• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Revision Thread - Demon-Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately we already know accurate values for the Titans from this calc using their in-game models. Comparing them to humans when we have this knowledge would be strange imo.
If we could find footage of a titan swinging it's arm or something I could get a value from that for AP.

The Titan from Ancient Gods seems no larger than the ones in the games tbh from what I can see, it'd likely only be a few metres or so in difference.

End of Level Message: The horrendous visage of the biggest demon you've ever seen crumbles before you, after you pump your rockets into his exposed brain. The monster shrivels up and dies, its thrashing limbs devastating untold miles of Hell's surface.

Considering the above, I would estimate it to be at least horizon distance which is about 5 km at ground level or 19.6 km on a 30 ft platform.

Last edited:
We can assume a distance but not a method, anything we can guess is just that, a wild guess.

We can assume a distance but not a method, anything we can guess is just that, a wild guess.
Aren't there only three possible methods?

Shockwave
Earthquake
Sheer size

Whichever one that gives the lowest end interptretation can be chosen and then he can be given an "at least" rating.

Unless you mean there are other possibilities.

Sorry if I'm being annoying by constantly talking about this.

Just for reference so nothing is forgotten...
The current subject is: Classic Icon AP. (Statement regarding devastating untold miles of Hell upon death)

Subjects agreed on:
  • Demon Decomposition
    • Demons should be decomposited according to the OP
  • BFG9K Scaling
    • Demons shouldn't scale to the BFG9Ks full potency since it's heat related.
      • This justifies 8-A Heat Resistance though.
  • Doom 3 should stop scaling to the Main Series due to being a separate Universe and being treated vastly different to the rest of the verse overall.

Subjects left to discuss:
  • Demon Resistances (Poison, Acid, Fire, Electricity, Radiation)
    • High tier Demons having Resistance to Mind Manipulation
  • Arch-Vile Forcefields scaling to the BFG
    • Less important now tbh since Demons scaling to BFG are getting downgraded.
  • Former Human Being deleted and split up
  • Unmaker having keys removed, should just be "Classic | Unmaykr" with a Varies tier for Classic

From Doomguy's point of view, he wouldn't be able to see past the horizon, so that would be an arguable minimum distance. Thrashing limbs destroying stuff would imply directly striking the land and its force causing the ground to shake around those strikes.

I'm still personally against this warranting anything. We get very little evidence of anything for it, an random assumptions shouldn't be made imo.

Now that I think about it, shouldn't the New Icon of Sin be physically stronger than the first Icon of Sin?

Here's what I got for the Math:
ValueUnit
Radius 15km
Radius 220km
Richter Mag at Dist.6
Richter Mag of Quake 16.119
Richter Mag of Quake 26.476
KE 17.83483E+17J
KE 22.67218E+18J
Tier 17-A
Tier 27-A
Richter Mag at Dist.7
Richter Mag of Quake 17.119
Richter Mag of Quake 27.476
KE 12.43538E+19J
KE 28.30621E+19J
Tier 16-C
Tier 26-C

It'll be a possibly rating for the classic Icon, and I suppose it will potentially scale to the modern Icon as Firestorm has brought up.

If we use an estimate of 5km for the Horizon (In reality it'd be a little lower since Doomguy isn't 2m tall)
Magnitude 6:
  • (6) + 0.0238*5 = Magnitude 6.119
  • 10^(1.5*(6.119)+4.8) = 9.5169985e+13 Joules
    • 22.746172323135756 Kilotons of TNT
    • 7-C, Town level
Magnitude 7:
  • (7) + 0.0238*5 = Mag 7.119
  • 10^(1.5*(7.119)+4.8) = 3.0095392e+15 Joules
    • 719.2971319311664047 Kilotons of TNT
    • High 7-C, Large Town level

The New Icon of Sin contended with the Doom Slayer which is a stronger version of Doomguy, who killed the first. I think just simple scaling proves he should be stronger.

Yes, if the classic Icon gets upgraded by this, the new Icon will also get a possibly rating, as will anyone who scales.

I'm still iffy on this being used since we don't know the means at which it happened. I'll wait to see what others think.

Personally I agree with this. The new icon should be vastly superior to his predecessor and played a much larger role for the invasion of hell besides being restricted to a simple gatekeeper.

Though I’m not sure what value he’ll have tho now

I dunno if that's how we do it, but I guess it makes sense.
In that case then the final equation becomes:
Mag 6:
10^((6.119 + 5.87)/0.67) = 7.8348349e+17 Joules
  • 187.25704827915870965 Megatons of TNT
  • 7-A, Mountain level

Mag 7:
10^((7.119 + 5.87)/0.67) = 2.4353824e+19 Joules
  • 5.8207036328871890873 Gigatons of TNT
  • 6-C, Island level
We should preferably ask a calculation group member whether we can use this method in this case however, as I'm not sure if we can

Last edited:
I suppose the Classic Icon should get a "possibly" rating from this stuff if it is accepted, and the modern one should probably get a "Likely at least" rating from it. As we still don't know if this is what's actually going on.

I have asked a couple of calculation group members to comment on this topic. In the mean time we should discuss the other subjects since they wont take long.
  • Unmaker having keys removed, should just be "Classic | Unmaykr" with a Varies tier for Classic

Last edited:
Bump.

DMUA has replied to my question, and believes we should use the "Near Total Fatalities" equation for this feat, or the Airblast equation for explosions.
He notes this as it is the equation in which all buildings and structures crumble within, and essentially 100% of life inside this area is killed. Which would seem fair enough for "Devastating" the terrain.

Using this method instead: "Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000"
  • Yield = ((5/0.28)^3)/1000 = 5.69424198251 Megatons.
  • This blast is non-nuclear:
    • 5.69424198251 / 2 = 2.84712099125 Megatons
    • Low 7-B, Small City level

I wanna bring this up.

le crucible should be paralysis inducement/sleep manip for putting Titan’s in a stasis rather than outright negging Immorality type 2 and 4

Probably, it was agreed on the last thread iirc, and may have just been forgotten.

Thanks. While that's out of the way, there's just a few more things to go over.
I would also like to bring up the Slayers current Immortality (Type 2) justification, as I believe this ability should be removed as there is not enough reason to warrant the ability, it sounds moreso like Supernatural Willpower and a simple stamina feat.

It SHOULD be, at least. He has a statement in one of the Slayer’s Testaments about how his iron will remained unbroken, and he has things like him pushing through “mortal wounds” with his rage. If that doesn’t warrant supernatural willpower, i’m not sure what will.

The Icon feat has been accepted as Low 7-B.
So if I'm understanding correctly:
The Classic Icon gets a "Possibly Low 7-B" tier

The Modern Icon and anyone who scales gets a "Likely at least Low 7-B" tier

All that's left to discuss now is the stuff previously mentioned. Or anything anyone else wishes to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back