• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Revision Thread - Demon-Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d suggest adding a justification for Limited Resurrection, and taking Reactive Power Level off of his last key.

RPL is in a different key, and all of his keys have “all previous abilities” on them.

Why exactly is the Crucible getting it’s type 2/4 immortality neg removed? Additionally, should Doomguy have type 2/4 neg for killing the original Icon of Sin and it never coming back?

Last edited:
Ok, so after conversing a bit with people offsite, I disagree with removing The Crucible's type 4 neg. The description of the weapon says it's the only weapon strong enough to slay titan-class demons.

The argument of "they're not dead, they wake up after you take the sword out" gets countered by this because if it's the blade keeping it from resurrecting, then removing it would allow it to resurrect.

I don't see why it "negs" type 2 though, you can do that by just damaging something extensively. It's body was eviscerated by the Doom Slayer.

Bumpo.

As for the Crucible, is there a source for the Crucible being the only weapon capable of slaying Titans?

DOOMEternal_2_19_2021_11_41_49_AM.png

Subjects left to discuss:
  • Demon Resistances (Poison, Acid, Fire, Electricity, Radiation)
    • High tier Demons having Resistance to Mind Manipulation
  • Arch-Vile Forcefields scaling to the BFG
    • Less important now tbh since Demons scaling to BFG are getting downgraded.
  • Former Human Being deleted and split up
  • Unmaker having keys removed, should just be "Classic | Unmaykr" with a Varies tier for Classic

I'm assuming the Arch-Vile forcefield thing comes from their forcefields tanking BFG shots? If so, then it works.

"Former Human Being deleted and split up" not entirely sure what this is referring to.

I agree with the splitting of the Unmaykr.

It's all in the OP for more info.

The Arch-Vile forcefields can tank BFG blasts yes.

Former Human profile seems to cover many types of Zombie, some of which aren't regarded as such in the game, and composites them too much by the looks of it. So the Profile should be removed and started from scratch at a later date.

Oki.

Ok, I do fully agree with the BFG thing then.

So you're just decompositing the zombies? I'm fine with that if there's notable differences between different zombies.

Glyph Creation needs to be taken off the Icon of Sin, the page was changed to "platform creation", and was apparently never about the "Glyph" part in the first place.

I believe that's it then!
If no one has any objections, the list of agreed subjects are as follows:
  • Decompositing the Demons (Just as stated in the OP, every demon should be decomposited)
  • BFG9K Heat Revisions (BFG is mostly Heat Based, any currently scaling Demon should have 8-A Heat Resistance, not Durability. Spider Mastermind was shown vaporised by it so will not have this heat resistance, a note should also be added to the BFGs profile that its Blunt Force scales above Doomguys other weaponry, so is At least 9-A)
  • Older BFG9K Models not scaling to Modern Models (As Dark proposed earlier, the current feat comes from Modern BFGs, with little evidence to show for scaling between eras)
  • Demon Resistances (All demons receive a Resistance to Poison, Acid, Fire, and Radiation)
  • Stronger Demons Resist Mind Manip (Stronger Demons, such as Super Heavy Demons will receive Resistance to Mind Manipulation as the Arch-Vile cannot control them)
  • New Classic Icon Feat (The Classic Icon will receive a "Possibly Low 7-B" rating alongside its current tier, and the Modern Icon will receive a "Likely at least Low 7-B" rating in the place of its current tier)
  • Crucible Immortality Negation (The Crucible should no longer induce Paralysis/Sleep, and instead will Negate Immortality (Type 4)
  • Remove Icons Glyph Creation (The Icon received this power over a misunderstanding and it is simply wrong)
  • Supernatural Willpower for Doomguy (Doomguy should have his Type 2 Immortality removed and replaced with Supernatural Willpower)
  • Arch-Vile Forcefields tanking BFG Shots (The Arch-Viles Forcefields should scale to the "At least 9-A" Blunt force of the BFG9K as they can shield from it)
  • Unmaker Changes (The Unmaker will have only 2 keys, Classic and Modern, the classic key will have tier "Varies, up to at least 9-A" and justification should mention that its power is weaker against certain opponents)
  • Removing the Former Human Page (The Former Human page should be removed and started from scratch)

If modern Icon is stronger than classic, then wouldn't Doomslayer scale?

Doomguy wouldn't since he targeted Icon's weak point.

The Doomguy might scale if you consider the Icon of Sin fight non-canon because the text contradicts it, but i'm personally fine with the changes rn

The Slayer will scale, Classic Doomguy shouldn't scale as this would be a massive Outlier on his behalf, he also exploited weak points in the fight afaik, amongst other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back