• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence for High Godly is insufficient but there is more anti feats than feats. In any case, if no such anti feats existed, those statements will grant mid godly at best. I don't see anything on high godly level from it yet.

As for HDE Souls, I did say its fine as long as the Cosmology is that high and dimensionality of characters is explained well.
Can you explain why?? All i have seen untill now is ""not"" enough without explanation of what is lacking.
And I don't see what cosmology has anything to do with Astral Demons, these guys existed before even cosmology existed....the reality has zero bearing on soul dimensionality.

Perhaps, but I don't know the verse, so the information should preferably made more clearer if they want to apply it.
Mid-Godly regen is unrelated to this but Mid-Godly itself was accepted here (Because Demons can heal from just their souls even if their names are destroyed). Refer to Tony's post for why Names in DMC are hella important.

The scans say that Demons can regenerate even when their souls are destroyed. And since their soul is responsible for all their underlying concepts of existence, if the soul dies, so too would their concepts, but if they heal from that, which the scan says that all demons minus the absolute fodder ones can easily do it, it'd be High-Godly, since you're healing from the destruction of all your concepts responsible for your existence.

Mid-Godly regen is unrelated to this but it was accepted here.

The scans say that Demons can regenerate even when their souls are destroyed. And since their soul is responsible for all their underlying concepts of existence, if the soul dies, so too would their concepts, but if they heal from that, which the scan says that all demons minus the absolute fodder ones can easily do it, it'd be High-Godly, since you're healing from the destruction of all your concepts responsible for your existence.
Well if this was posted before in the original quoted post, it would have made sense. Since they are accepted as such, high godly should work. This stuff should be made easier to understand for those unfamiliar with the lore and wahtnot.

In any case, Ig put me for agreement then. If they can come back from fully conceptual destruction, would make sense.

And I don't see what cosmology has anything to do with Astral Demons, these guys existed before even cosmology existed....the
It has tho. It depends on how the verse actually treats higher dimensions and it's people.

It has tho. It depends on how the verse actually treats higher dimensions and it's people.
Well the lore says they are independent of cosmology, they are not bound by it because they precede it. The statements are clear cut in that regard. For reference look at the "Name" statement which is part of the soul.

@Confluctor I did bring up counter points against them having high godly regen btw, such as Dante dying when his soul is ripped from his body or other demons dying when their soul is destroyed.

Also I'd like to clarify one more time.

DMC Demons currently have Mid-Godly because they can heal from just their soul even when nothing else of them is left to salvage from, even if their names are destroyed, and their souls are conceptual in nature and even more fundamental than their own concepts (Which are their Name, Mind, Memory and Information, all four are literal concepts of them, and Name is the most important, as "A Demon's name is its power"), as was explained and accepted in this CRT. To understand just how important Names are in DMC, Tony's post does a good enough job explaining it. Another scan from PoC (here) basically confirms what Tony just typed out in the post, that a Demon's Name is its true power and all that.

Now, expanding upon that.

PoC's next scan that we use for our justification of High-Godly, based on the above details, is as follows:

"Demons: Creatures that have existed since before the creation of the human world, spawned by the primordial chaos that preceded reality and formed by the demon world. All but the weakest demons do not care what they lose, their bodies, their names, their souls or everything, as long as they persist they can regenerate and continue fighting without rest."

PoC now firmly blurts out that Demons can regenerate even from complete obliteration of the soul, whereas previous canon (The mainline games, the manga and the novels) stated that a Demon can keep coming back as long as their soul exists, which is conceptual in nature.

But, Glass argues, as seen above, that Demons don't actually survive their soul getting whacked, like young DMC3 Dante in DT mode (Which gives him his Mid-Godly regen) dying from having his soul suffer the succ from the Neo Generator, and DMC5 Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare dying when Dante busts their cores (Basically their soul in ball form). Others have argued that this was because of regeneration negating abilities, I forgot what Glass's argument against regen neg was. Dienomite also brought up some more arguments here.

Last edited:
Also I'd like to clarify one more time.

DMC Demons currently have Mid-Godly because they can heal from just their soul even when nothing else of them is left to salvage from, even if their names are destroyed, and their souls are conceptual in nature, as was explained and accepted in this CRT. To understand just how important Names are in DMC, Tony's post does a good enough job explaining it. Another scan from PoC (here) basically confirms what Tony just typed out in the post, that a Demon's Name is its true power and all that.

Now, expanding upon that.

PoC's next scan that we use for our justification of High-Godly, based on the above details, is as follows:

"Demons: Creatures that have existed since before the creation of the human world, spawned by the primordial chaos that preceded reality and formed by the demon world. All but the weakest demons do not care what they lose, their bodies, their names, their souls or everything, as long as they persist they can regenerate and continue fighting without rest."

PoC now firmly blurts out that Demons can regenerate even from complete obliteration of the soul, whereas previous canon (The mainline games, the manga and the novels) stated that a Demon can keep coming back as long as their soul exists, which is conceptual in nature.

