• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Upgrades Back to Universal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, good afternoon! I got a reason for DMC upgrades I'd like to discuss, if you good fellows would be so inclined. A while back our very own Matthew Schroeder made a good case for downgrading some characters since the stat justifications on their pages at the time were not quite up to snuff. The three cruxes of those old justifications (those being Kamiya's dubious Twitter cred, the nature of the two worlds fusing, and some nonsense about names I guess) are not what I care to discuss today. Rather, it is a feat displayed after the big bout with Mundus.

After Mundus's defeat at the hands of Dante, the Underworld begins to collapse, similar to how the at least 4-A/3-A realm he created onscreen did. This is supported chiefly by our own eyes but also by information from both the official DMC1 guide and the official DMC4 guide.

There are two main counterpoints to this feat, so let's deal with those.

Come now. It's not nearly as long as his was. And I have everything relevant at hand. I was going to address some counterarguements to scaling in the OP to save time in the discussion, but I'll cut them out for now.

@Gargoyle

Because he made a ******* essay, highlighting every single reason why Universal Dante is absolutely ludicrous. And now this guy comes along and tries to make him 3-A again.

Even though it is completely ridiculous for him to be so.

"This Guy"

Has been on this site for years and was the one who upgraded them in the first place.

Just saying

Seriously, I can't believe you actually went ahead and made this thread. After I told you several times it was incorrect.

The only thing that was collapsing was a portion of the Underworld through which the island was connected. That's it.

And Sparda sealed and killed Mundus. Mundus revived 20 years before DMC1 .

This means that Mundus was dead for about One Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Years, and the underworld was completely normal.

I'm not trying to insult him or anything. I'm just upset this is still an issue.

But dude, seriously.

You can't be in agreement with this, can you?

Matthew, I don't mind hearing some specific reasons. I even asked you about this in chat, but you didn't have anything to say. I really don't mind having my case destroyed, just as long as it isn't brushed aside.

@Gargoyle

Months, but thanks for the sentiment!

EDIT: ninja'd

Wait, now. Is just using the word "resurrected" to relate to Mundus being sealed all there is? And besides, who's to say Mundus wasn't just bringing the place down manually, as opposed to it being tied to his life force?

If it was a manual effort, why being sealed stop it if he wasn't even in the underworld proper when he supposedly started it?

Is the point of contention a matter of range? Because Mundus has demonstrated good range feats. He killed Griffon in the Human World from the confines of the Underworld, for instance.

Let me know if I misinterpreted what you said just now, please. Thank you.

Is it too soon to bump? I'm not used to these things. I'd like to have this resolved pretty quickly, especially since the last big one took only two days, and my OP is straight to the point on just one matter.

Nah at least wait like 6-7 hours before you bump a thread. But as for this thread I'll have to agree with that Matthew is claiming. After he took all that time to debunk all of this 3-A Dante stuff people shouldn't be making more threads trying to upgrade him again. And I mean that with all respect due.

I'm actually genuinely surprised no one's locked this thread yet. As for the OP itself i dont think Dante should be buffed up to Universal for reasons Matthew expertly listed himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back