are above his firearms and such.

Darn.

But they still can damage the Icon of Sin (And in fact are the only way of doing so in that boss fight), so maybe a "Possibly"? Then again I guess this isn't a CRT.

This was something I was planning to put into a CRT eventually, see what people thought of it. I see I was beaten to it. I'd be fine to make this into a CRT if it's uncontroversial.

At the moment no. His weapons don't scale to his physicals.

As Gews has shown, things such as Quad Damage and such do empower his weapons, and he does absorb strength from his fallen enemies, though that wasn't a direct answer to this question in my opinion.

There's definitely evidence to suggest his weapons scale similarly to his own punches (Bosses being a main point), but if we scaled his weapons to his physicals, then any enemy that could tank their shots would also scale, which isn't ideal for obvious reasons.
If this gets made into a CRT i'm neutral.

I'm especially uneasy about the handgun and stuff assuming to be the same tier as his physical attacks; and same with other mid level weapons for that matter. They're stronger than previous games due to him being able to amp his own firearms, but at best only the absolute heaviest weapons could be boss tiered for the Eternal version.

I think it was stated by Hugo Martin that doomSlayer puts his energy into his weapons and is mostly just an inconsistency thing

Last edited:
Back