But, Glass argues, as seen above, that Demons don't actually survive their soul getting whacked, like young DMC3 Dante in DT mode (Which gives him his Mid-Godly regen) dying from having his soul suffer the succ from the Neo Generator, and DMC5 Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare dying when Dante busts their cores (Basically their soul in ball form). Others have argued that this was because of regeneration negating abilities, I forgot what Glass's argument against regen neg was.
Don't forget about dienomite response as well

Post in thread 'DMC PoC continued' https://vsbattles.com/threads/dmc-poc-continued.127739/post-4403817

@Confluctor I did bring up counter points against them having high godly regen btw, such as Dante dying when his soul is ripped from his body or other demons dying when their soul is destroyed.
That's one of the reasons I was disagreeing with high godly before. But if this is new info, then ig it wouldn't hurt to apply it to these characters. If future games decides to ignore it, them downgrade should happen.

I am still against verse wide scaling from just limited info - I do this is is limited, but explicit, so eh. You guys know better here.

Although I do find the canonicity of this game dubious and scaling who verse from it kinda stupid especially since it's region locked to one place and whatnot. But then again, it's not a discussion I want to get into.

It’s a random lore information for high godly that’s barely proven in the series given we’re shown the opposite effects.

Although I do find the canonicity of this game dubious and scaling who verse from it kinda stupid especially since it's region locked to one place and whatnot. But then again, it's not a discussion I want to get into.
Canonicity was already discussed repeatedly in this CRT to not be a problem. The game is also set for a worldwide release in the near future (HOPEFULLY).

It's just the High-Godly regen that is on shaky grounds right now, but the Name stuff from PoC perfectly fits with the mainline games and manga.

It’s a random lore information for high godly that’s barely proven in the series given we’re shown the opposite effects.
I do find it a bit weird to make such a drastic upgrade, however, retcons happens all the time, most we don't like but it's what it is unfortunately. If for some reasons the future installments of the franchise ignores high godly, then downgrade should happen instantly. But for now, I am not against upgrading it from what's shown.

I do find it a bit weird to make such a drastic upgrade, however, retcons happens all the time, most we don't like but it's what it is unfortunately. If for some reasons the future installments of the franchise ignores high godly, then downgrade should happen instantly.
Downgraded back to the canonically-supported Mid-Godly if a retcon like that should happen?

That's one of the reasons I was disagreeing with high godly before. But if this is new info, then ig it wouldn't hurt to apply it to these characters. If future games decides to ignore it, them downgrade should happen
Screenshot_2021.09.19_11.35.jpg

恶魔猎手

人类自古以来就从事这种职业,危及他们的生命,因为在这个世界上没有任何武器可以伤害恶魔。
人类的聪明才智使猎人创造了伤害和杀死恶魔的最佳和唯一存在的方法,创造了用来自冥界的材料制造的奇怪武器。
以火攻火。
Demon hunters

Humans have been engaged in this profession since ancient times, endangering their lives because there are no weapons in this world that can harm demons.
Human ingenuity has led hunters to create the best and only method that exists to harm and kill demons, creating strange weapons made of materials from the underworld.
Fight fire with fire.
Regen neg is extremely common with anything that has remotely demonic nature. Sparda bois already have layers upon layers of regen neg hax.
Demons are impossible to kill because of regen...and stuff that is demonic is nature can kill then by negging their regen, of course provided its potent enough regen neg.

If mid godly is accepted, then yeah why not
Ye, Mid-Godly is already accepted, right now High-Godly only has one scan from PoC, but our current Mid-Godly justifications use one scan from PoC and quite a bunch from the DMC3 manga and game (The scans basically being the whole "A Demon's Name is its power" thing). The PoC scan basically serves as support and an expansion for the manga's statements. It's all here in this CRT where we accepted Mid-Godly. I hear there are a bunch more in-game scans for Mid-Godly but that's for another day.

Last edited:
I do personally hate using one or two justifications for such drastic statistics. Game verses have it easy compared to comics, huh But if everyone else is fine with it, then so am I. For now, at least

Mid-Godly has like, 3 major sources and one source with 9+ scans, the PoC scan basically expands on that LMAO

My biggest gripe is proving that PoC is canon considering it is to my knowledge, a limited region-locked release.

At best this would be secondary canon and no way should we be allowing supporting feats level material as main feats material.

But if you can prove PoC is canon, then I guess it would be fine on my end. Although I would like to clarify why the eightfold path thing would be considered real dimensions.

My biggest gripe is proving that PoC is canon considering it is to my knowledge, a limited region-locked release.

At best this would be secondary canon and no way should we be allowing supporting feats level material as main feats material.

But if you can prove PoC is canon, then I guess it would be fine on my end. Although I would like to clarify why the eightfold path thing would be considered real dimensions.
Thank you for helping out. That makes sense to me.

But if you can prove PoC is canon, then I guess it would be fine on my end.
We... already did tho? In this exact CRT.

It was confirmed that both nebulajoy and capcom developed this game and stated in their official site that the events of that game is between dmc3 and dmc1with many references from the former like dante stating that he fought Cerberus and nevan before,pluto telling dante how he failed to save vergil,etc

It was confirmed that both nebulajoy and capcom developed this game and stated in their official site that the events of that game is between dmc3 and dmc1with many references from the former like dante stating that he fought Cerberus and nevan before,pluto telling dante how he failed to save vergil,etc
4 articles straight from NebulaJoy's official site (Gotta translate some of them, but the story is crystal clear-cut), and the game itself heavily referencing to the past events of DMC3.

Here is dante talking how he is a bout fighting nevan for a second time

Here is pluto telling dante of how he didn't save vergil skip to 35:15

Here are the articles from NebulaJoy's own sites confirming PoC's canonicity (They repeat the same words twice in their articles for some reason): Here, here, here and here (Gotta use translate, but the words are as clear as can be)

Last edited:
the game isn't china exclusive the devs are working on a global release

also PoC's been accepted as canon for quite a long time now, I'm not sure why no one brought this up when we made the thread about it, here's what we know :

-game's been called an orthodox sequel to the DMC Series (orthodox means canon AFAIK )

-game's is officially confirmed to take place between DMC 3 & 1

-the game's is supervised & directed by capcom, it says so on their website when you click learn more on PoC

the OP of this old thread has the sources for the stuff above + some more supporting evidence

-

When it comes to Devil May Cry PoC I'd rather not take part in it since I lack knowledge on the game and it pretty much gave the demons steroids with lore. Regardless, if the verse treats Higher Dimensions as our site requires them to, I don't see a problem with HD souls. From what I understand from previous threads, demons got conceptual stuff and can put each other down. My only real concern is that the from what I can recall, the Order of the Sword from Devil May Cry 4 could put down demons and they didn’t get back up. Sure they later empower themselves with demon juice but from what I remember they fought them before they did that so unless I'm mistaken (Haven't played DMC games in a while) or the Order of the Sword have High-Godly Regeneration Negation weapons that made it so the demons they killed didn't come right back.

From what I understand from previous threads, demons got conceptual stuff and can put each other down. My only real concern is that the from what I can recall, the Order of the Sword from Devil May Cry 4 could put down demons and they didn’t get back up. Sure they later empower themselves with demon juice but from what I remember they fought them before they did that so unless I'm mistaken (Haven't played DMC games in a while) or the Order of the Sword have High-Godly Regeneration Negation weapons that made it so the demons they killed didn't come right back.
I don't ever recall them fighting any demons before the demonic boost but they will still not get high godly regeneration negation because they only showed to kill low tier demons as the scan stated that only low tier demons can't regeneration on that level

My only real concern is that the from what I can recall, the Order of the Sword from Devil May Cry 4 could put down demons and they didn’t get back up. Sure they later empower themselves with demon juice but from what I remember they fought them before they did that so unless I'm mistaken (Haven't played DMC games in a while) or the Order of the Sword have High-Godly Regeneration Negation weapons that made it so the demons they killed didn't come right back.
AFAIK the Order's lower ranks only kill low-tier demons, which are excluded from the High-Godly statement. Only superior officers are allowed to kill higher-tier demons.

Also the Order uses weapons forged from Demon bodies at times, but I think that's officer-level stuff.

I don't ever recall them fighting any demons before the demonic boost but they will still not get high godly regeneration negation because they only showed to kill low tier demons as the scan stated that only low tier demons can't regeneration on that level
AFAIK the Order's lower ranks only kill low-tier demons, which are excluded from the High-Godly statement. Only superior officers are allowed to kill higher-tier demons.

Also the Order uses weapons forged from Demon bodies at times, but I think that's officer-level stuff.
Fair point. I forgot we separated the demons physiology natural capabilities depending on their level

So why are the dimensions real then?
We aren't talking about the dimensions but more specifically the dimensionality of the soul itself since the proposal of it being AP changed to range only but if that still necessary then the same scan that talks about souls also states that they originate and come back from a higher dimension if that helps

Is the Eightfold Path they're referring to here in reference to something? Because the scan by itself does not really tell me that their souls would be spatiotemporally 9D.

As for the High-Godly thing, I'm not really sure how it would canonically work since that means everyone has no trouble coming back from being killed, but obviously there are parts where lives are at stake so I'm going to need an explanation for that.

Is the Eightfold Path they're referring to here in reference to something? Because the scan by itself does not really tell me that their souls would be spatiotemporally 9D.
We don't know exactly know what eightfold path is in this context tho sevil speculated that it is referring to nirvana a dimension that exists in the demon realm and the scan is clear as it gets a basic nine dimensional form as Ultima said it only grant range and HDE
As for the High-Godly thing, I'm not really sure how it would canonically work since that means everyone has no trouble coming back from being killed, but obviously there are parts where lives are at stake so I'm going to need an explanation for that.
Firstly the scan about regeneration for demons clearly states that low tier demons can't do it thus they won't get high godly regeneration

Secondly regeneration negation is quite common ability in the verse with many characters and weapons showed to have it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back